Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thinkin' Spring at Sassy Cheryl's!

Hello my sugar muffins! I'm practicing my "Southern Speak" 'cuz a week from today I'll be visiting our five adorable grandkiddos in Phoenix, Arizona . . . and I promised li'l Miss Sophia that I'd teach her how people talk in the South! hehe! (Note: I already taught her, "Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit" . . . but if you have any others that would be suitable for a 6 year-old, let me know! hehe!)


And, of course, you know the other reason I love Tuesdays . . . it's Challenge Day at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our sweet and talented Miz Peggy is our hostess once again . . . and here's this week's challenge theme . . .   

We're Thinkin' Spring!

Well, I tell ya, the weather has been so spectacular here in Richmond, VA, U.S.A., that "Thinkin' Spring" was no trouble at all! So, here's my "sassy"  DT card for this week . . . 


This card features one of Sassy Cheryl's older images called April Showers. And here's the coolest thing . . . she's available (the image, that is . . . not Sassy Cheryl!) for just $2.00 HERE, along with oooooodles of other adorable Sassy Cheryl images in the Bargain Bin! So, do pop on over and check it out, won'tcha?! But, wait . . . don'tcha want to see the rest of my photos? Of course you do! Here's a side-ish view, sort of . . .


My card "recipe" . . .
Very Vanilla Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Heidi Grace
Front sentiment, brads, charm, pearls, ric rac, & ribbon: My stash
Inside sentiment: Stampin' Up
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Dies: Spellbinders (Labels 2)
Butterfly & Trellis punches: Martha Stewart
Copics

Here's a peek at the inside . . .


The sentiment reads:
"You're never more than a thought away"

And, finally . . .


And there ya go, my friends! Now it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Peggy and the rest of  my DT sistahs have created for this week's challenge! Then, we'd love for you to come join us for this week's challenge? Just remember to follow Peggy's "We're Thinkin' Spring" theme! Oh . . . and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Remember . . .
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for your very kind comments!! Hugsssssssss!!


23 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous x x x

Sassy Cheryl said...

If you're teaching lil Miss Sophia, Southern speak, tell her to call everyone, Mr. or Mrs. with their first name and to ALWAYS say 'britches' and not pants. :) You're funny!
What a fabulous card Pat. . . .Simply beautiful! And I'm glad that you think I'm worth more than $2!
Love it girl and as always a super fun post!

Boxofcolours said...

Ha ha, we may have to resort to that yet! From I think next month we have a hosepipe ban in our part of England coming into force. We have not had enough rain for the last 2 years..............and guess who is in the middle of landscaping her new garden!!!
Great card Pat and thanks for making me smile this morning.
Hugs
Jane

Dena said...

Pat! A bargain image huh? It is totally adorable!! Love, love the pretty deep pink you used and awesome coloring!
Now, I have never heard the butter my butt thing hahahahahaha!!!! We say "hotter than blue blazes" "dadburnit!" and others that I can't think of right now, in Texas! Yee Haw!!! Have fun with your grandbabies!
Hugs, Dena

Michelle said...

Great card! I always love your cards. And you always make me laugh. You are going to have a great time with your grandkids. I have no Southern expressions for you since I'm a Yankee. God Bless

Dawn said...

snort you crack me up, Pat! what fun for Sophia...lol
love the card... great colors!!

Tammy Ortiz said...

Pat
This is simply adorable.
The inside is amazing I love the little attention to detail
Awesome job

Cynthia said...

Adorable design as always, Pat! This sweet card just screams "Welcome Spring".

Alice Wertz said...

love your coloring and the colors you used. beautiful card!

Tracy said...

That really is a great image and you've surrounded it with pink loveliness. :-) Really fun card Pat!
Don't forget to teach Miss Sophia "Bless his/her heart". LOL That statement is the be all, end all response to so many situations and comments. :-) Hugs!

Molecraft said...

A gorgeous card and love that image!
Helen x

jkreucher said...

Awesome, Fantastic creation once again! your colors are perfect!
Hmmm think spring and take a bath outside... not... :):):)
just trying to be funny!
Love your elegant yet cute card!
hugs to ya
Judy

Candy said...

Cute, cute, cute :o)
Hugs, Candy

June Nelson said...

This is goreous Pat what a brilliatnt card and Ilove the colours you have used too xxxxxx

Joann Burton said...

Pat I went and got the digi...For that price I had to have it...Beautiful card I love the way you do your insides, lol... Still gotta check out this Stampin Up... Yes indeed go and turn them babes into Country Bumpkins...joann sassy raggedy

Cheryl said...

oh this is one,gorgeous image Hun,and the colours and the layout is just so beautiful love the inside,too,
hugs Cherylxxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card Pat, what an adorable image. We've had the first springlike day of the year here so have been making the most of it. Thank you for the lovely comment on my card. The Calendar Girls play was fantastic, mum and I really enjoyed it. Debs xx

Monique said...

That is so cute Pat !! Wonderfull colouring :)).

Hugs Monique

JACKIE M said...

LOVE your card Pat, it is fun, fun, fun :)

Kelly Neis said...

That is one adorable card, that is MN talk. I love southern talking so you can teach us too. Pat your card is very pretty and adorable!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Thanks for clarifying that you are NOT pimpimg out Cheryl! Lol
Your card is Beautiful Pat. I love the layout, very eye catching.
~jeni :)

Debbie said...

What a cute twist on Spring Showers. Love the way she is sitting in the tub watering her flowers. It really is adorable

Hugs
Debbie

Ann English said...

So stinkin' cute. Love the colors, the coloring, and the details!!!