Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Parade at Sassy Cheryl's!

Hey there kiddos! Thanks so much for all the great "Southern Speak" suggestions for my little 6 year-old grandbaby, Sophie! I think it's time she started calling her mom and dad, "mama" and "daddy" . . . each spoken with at least 4 syllables! That'll be so cute! hehe! Oh, and get this . . . Sophie told me tonight, "Gramma, I think I get my good coloring talent from you." Bwahaha! I told Soph that she's far more talented than Gramma ever could hope to be! And it's true! 


So now, my lovelies, let's talk about this week's challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our sweet and bubbly and oh so talented Miz Judy is our hostess this week . . . and here's what she's chosen for this week's challenge theme . . .   

Easter Parade!

Hmmmmm . . . bunnies and bonnets and eggs, Oh my!! hehe! And here's my "sassy"  DT card for this week . . .


This card features one of Sassy Cheryl 's images from last year! She's called "I wanna be a bunny (girl)"! And, get this . . . even though she's been "retired" from Sassy Cheryl's store, she's available for purchase right now . . . and she'll remain in Cheryl's store until April 2nd . . . for just $2.00! Whoohoo!! I just love her "sassy" attitude, don't you?! So, don't dawdle, ok?! If you want this little cutie patootie for your own digi image collection, you can find her HERE!  Here's a side view . . .


Oh, I have to tell ya . . . in the black &white digi image, I think those lines at the bottom are s'posed to be long blades of grass . . . but I magically transformed them into colored Easter eggs (or big colored boulders! bwahaha!) . . . which left one lone, long blade of grass! I have no idea what I was thinking . . . except I kinda like the big "eggs" on the ground! Hey . . . work with me here! It's art! hehehe!

My card "recipe" . . .
Whisper White Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: K & Company
Sentiment, flowers, buttons, ric rac, charm, buttons, & ribbon: My stash
Dies: Spellbinders
Butterfly & border punches: Martha Stewart
Copics

Here's a peek at the inside . . .


The sentiment reads:
"Did someone say chocolate?"

And, finally . . .


Fun, huh?! Now it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Judy and the rest of  my clever DT sistahs have created for this week's challenge! Then, please come join us for this week's challenge! Just remember to follow Judy's "Easter Parade" theme! Oh . . . and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Remember . . .
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges . . .

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, always, for your sweet comments!! Hugsssssssss!!

22 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

What a lovely bright, cheery card Pat, I love it!
Hugs
Jane

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well, I LOVE the way your changed the 'blades' of grass into Easter eggs. You go girl! :)
Simply adorable and such a gorgeous card Pat. But that's always a given with you! LOVE IT!
Oh and BTW. . . .Yes, it is always about me! :)

Tammy Ortiz said...

Oh Pat,
You have outdone yourself. I love this so much, You ROCK>>>>>

Dawn said...

Soph no doubt will be a coloring genius and just as snarky funny as her granny! Once again, fab card, Pat!! Yes, I love her 'tude'... that look on her face is priceless!

Cheryl said...

oh Pat this is so beautiful oh just love the beautiful fresh colours on this hun its just stunning hugs Cherylxxx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! This card is screaming "Spring"! Love the way the background looks like an Easter egg. Don't you just love her attitude? ~jeni :)

Christina C. said...

What an adorable Easter card, Pat! I adore this sweet image which you colored magnificently. I definitely want to add that to my collection.
Love the buttons and all the other fabulous details and the sentiment is priceless! Great job on this Easter card!

jkreucher said...

Oh! Love your Fantastic ART eggs! what a great idea! fits perfectly I would say!
I love that you used this darling image.. one of my all time faves for sure!
Pure sweetness as always!
hugs to ya
Judy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Great sentiment with this fabulously coloured card, pretty papers and ric rac and cute little buttons. Hugs, Lesley

Vicky said...

So gorgeous hun...and love the colours too sweetie..

big hugs Vicky xx

Hazel said...

Hi Pat

You're card just makes me smile - I love absolutely everything about it - the image and the pretty colours - I love it!

Thank your for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck. I hope you will be able to come and join in with our challenge next week.

Hazel x

Sharon Caudle said...

LOOOOVE it!!! She's one of my most favorite images ever!! And you've colored her perfectly, Pat! And how creative of you to change those lines into Easter eggs! I'm amazed!! Double and triple love your sentiment. heehee!! Fabulous! I've gotta tell ya when I used her, I made the sentiment "what are YOU looking at...at least I can take MY ears off!" heehee Love your card, chica!
hugs, Sharon

Tracy said...

Hey interpretation is part of an artists perogative. LOL If you see big eggs then they're big eggs. LOL You sure did pick a sassy one and a perfect sentiment to match her. Gorgeous coloring as always Miz. Pat. Hugs!

Tracey Brossart said...

Such a bright fun card! Your coloring is amazing! Love the buttons! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

Joann Burton said...

Ohhhh Pat, I have laughed so much at your post...And when you said "lovelies" it reminded me so much of Julie Roberts in Snow White...lol I have this image, as I have most of what she has done, but my tall grass does not turn into those eggs or boulders.....maybe I need to say "abracadabra, turn sassy grass into sassy eggs". Gonna try it. Love your card, so bright and cheery... joann sassy raggedy

Julie said...

So cute. I love your coloring. That is one of my favorite Sassy Cheryl's stamps.

Hugs,
Julie

Woo said...

Love your sassy cheryl image! THe ears are fab! Thanks for being a Cutie Pie! Woo & Hazel aka H xx

fairysparkle said...

Love love love this card and how very clever of you to make eggs out of the marks.I love that you have made it so bright .xx

lindyloo said...

Beautiful card love the bright colors thank you for joining us at cutie pie this time
Lindyloo x

Jo said...

A fun colourful card, such a great image!
Thank you for joining in with us this week at Sketch Saturday
Jo xx

Stamping Seasons said...

Just stunning!!!! fantastic colouring, so much detail to look at... I could drawl over your blog all day!!
Hugs
Tracy

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful as always Pat, I love your sentiment and your big boulder eggs lol