Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Candle with "Kisses"

Looking for my newest "Sugar Bowl" DT project?
Please scroll on down . . . 

Alrighty then . . . it's Thursday . . .  and I really, REALLY stepped out of my comfort zone for this week's challenge over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! My sweet and talented friend . . . and DT sister, Iulia, is our hostess this week . . . and Iulia would like us all to . . .

Try Something NEW!
(That means a new product or a new technique!)

Well, well, well . . . I put on my crafty li'l thinking cap and came up with this fun project! And let me tell you . . . this was definitely "SOMETHING NEW" for me!!




OK . . . so, here's the deal . . . I'd been drooling over several of my Design Teamies' candles (both Elaine & Debbie have made gorgeous candles recently . . . and I thank them for their brilliant work and inspiration!) . . . so I decided to give it a try!!


I must admit, this was the easiest project I have EVER made! I simply secured a piece of tissue paper to a sheet of cardstock and printed my desired Mo image . . .  in this case, "Kisses" . . . onto the tissue! Then I colored the image with Copics. Be sure to color the image much darker than your typical coloring! (Thanks for that tip, Elaine.) Once you're done, simply remove the tissue from the cardstock . . .taking care not to tear your freshly colored image!




Then simply scissor cut the image . . . place it on your pillar candle, colored side facing out! Wrap a piece of wax paper around the candle, smoothing out the wrinkles. Then, with your heat gun and using a back-and-forth sweeping motion, apply heat to the image for just a few seconds. It will actually melt your image into the candle! Add a bow, flower, bling, or whatever! See? Easy Peasy!!

You can find this adorable "Kisses" image HERE at Mo's online store. Here's one more photo . . .  


And that's my little DT project for Mo's this week. Hope you enjoyed looking! Be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my talented Design Teamies!! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE) . . . and follow this week's "Try Something New" theme! Ooooh . . . and don't forget . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so much for visiting...and, please know how very much I appreciate your sweet comments!! So, until next time . . .  Mwahhhh!!

38 comments:

catherine said...

Well done to you Pat for trying something new and what a fantastic job you have made with this candle. Not such a new technique anymore and I'm sure you will be making many more of these.
x catherine

Mau xx said...

Good Morning Pat, What a fab candle you are a brave girl..lol I bought two a while back and they are still waiting to be done :O
I adore this image she is gorgeous and coloured beautifully.
Have a good day, hugs Mau xx

Tammy Ortiz said...

oh Pat,
this is so adorable. I have never seen this before. Now you know I have to try this now lol. I really do.
Wow this is great.
hugs

Elaine L. said...

This is beautiful, Pat! Aren't they fun to make?! Love the colors you've used!

Elaine L. said...

This is beautiful, Pat! Aren't they fun to make?! Love the colors you've used!

Maria Therese said...

Goooooooooooooooorgeous sweetie!! I want that candle! Haven't tried that transfer technique but one day I will have to do it..

Dena said...

It worked Perfect!!! This looks wonderful and your gorgeous coloring even shows up well on a candle! Great project Pat!
Hugs, Dena

Danielle said...

Wow... I love this project of yours. what a love idea to transfer the image on a candle. your coloring is just beautiful! Fabulous.

Boxofcolours said...

Now this is something that I have wanted to try and never dared, a heat gun, Jane and a wax candle spells "MESS"!! Maybe one day I'll give it a go, you never know I might surprise myself.

It is always a pleasure to visit your blog Pat and today's post is awesome!

Hugs
Jane

Carla S. said...

Fabulous candle, Pat! You coloring is superb, as always! I must give this a try! You made it sound fairly straightforward so maybe even I could do it!

Linda said...

As always just Goregous.. Love this image on the candel..Beautifully colored.. Very lovely work!!
Hugs, Linda

Dorcas said...

So THATS how they do that!! Cooool! Your coloring is over the top gorgeous, I'm just flabbergasted that you can color with copics on a tissue paper! Whaaaat? Awesome project~!

Debs M said...

fabulous colouring!! your candle looks gorgeous x

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Pat,
this is gorgeous, can't believe it's your first made!
I have always heated them too much, ok -
have to try again, this is so good sample, thanks!
Greetings from Finland;-))m

Teresa said...

Hi Pat, What a wonderful Project! I love this image of Mo's and she looks wonderful on that candle! Brilliant! Hugs, Teresa x

Barb said...

Oooo, this is so precious! I keep the tutorial for making these candles on my stack of things to try, but I haven't worked up the courage. You make it look so simple and unique. Gorgeous coloring!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Beautiful Pat! I have wanted to try this for a while now. Love it!!
~jeni :)

Debbie said...

Well Ms. Pat!!! This came out fantastic!!! You really did a fantastic job with it. I am sure you are going to make a few more, they are so much fun to make aren't they? Your coloring is really just perfect and I love the glass beads instead of the flowers.

Hugs
Debbie

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this came out amazing,you have really done a fantastic job,with it,hugs Cherylxxx

Christina C. said...

OMG, Pat, this is beyond gorgeous!
I adore that sweet image, colored to perfection! What an AMAZING job you did!!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is gorgeous Pat! I used to do the candles all the time, but haven't given it try for ages! Must run to Michael's and get a candle and give it a try! My technique was a little different, but I surely do love the effect your coloring has done! Beautiful! Hugs...Barb <><

Tracy said...

You did an awesome job on your candle Pat! I am really loving the colors you chose for her dress. Adore that combo! I haven't tried this yet either, but I sure like the way it looks. :-) Hugs!

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat , wow this is gorgeous, I have been wanting to give this a go, and after seeing yours I think I must. thanks for sharing your lovely candle.
Hugs Cheryl

June Nelson said...

Its absolutely beautiful pat, must have a go at this, what kind of tissue do you use please xxxx

Alina said...

Pat, this is too beautiful for words, your colouring is just perfect, my compliments!
hugs, Alina

Ann Marie Governale said...

Oh Pat this is just too cute - I can't wait to try it. I have been afraid of it actually thinking I would singe my fingers off.... May be a stupid question but did you use ordinary tissue paper? Also, how did you secure it to cardstock? Tape? THanks- Just beautiful- I can imagine using a variety of images and using these pillar candles as part of centerpieces for parties, showers etc. Great job!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Pat. I love the way you colored her. She is perfect in every way. Thanks for the information on how to create it. This is adorable.

Grenouille Greetings said...

So, when I was at Mo's earlier in the week buying that Wynken Blynken and Nod image you made me have, I also bought "Kisses" with the plan to use it for Mother's Day (it's in March in England) and I was going to make a candle and a matching card! How spooky is that? Of course mine won't be as beautiful as yours. Stunning colouring, Pat! Hugs, Lesley

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Your's is the most beautifully coloured tissue on a candle I have ever seen!!
Big hugs, Candy

Ida said...

Something New ......something adorable !
It's a beauty !
Nice weekend -love Ida

Molecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat, I really fancy having a go at this!
Helen x

Barb said...

This candle is just amazing! Your coloring is always an inspiration. I just love to see what you make!

Kiki said...

Fantastic, simply fantastic! I think I'll give it a try, too.

Hugs, Kiki

Kim Bell said...

Pat
This is AWESOME. I will try to do this. It looks amazing. Wonderful job as usual.
Hugz
Kim

fairysparkle said...

Oh my im in love and you have coloured her so perfectly Pat .Love how you have displayed her too .

Kim said...

Wow Pat! Love this project and your coloring is gorgeous! Don't know If I will ever be brave enough to attempt a candle but you sure have given me something to think about conquering...lol. Excellent <3

Iulia said...

What a brave girl you are! I always thought this was too complicated for me to try out:) So I admire those who give it a shot:) But I can't remember having seen such a beautiful result on candles before. Looks fantastic and so bright! I should go and buy one of those heat guns too; seems I need that more often than I think.
Love this!

Tracyfqff said...

Beautiful Pat! I have wanted to try this for a while now. Love it!! ~jeni :)