Sunday, March 18, 2012

Care for a Spot of Tea?

Howdy doody . . . and welcome to my bloggity blog!! Hope you're having the most fabulous weekend! The weather here in Richmond, VA, U.S.A. has been spectacular!! Clear and sunny . . . and even a bit warm (in the high-70's!). I do believe that Spring has SPRUNG! Whoohoo!! Today I have card that was commissioned by my sweet sister, Dee. She needed something for a friend who is graduating college . . . so, clearly, "Congratulations" needed to be somewhere on the card! AND, her friend loves tea . . . so this is the image my sister selected . . .


Allow me to introduce you to "Tea Please", a Sarah Kay image from Stampavie. I just think she's as precious as can be!! Here's sort of a side view . . .


I used Lavender Lace cardstock from Stampin' Up layered on top of DCWV pastel cardstock (no idea what color it is . . . kinda matches, tho!). The sentiments are from Magnolia; seam binding is from The Ribbon Girl; metal filagree corners & flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts; pearl swirls from ZVA Creative; and the lace and that cute little "teapot" charm are from my stash!


Here's a close-up of the teapot charm and gorgeous Prima Petal Pin . . .


A peek at the inside . . .


A close-up of the sentiment . . .


And, last, but not least . . .


And that's it for me!! Thanks visiting . . . hope you enjoyed yourself! And, always, always, thank you so much for your sweet comments! Until next time . . . mwahhh!


23 comments:

Linda said...

Such a beautiful card.. love the darling little image and the details are just wonderful.. Very lovely work as always..
Hugs, Linda

Kim said...

Beautiful as all your cards are! I love that teapot charm.

Alyce said...

Pat this is so gorgeous! Love those details and the beautiful colours :)

Tammy Ortiz said...

This s so adorable! The inside is wonderful!
I love it!

Danielle said...

A cup of tea with you? anytime, where do we meet??? Your card reminds of an English garden, where madame waits for her cup of tea, surrounded by perfume of lavander... Fabulous. wonderfully done, everything is PERFECT. And I love everything. and I need this tea pot! Hugs.

Danielle said...

snif.. me again. I searched that teapot and could not find it ... snif snif... May I ask where you got if from Pat?

Debbie said...

There you go again Ms. Pat. OMG you out did yourself again. I love the lilac colors and this image is adorable. Your floral arangement is spectacular with that teapot charm as the accent is really just the perfect touch

Hugs
Debbie

Kim Bell said...

Pat
I just love it. You know purple is my favorite color!! It is so beautiful.

Hugz
Kim

Cheryl said...

OMG, this is stunning Pat, oh I love the colours and that image is beautiful, and the cute little teapot charm just sets it off to a tea! Thanks for sharing your amazing creation.
Hugs Cheryl

ednamburgess said...

AWWW, so adorable. And love the colors you picked, my favorite. Such great shading and putting it all together. Wonderful job. Edna

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Pat, this is so beautiful!!! I just love everything you do! Stunning coloring and those papers are truly beautiful! Amazing embellishments too! She's going to adore it and will keep it forever!
hugs, Sharon

June Nelson said...

This is beautiful Pat just gorgoues xxxxx

Joann Burton said...

Well Pat you have outdone yourself...I love it. The charm is beautiful as is everything about the card...Me, I have another of those collectible cards to hang...lol Love it girl....joann sassy raggedy

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a beautiful card! I think I am going to "borrow" your idea for a card I just made that has too little space for a round sentiment... love how you position the sentiment sideways with a lovely border! SHe is just beautiful- colors are gorgeous!!

Dena said...

Oh girl!!!!! OMG!!!! She will be thrilled with this gorgeous card! The image is precious, like you say, and I love the color!!! WONDERFUL WORK!!!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Diane J said...

Absolutely love the card. Love the purple.

Harma said...

Hi Pat.Such lovely work,I love the color!!my color too.Everything is perfect
Hugs harma

Boxofcolours said...

Well actually Pat, please may I have coffee, I know I am English but I don't drink tea (yucky stuff)

Fantastic card as always.

Hugs
Jane

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Gorgeousness Pat!! Love all those beautiful flowers and that tea kettle charm is just the right accent. Your Sister's friend is gonna looooove it!
~jeni :)

Sheri said...

Pat!!! I am absolutely head over heels in love with this! All 0f the yummy lavender and lace! So gorgeous PAT!!

Candy said...

Your card is gorgeous, Pat!!
Love your we little image :o)
Great colours and decorations.
Your colouring is always amazing.
Hugs, Candy

DanniizDesignz said...

This is beautifully amazing! The metal filagree corners are a great addition

Purple Card Lady said...

Oh my!! I love all this purple! TFS!