Thursday, March 15, 2012

Buttons 'n Bows . . . at Mo's!

Hey there m'darlins!! It's Thursday. . . my fave day of the week! Why? you ask . . . well, it's because I have my drawing class every Thursday . . . AND, there's another a fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog each and every Thursday! Wheeee! So, here's the deal . . . our very own talented and silly and sweet DT sistah, Debbie, is our hostess this week! And Miz Debbie has decided she'd like to see us use . . .

Buttons 'n Bows!

Oohh . . . I was so excited to see this challenge theme because I had just the perfect image in mind . . . I won't tell you that this card is for my "baby" sister, Dee, because I want her to be surprised! AND, I can't call and tell her NOT to look because then her fingers will be moving so fast on her computer keyboard, that they'll be smokin'! hehehe! So, I'm just hoping she's too busy to look at my blog this week! LOL!

WARNING . . . YOU MAY WANT TO GRAB SOME SUNGLASSES . . . 
WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS INSANELY BRIGHT!! 
WHAT CAN I SAY? 
DEE REQUESTED YELLOW! YIKES!


Hehehe! I just LOVE this image! It's another somewhat older Mo Manning image, from 2009, called "Stepsisters." So, even though my sister and I are NOT stepsisters, I thought it was perfect!! Ahem . . . can ya guess which one I am?! Bwaha-snort-haha! You can find "Stepsisters" HERE at Mo's online store. Here's a bit of a side view . . .


My card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Cryogen White Paper
Very Vanilla  & Grey Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Modern Homemaker Collection from October Afternoon
"Sisters" word on front: Computer generated
Buttons & flower stamp: My stash
Crushed Curry ribbon: Stampin' Up
Nestabilities Dies
MS punch
Inside sentiment: D.R.S.Designs
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

A peek at the inside . . .


A close-up of that silly sentiment . . .


And, one last "artsy" view . . .


And there ya have it . . . a silly card for my sweet and silly sister!! Hope you enjoyed looking! Be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the stunning "Buttons 'n Bows" projects created my talented Design Teamies!! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE) . . . and follow this week's theme: "Buttons 'n Bows." Ooooh . . . and don't forget . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges . . . 

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for your kind comments and amazing support!
Hugs . . . until next time!

25 comments:

Sharon said...

This is freakin' adorable Pat. Just love this stamp and your colours you've chosen are just perfect... bright and summery! The sentiment is lovely too. hugs Sharon

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is super card. I love the image a lot. This is really cute.

Boxofcolours said...

The expression on the girls faces is to die for!! Yet another beautiful creation - and have fun with those new pencils!!
Hugs
Jane

Cheryl said...

oh wow love this Hun those colours are just brilliant and adore those papers,and the wonderful,dies you have used,hugs Cherylxxx

Alyce said...

Pat this is awesome! Love that cute image lol and your colouring is AMAZING! Nice to see a fun bright card :)

Dorcas said...

Terrific card, Pat! I love this image too, I made it for my sister a year or so ago, its definately a sister card!! But are these Pat colors??? Hmmmm.I think she's coming to the citrus side, folks! lol
Love your button decoration on the side too, fabby card!

Carole said...

Pat the "stepsisters" are adorable and I love how beautifully you colored them.

Chrissy said...

Wonderful card Pat...love the bright colours and the sentiment is fabulous.Love the image and your colouring is gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carla S. said...

Absolutely fabulous card, Pat! Your sister is going to love it! Wow! Love the bright colors and the super cute image, which, by the way, you've colored so perfectly! Fantastic design, inside and out!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Perfect colour work, Pat and beautifully bright papers inside and out. I'm sure your sis will love it! Hugs, Lesley

Tracey Brossart said...

Ahhh I love, love, love this!! Super cute design and such unique delish colors!! Adorable image too...love Mo's images! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

angelwhispers said...

What a great image and such a funny sentiment but so perfect and the colours just super! Chanelle xx

Christina C. said...

Hahahahah....love that sentiment!!!!
I always felt deprived because I do not have a sister...sigh!
Your card is a visual delight, Pat...love, love it!!!! Such adorable images, colored to perfection! You are such a bundle of talent.

June Nelson said...

Wow Pat this is fantastic the clours just Pop!! I love this mos image too willhave to get her out and colour her in me thinks xxxxx

Tracy said...

I don't have a sister so I can't share in understanding the relationship, but I can't believe she won't be just crazy about this card. Bright or not it's fantastic Pat and that sentiment is hilarious. :-) Love it!

Danielle said...

i just love your card, with all its brightness!Absolutely gorgeous. Love this cute image, and the button embellies. have a nice weekend. Hugs.

Cazza said...

Ooooo I LOVE this!! Such a fantastic card and amazing colouring too!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Barb Hardeman said...

Absolutely brilliant, Pat! Not just the yellow, but the design and your coloring are awesome. You never fail to produce gorgeous cards no matter what the medium or theme! Love the buttons...hugs...Barb <><

Candy said...

Fantastic card for your sister. I am sure the two of you will get a great laugh over it!
Hugs,s Candy

Kim said...

Pat this card is amazing. Your coloring makes me feel how obnoxious these two little girls are! This will be the next digi I add to my collection. Your color choices are fabulous. <3

Debbie said...

My dear sweet DT buddy. OMG!!! What you did with this image is AMAZING... you sister is going to love this, the colors just rock sister. I love the way you piled those buttons.. mine would be a total mess.

Hugs
Debbie

Vicky said...

WOW...totallt awesome in every way hun love the colour, love the fabulous image & that sentiment is super.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Elaine L. said...

What a wonderful card, Pat! The colors are gorgeous, and your coloring is beautiful, as usual! Love that pile of buttons, too!

Shanna Shands said...

I really love the images. Super cute and I love the frog. Thanks for playing with TG last week hope to see you play this week.

Danielle Vincent said...

This is so very cute that I can't stand it!!! I love yellow and that image is just too darn funny with the saying. I giggled and giggled when I saw it. Reminds me of my sister and I (she was the bratty one of course LOL - don't tell her I said so though). Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creations.