Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Shades of Spring" at 7 Kids!

Hap-hap-happy Wednesday my darlins! Guess what? It's time for another fun challenge at 7 Kids Challenge Blog! And this fortnight's challenge theme is  . . .

Shades of Spring!

I'm thrilled that we're having Spring-like weather here in Richmond, VA, USA! (Actually, we just finished having a couple of  Summer-like days! Yikes...too early in the year for THAT kind of nonsense!! hehe!) The grass is greening up, the trees are leafing out, and tulips are starting to pop up all over the place!! So, this challenge is perfectly timed, I must say! And, YIKES! Have you visited 7 Kids College Fund lately?! There are so many fabulous new stamps including Elizabeth Bell, Sylvia Zet, and coming soon . . . Nellie Snellen Stamps! Wheetwhoo! I can't wait! My credit card is trembling! (So is my sweet hubby! Trembling, that is! LOL!) OK . . . on to my "Springy" DT project . . .


This little sweetheart is "Chloe" . . . and she's from the new Elizabeth Bell "Cottage Cuties" collection. Now, here's the deal . . . I visited my local craft store (Michael's) yesterday and they had a whole new batch of journals with matching pens . . . so, of course, several "jumped" into my shopping cart! hehe!! I decided to make another altered journal for this fortnight's 7 Kids challenge!! (You may remember, I made a pink one a few challenges ago!)


These are the EASIEST projects EVER!! I just added a few roses from Wild Orchid Crafts and a sentiment from my stash . . . oh, and of course my colored, stamped image . . . and VOILA! A fun little gift for that someone special! Here's another, "kinda" side view . . .




And there ya have it, kiddos . . . my "Shades of Spring" project for this fortnight's 7 Kids challenge! Now it's time for you to head on over to 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog and take a peek at all the gorgeous creations by my 7 Kids DT sistahs! Then, pull out your craft supplies and join us for this fortnight's "Shades of Spring" challenge (#44) at 7 Kids!! And you know why, right? 'Cuz it's always such fun!! PLUS, there is a fabulous prize to be won! That's right . . . one lucky winner (selected at Random) will win a $20.00 gift voucher to spend at 7 Kids College Fund Store! Cool, huh?!

Thanks much for visiting . . . and for your kind comments! Mwahhhhh!

17 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

This little beauty really pops amidst the grey tones and she is coloured divinely! Fab little notepad, Pat! Hugs, Lesley

Lou Mac said...

Too cute!! What a fab find, I'm sure several would'a hopped, skipped and jumped into my basket too!!

Love how you've used the little twin set. Your colouring is AH-mazing!! I want hair like hers!

xo

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous sweetie ♥

Tammy Ortiz said...

pat,
the image of the journals jumping in your buggy cracked me up lol.
I love Elisabeth Bell images, this is a great job.
Love your work
hugs

cathylynn said...

Hi Pat! Your card is once again AMAZING!! Love that stamp that you colored to perfection! Beautiful DP's and details too. So much to admire!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Country Mouse said...

I love this set!!! So, so pretty!!!! What a sweet image! :)
audrey

Country Mouse said...

I love this set!!! So, so pretty!!!! What a sweet image! :)
audrey

Gina L said...

What a fabulous gift idea! I might have to lift it. Chloe is my fave of the Cottage Cuties and I love how you lined her up with roses.

Vicky said...

So beautiful Pat...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Linda said...

This is simply gorgeous.. very lovely work.. hugs, Linda

Joann Burton said...

Very Pretty. Such a nice gift. Elegant joann sassy raggedy

paola said...

Adorable image with your usual style of amazing coloring and i just love that you used this colored image with the very nuetral looking note book and pen, another little masterpiece. Have a good time with the grandkids
smiles
Paola

Penny said...

Pat, your colored your image beautifully, and she looks adorable on your notebook! She just pops! Love it! :^)
Hugs,
Penny
(And I know about the trembling. My hubby's bank account does a lot of that!)

Ann Marie Governale said...

Simply adorable. I just love her images... just got this one the other day!

Rene said...

Gorgeous Pat!!!! Mine came the other day...thanks for the inspiration!
Rene :D

fairysparkle said...

Hi Pat i love the pastel tones its very vintage french ohh la la very lovely to .xx

Carisa said...

I love this image, pat! I'm definitely putting her on my wish list now!!! I love how you kept the papers a muted color while the image pops with color!