Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My FIRST Post for 7 Kids...

Happy February 1st, my lovelies!! I have some very exciting news to share with you today!! I've been invited to join the fabulously talented ladies on the Design Team over at 7 Kids College Fund! How cool is that?!! Soooo...this is my very first official post for the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge! Are you ready?? Me too! So let's get started!

This fortnight's challenge theme is...

Red & Pink & White!

Kinda perfect, right? Especially since it's almost Valentine's Day! So...I decided to make a crossover card for a bit of a change of pace. They're super easy and fun to make! If you'd like to make one, you can find a fun and super simple tutorial HERE.


This card features a couple of my favorite little Magnolia stamps called "Tilda with Cute Skirt" and "Loving Border" (perfect for Valentine's Day) available HERE and HERE...along with an amazing array of stamps, papers, embellies, and all sorts of crafting and art supplies at 7 Kids College Fund online store.


I decided to use some of the fun digi papers from Bearly Mine Designs HERE. I am seriously lovin' the digi thing...because they're so easy to store! hehehe! (And my craft room is still in utter disarray...it'll be gorgeous soon, I swear!!)

Here's the rest of my card "recipe"...
Heart Circles (Nestabilities) available HERE
Sookwang adhesive (my fave!!) available HERE
Sketch markers (Copics) available HERE
Pencils (Prismacolor) available HERE
Cardstock & ink: Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Kimmy-Luvs embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Roses (Wild Orchid Crafts)
Round the corner punch (Martha Stewart)
Ribbon/flower brad thingie, lace, & faux pearls (my stash)


And that's it, my sweet friends!! Now...you'll want to pop on over to 7 Kids College Fund and take a peek at the gorgeous creations by my new DT sistahs!! Then, pull out your craft supplies and join us for this fortnight's "Red, Pink, & White" challenge#40 at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!!

I've decided to enter this little card into the following challenges...

Thanks so much for visiting...and for your very kind comments! They really do make my day! Hugs...until next time....

22 comments:

Linda said...

Wow and what a post this is!!!! Stunning stunning card Pat!!!! I absolutely love it!!!!! Just a magical card all around!!!!!!

Boxofcolours said...

Congratulations on your new DT position - and this card is fantastic, they know how to spot talent!!

Hugs
Jane

Kelly Neis said...

Pat your card is so pretty and I love the lacey sentiment piece that comes out. Congratulations on your DT with 7 kids, I am sure you will have fun. Have a fun day creating more beautiful things.

Christina C. said...

Well, aren't they lucky to have your talent on the team!!!! Congratulations, Pat! Your card is darling....beautiful design, coloring and fabulous details!

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is so cute and congratulations on your new role!
We can learn so much from you!
Hugs Tammy

The Wired Angel said...

Congratulations to you, Pat! Your card is stunning and they are lucky to have you on their team. Peggy x

Vicky said...

Big congrats Pat on your new DT postion hun...and loving your gorgeous creations too sweetie :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

angelwhispers said...

Congratulations on your new DT and wow what a first its so beautiful! Chanelle xxxx

Dorcas said...

You totally deserve it Pat! I can't wait to see all your 7 kids projects. I too love that sookwang tape, its awesome, I just ordered 4 rolls. LOve your crossover card, too!

Molecraft said...

Congratulations Pat and love your gorgeous card!
Helen x

Danielle said...

OH!!!!!!!!!! Pat... this is indeed good news, I shall be able to see more of your beautiful crations. this cutie, is just adorable. snif... I don't have her in mycollection, and your beautiful card, reminds me of it snif snif !! LOL. I love your coloring in red, just gorgeous, love the embossed background behind tilda, your selection of paper is delightful, and actually... it is a perfect card.
have a beautiful day, hugs

Julie said...

Hi Pat! This is simply beautiful. I am so excited you have joined the 7 Kids team. It will be fun working with you!!!

Hugz,

Julie

inge said...

What a gorgeous card , just love your design. Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia.

XX Inge

Ivonne said...

Wow Pat, your card is gorgeous! So beautiful. Congrats on the new DT role. Hugs, Ivonne

Lori said...

This is just so pretty, I love the layout and the beautiful colouring job, thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda!

Carisa said...

I haven't properly said hello! I am so excited to see you've joined 7 kids DT. I love your coloring and unique cards you create. Looking forward to working with you more and getting to know you. :D

Sharon said...

Oh wow Pat, your criss cross card is absolutely peachy. Just love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Simply Magnolia, hugs Sharon

ednamburgess said...

Just found your blog and so far have loved all the cards. You design beautifully and the coloring is great. Edna

Mandy said...

Congrats on your new DT Pat :)
Your card is absolutely gorgeous, so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda
hugs Mandy xx

Iulia said...

Congrats hun on your new DT position! Any Dt would love to have you in, that's a fact! I'm glad we are both on one of them:)
What can I say? It's exquisite, so soft and sweet as only Pat can make; you definitely have a unique style, I would recognize from hundreds of cards; those soft reds are definitely a nice touch:0. Gotta try this shape too:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new DT position - and this card is fantastic, they know how to spot talent!! Hugs Jane

Aarondcfq said...

Hi Pat! This is simply beautiful. I am so excited you have joined the 7 Kids team. It will be fun working with you!!! Hugz, Julie