Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sassy Sally's Ladybugs . . .

It's "Sassy" Tuesday again! Hope your week is off to a fabulous start!! I know mine is, 'cuz I'm craftin'!! So . . . are you ready for another fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog? Great, 'cuz my darlin' and oh so talented friend and fellow DT "Sassette," Cathy, is our hostess for this week's Sassy Cheryl's Challenge, and she's chosen a very "challenging" theme . . .well, challenging for me, at least . . .  

No Designer Paper!

Say what?! Yikes!! Well...out came my embossing folders. And . . . well, I decided to give that whole "clean and simple" thing another shot!! I think I nailed it this time! hehehe!! What'cha think?


Yep . . . definitely clean and simple!! Ohhhh . . . I'm so proud! You just don't know! So . . . here's the deal . . .  one of my husband's colleagues called a week ago and asked if I'd make a "Thinking of you" card for her to send one of her cousins. And, it just so happens that her cousin loves Ladybugs! And then yesterday, while I was browsing through Sassy Cheryl's online digi store, I found this new Sassy Sally with ladybugs!!! Whoohoo! Perfect, huh?! She's called "Sassy Sally Sits in Wonder" and you can find her right HERE!



Here's a peek at the inside . . . 


My card "recipe". . . 
Real Red, Black, & Whisper White cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs:  NONE  : - (  (I know . . . I'm such a baby!)
Sentiments: Stampin' Up
Dies: Spellbinders
Dotted Swiss & Argyle embossing folders: Cuttlebug
Lady bug punch: Martha Stewart
Rubies (my jewelry box) hehe! Just trickin' . . . they're rhinestones!
Ribbon: my stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

And, of course, the ever popular "artsy" view . . .


Okey dokey, sassy friends, it's time for you to meander on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Cathy and the rest of  my fellow DT Sassettes have created for this week's challenge! Then, we'd love for you to join us for this week's challenge? Just remember to follow Cathy's "NO DESIGNER PAPER" theme!!

One lucky participant, selected at random, of course, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Remember . . .
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

Thanks bunches for stopping by and for your sweet comments!! Hugs . . . until next time!

19 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

I'm proud of you to Pat. . . .you don't know how much. LMBO! You know I love ya.
This is a gorgeous card. I love ladybugs too! This is going to be a great 'thinking of you' card for your friends cousin. GORGEOUS!

Sharon said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat.

catherine said...

This is so beautiful and stunning with the embossing. Lovely finished on inside also
x catherine

angelwhispers said...

Just fabulous and beautiful image! Chanelle xx

Tammy Ortiz said...

Awesome job I love the great card!
Hugs Tammy
http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

cute,cute,cute!!! I love how you colored her... and I so need that ladybug punch! perfection, inside and out!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Love it! Love it, love it, love it!!! CAS you totally nailed. The ladybug border is perfect with this adorable image. Red/black/white - stunning! Love the "no dp" challenge because I would be deeply challenged too! You pulled it off perfectly! Hugs...Barb <><

Candy said...

You nailed it for sure Pat!!! Inside and out.
AND it makes your fantastic colouring and the image stand out SO MUCH!!
Hugs, Candy

Cheryl said...

Oh wow Pat, you should be proud , it's a stunner of a card. Love it all!
Hugs Cheryl

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love this color combination! Your card is wonderful! This is a fun challenge! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Cathy said...

Woo Hoo You did it GF, a beautiful CAS and a gorgemous challenge card that is gonna knock the socks off of your friends cousin. Love the striking colors. Red/white/black are favorites of mine and you did them beautifully. Always a pleasure to visit your blog GF!!!

Mau xx said...

This is adorable Pat, she will be so pleased with it xx
A great CAS card, its class xx
Hugs Mau

Michelle said...

I love this card! And I love this image. I may be scooting over there later to buy her ;)

Molecraft said...

Fabulous Pat, a great CAS card!
Helen x

Ivonne said...

So beautiful! I love the card and love the image!! Hugs, Ivonne

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card Pat, I love your ladybird border and your colouring is perfect :)

Jenée said...

This card is so dad-gone cute. That little image is quite charming, and you've colored it to perfection. So like the red and black combo. I very much enjoy this lovely little card, Pat.

jkreucher said...

Oh My Gosh! can you believe I forgot that I have this sweet ladybug punch! I got it because of all the ladybugs Cheryl puts in her images...
your card is over the top amazing, as always! love every little detail!
hugs to ya
Judy

The Wired Angel said...

Love this darling card, Pat. Your coloring just rocks! Always super. Peggy x