Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cute as a Button!

Hey there kiddos, can you believe it's Tuesday already?  And you know what that means, right?! It's time for another fabby challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our very own Sassy Cathy is our hostess again this week . . . and she's chosen for our theme . . . 
No Embossing!

Ya know what I say to "No embossing," Miz Cathy? I say "No problem!" But wait . . . each and every design I came up with screamed, "EMBOSS ME!" Aaaackk! But alas, I did NOT give in to "embossing" temptation! I followed the rules! Hehehe!! Here's my little "non-embossed" card . . .


Now, this is kinda cool . . . our adorable 6 year-old granddaughter, Sophie, LOVES shaker cards! So this one's for Soph! I think she's gonna love, love, LOVE it! I do believe Sophie has saved all of the cards I've made for her. She has them all safely hidden in her underwear drawer! Hmmm . . . I'm not sure . .. is that a good thing? LOL!!

I digress . . . back to my card! This little darlin' is actually a Sassy Cheryl rubber stamp called "Lovely Lulu." You can find the entire Lovely Lulu set - along with this perfect little sentiment - at Kraftin' Kimmie's HERE!


My card "recipe". . . 
Melon Mambo, Pear Pizazz, & Whisper White cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Debbie Mumm
"Button" sentiment: Kraftin' Kimmie
Dies: Spellbinders
Buttons, ribbon, & inside sentiment: My stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

Here's a peek at the inside . . .

 
And, of course, the ever popular "ahhhtsy fahhhhtsy" view . . .


Fun, huh? Now . . . it's time for you to skip on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Cathy and the rest of  my fellow DT Sassettes have created for this week's challenge! Then, we'd love for you to join us for this week's challenge? Just remember to follow Cathy's "NO EMBOSSING" theme!!

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

And, just wait 'til you see some of Sassy Cheryl's adorable new digi images!
They are so stinkin' cute!

Remember . . .
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for your kind comments!! Mwahhh!

26 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

It screamed 'EMBOSS ME' because you couldn't do it! LOL
Gorgeous Mz. Pat. Love that you chose one of Kraftin' Kimmie's stamps to showcase this week on your card. Love, love, love it! Oh, and BTW. . . .adore the 'ahhhtsy fahhhtsy' view!

Therese said...

Sweet as candy! :)

Suzie McFloozy said...

Wow great card - I have this DCWV paper and I love it !
Great idea to use the little buttons in the shaker and I adore that cute image x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Laine said...

I love your cards and find your work an inspiration. This is just so sweeeeet and very clever.

Love

Laine

X

Tammy Ortiz said...

I ordered the lulu stamp set . I am so excited to see how I will use them. I love your design pat!

I have My First free candy on my blog if you want to enter the drawing.
 
Hugs Tammy Ortiz
Blog: http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

My sweet sweetfriend Pat, this is so cute, I love shaker cards but now with the "Little" buttons OMG even better I have to try that one of these days.

Hugs
Debbie

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is just stunning love that image,and your detail is just brilliant love love those colours hugs Cherylx

Dena said...

AHHHH! I LOVE when you create!!! I look forward to seeing your adorable creations and amazing coloring! The way you do hair is fantabulous my friend!!! This is the cutest shaker card to boot! LOVE IT!!!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn said...

just too STINKIN CUTE!! and, yes, Sophie will love it and add it to her collection... (hope they're all clean in that drawer!)
love the pink tub...I thought when I colored one I'd try 'color'... you beat me to it! Great minds!!
fabulous inside and out, Pat!

Wendy - AKA Mrs. B said...

This one made me smile and chuckle - GOSH you've just captured the moment here, Pat! wendy xx

Sharon Caudle said...

AAACK!!! This is so frickin' adorable!!!! LOOOVE Lulu in the tub and your coloring is sheer perfection! You are just so damn creative! LOL! I just ADORE your work! Have a wonderful day Pat!!
hugs, Sharon

Molecraft said...

Fabulous Pat, not seen buttons in a shaker before, love it!
Helen x

Barb Hardeman said...

Button, button, who's got the button? Why its Ms Pat!! Another absolutely gorgeous and ingenious card! A shaker card with buttons!! How adorable! Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! Hugs...me <><

Susan.... said...

This is such a delightfully cute card Pat ! love the button embellishments, it makes it so special !
Hugs
susan x

Christina C. said...

This is too cute for words, Pat! What a darling image, colored and showcased magnificently!

The Wired Angel said...

I want what you're eating...

Fantastic shaker card, Pat. Sophie is one smart cookie and will become G-ma's favorite if she keeps that up!! Love your gorgeous card, Sassy gal! Peggy x

jkreucher said...

Pat this is FANTABULOUS!!!!!
Love the pink tub, and the great idea of tiny buttons in the shaker.
She is going to have quite a stash of cards in her special drawer.. might have to move the undies to another drawer:)
Everything about your amazing creation is over the top inspiring! I love every little detail!
hugs to ya!
Judy

Ann Marie Governale said...

Just love this card! I am on my way to Sassy Cheryl to get a hold of some of these images!

Joann Burton said...

OMG Pat, there you go again...Everything is just perfect with this card. I love your paper and your granddaughter is one special little girl...You just have so much talent for this and I love everything you do. joann Sassy Raggedy

Cathy said...

OMG, how cute is this and you did so good to refrain from embossing LOL. I am sooo proud of you. The shaker with those tiny buttons is adorable. Love the pink tub and Lulu is too cute. Your coloring is always gorgemous and your embellishments perfect inside and out. Love everything about it. Hugs, GF!!!

June Nelson said...

This is brilliant love it and I love your use of buttons xxxxx

Candy said...

Awwww . . . . Cute Cute cute!
Love it Pat :o)
Hugs, Candy

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Sorry Pat, I agree with Cheryl! You just wanted to emboss so bad because it was a no-no!! lol
Your card is adorable! Love all those polka dots and circles! I know Sophie will looove it.
I pulled out my Stampin' Up shaker circles last weekend to play with...great minds!! ~jeni :)

Ann English said...

Got to get me those stamps! Love this, Pat!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Gorgeous shaker, Pat! Fab colours and perfect layout. Hugs, Lesley

Iulia said...

Hi darlin'! It's definitely great to be retired! I had to go two pages back to see what you created since I last visited:) The truth is I didn't find time for blogging lately. I barely can make the DT cards:(.
Anyways it's always great to come and visit here:)
This one is truly delicious and creative. What a waste of buttons...lol. But they look amazing! Very cute image too!
Hugs, Iulia