Thursday, February 9, 2012

Care for a cup o' tea?

Looking for my new Mo Manning card...
and/or my new Sugar Bowl card? 
Please scroll on down!

Hmmm. . . tea? Or perhaps a cup o' coffee? Well, whichever you choose, I could probably hook ya up! I may not be a great cook, but I sure can make a mean cup of coffee! hehe! Hang in there, kiddos . . . there really IS a point to this line of bantering!! But first, before we get to that, I have some exciting news to share with you! 7 Kids College Fund is going to be debuting a brand new store blog . . . check it out HERE!!

Now . . . I have a fun new card to share with all y'all . . .


I decided that it had been far too long since I'd made a "shabby chic" style card . . . so that's just what I did. Look closely, can you see that I've grunged up the edges with Tim Holtz Painted Fence Crackle Paint? Yep, it's true! I distressed the edges big time and then added Crackle Paint! This image is called "Tea Time" (NOW do you see the connection with the "cup o' tea/coffee" babble? hehehe!) created by Elizabeth Bell for Belles & Whistles.


Here you can get a better look at the Melissa Frances Mini Bag & Tag . . . I am delighted to have found these at 7 Kids. They're such fun to use . . . and so versatile! I crackle-painted the bag too! hehe!


Here's a peek at the tag. The sentiment is from Magnolia and you can find it HERE. The grey ribbon is from Stampin' Up . . .  and the white ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl. Here's a side view . . .


And a peek at the inside . . .  this sentiment is from Just-Rite Stamps . . .



And one last, "artsy" view for good measure . . .


And that's it for me, my darlins!! Thank you so much for stopping by . . . and for your sweet comments! They make my day! Hugs...until next time . . . .

28 comments:

Vicky said...

Simply stunning hun...and I so love the colours too...

big hugs Vicky xx

ChristinM said...

OOhh.. your cards are just wooonderful.. Thank you for the comment on my blog, and saving you blog, for lots of inspiration...

Little K Smith said...

This is beautiful Pat, the colours are gorgeous and I adore the image :)
Kelly.x

Carol said...

Absolutely stunning as always Pat!! Luv the shabby chic look. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Just read your blog and saw all 3 of your magnificent cards!!!!!!
Wow and wow again.
Your work on all of them is awesome.
Love all your designs and decorations.
You're rock'in it girl :o)
Hugs, Candy

Christina C. said...

What a magnificent creation...totally stunning!!!! Adore this sweet image and, of course, your coloring is superb.
Fabulous design and details!

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is simply stunning your detail is just fantastic hugs Cherylx

Susan.... said...

Exquisite Pat ! The image is adorable and the LO of the card is stunning ! great job!
Oh, bye the way ..l will have a cup of tea please, and don't forget the scones, jam and cream lol You know us english are sticklers for tradition...lol
Hugs
Susan x

catherine said...

Pat this is such a beautiful card and love all the things you have done to it. The colours are so beautiful
x catherine

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat, Stunning card , beautiful image.
Hugs Cheryl

Debbie said...

Love the Shabby Chic card and the bag and tag are just stunning..will have to remember that for future use..Keep them coming my sweet friend, love the inspiration.

Hugs
Debbie

Danielle said...

thank you Pat, I would love a cup of tea... wouldn't we have a lot to talk about... the tea would be cold, as in my dream LOL.
Your card is adorable. I love this totally feminine style. lace flower wonderful bow,delicate colors gorgeous corners, and totally adorable image and coloring.
Stunning. Hugs.

Mau xx said...

What a sweet image Pat and love your Grunging and all the detail you added, its beautiful xx
Wish I could afford to come for coffee :(

Grenouille Greetings said...

Toooooo lovely! Fabulous use of the paint! Hugs, Lesley

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Pat! I love everything - the papers, embellies and of course, the adorable image which you've colored so beautifully!

Tammy Ortiz said...

Wow Wow Wow,
this is amazing....

I do not have enough words, I love the inside, outside and the whole thing..

hugs Tammy

http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

Dorcas said...

Its gorgeous Pat! I saw it over on 7 kids yesterday and knew immediately it was a "Pat" card! I have a shabby chic card coming up in the next month and I have to say it scared the eeeby jeebies out of me, a HUGE step outside my comfort zone! But for you, Pat you rock this style and should do it more often!

Renkata said...

Such a stunning card Pat. Love the shabby look.

Debora said...

She's so fun and shabby! So much great detail in this card!

Regina said...

Pat!!! You are absolutely amazing, all your work is just to beautiful for words. Thanks for sharing!
Have a marvellous weekend!!
Regina

Barb Hardeman said...

Totally gorgeous, Pat! Beautiful finishing touches and beautifully colored. I'd love to sit down for a cup of coffee one day...maybe that could be in the future!
Hugs...Barb <><

Yone said...

Hi, Pat ! Your blog is great ! I'm now your follower ! Hugs, Yone

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty card Pat! Gorgeous coloring and embellishments arrangement you put on this creation :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

cathylynn said...

Hello Pat, This card is phenomenal! I love shabby chic and you nailed this one. Your coloring is outstanding. Love the distressing too. That image is so darn cute. I'd love to share coffee with you too! Maybe something with espresso!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

shabbypink said...

LOVE this shabby look. I'm wondering if I can get the same look with white gesso?
You've inspired me!

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is gorgeous love the image, hugs ♥ Pops x

Iulia said...

Oh, this is fantastic my friend!!! It's not like your usual style but I love the shabby look!!! That reminds me I always say I should use more whites on my cards, this looks so elegant and cleverly done! Plus beautiful and elegant! And definitely Elizabeth Bell's stamps make gorgeous cards! Fantastic coloring and colors too! Just love this!

Ann Marie Governale said...

Hi Pat-
Just want to let you know that this card motivated me to try "shabby chic" and I just posted my card on my blog as a result of your inspiration. I have a lot to learn AND a lot to clean up after doing this one but it was great fun. Thanks for your inspiration!!!