Thursday, February 23, 2012

Un-FROG-ettable at the Sugar Bowl . . .

Hey there my lovelies! So . . . do you know what day it is? Well, besides being Thursday, it's Sugar Bowl Challenge Thursday!! And our very clever Maria Therese has given us this fabulous sketch to follow . . . .


And, our theme for this fortnight's challenge is to use . . . wait for it . . . 

KRAFT PAPER!

Now, some of my dear friends do an incredible job coloring on kraft paper . . . not me, tho! hehehe! So, I decided I'd just use kraft paper in other ways . . . what'cha think?


I chose this adorable little Sugar Nellie stamp called "Pippi Longsocks." (I think I used her a few weeks ago too . . . she and her little frog friend just seemed perfect for my papers!) Pippi is from the Fairy Glen Collection of Home Grown stamps, and you can find her HERE at Funky Kits! I added a fun Melissa Frances "tag and bag" with a "hidden" sentiment . . . .


Here's a bit of a side view . . . .


My card "recipe" . . . 
Cardstock: Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up) & DCWV Neutral Collection
Kraft DPs: DCWV "Playtime" Stack
Clock Die: Tim Holtz
Hinge clip: Tim Holtz
Flower die: Magnolia Doohickey
"Giggle" sentiment: (SU)
Inside sentiment: Stampabilities
Frog stamp: Inkadinkado
Lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
Copics & prismacolor pencils

Here's a peek at the inside...


Ya gotta love all those frog eyes staring back at'cha, huh?! LOL! And, back by popular demand . . . the "artsy" view . . .


Alrighty then, it's time to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl and take a peek at all the gorgeous "Kraft Paper" creations by my fellow DT Sweeties. Then, come join us for this fortnight's challenge! One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a fabulous prize from Sugar Nellie. Once again, our prize for this Sugar Bowl Challenge is . . . . 

. . . . your choice of FOUR Sugar Nellie stamps
(increasing to SIX if we have 100+ entries!) . . . .

Remember. . . you can't win if you don't play!!

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. I hope you enjoyed my little card! And, as always, thank you for your kind comments! Hugs . . . until next time . . . .

15 comments:

Christina C. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS....your coloring is phenomenal!!!!!

Boxofcolours said...

Oh those little frogs are simply adorable!! I have a garden full of the little guys as my garden backs on to the local river!! I've gotten quite used to them jumping out at me whilst gardening!

Beautiful card as alway dear Pat.
Hugs
Jane

Fiona said...

wow Pat...fab card...love the layout and Pippi is too cute!!

Fi
x

Martinas Welt said...

Again such a gorgeous card Pat! I love the image and I really should ink her now!!...and your colouring is just fantastic! I LOVE frogs, too...you should come to my house! They sit outside in the garden and inside in my living-room...hee, hee =)So this is a perfect card for me! =)
Martina

~ Ali ~ said...

Simply stunning!! love love love it...still laughing at Elaine Peas comment roflol

Mwah

Ali x

Tracy said...

Woman! Do you know how much money I would be spending if I bought every image that you make look good! LOL This card is amazing and those bright colors just reach out and grab you. Love it!

Elaine said...

You certainly are unfrogettable Pat!

THE perfect card :)
I love Pippi..but I'm sure you know that by now, and I love all those peas on the papers..yep, they are definitely peas and not frogs!

Hugs
Elaine xxxx

Cheryl said...

Oh wow Pat she is gorgeous , love you colouring , so beautiful.
Hugs Cheryl

Erika said...

Stunning card again Pat I love it all, great colour combo, fab layering and colouring. Drool, drool! Maybe I should get this stamp after all but don't tell Elaine I said that, LOL.
Crafty hugs Erika.

Candy said...

FANTASTIC card, Pat!
Such fun, I haven't inked my image up as yet. Love all the layers. GREAT colours and beautiful paper.
Hugs, Candy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Kraft frightens me. You have used it to great effect and teamed it up with perfect colours. Love this image (beautifully coloured of course) and all the frogs! Hugs, Lesley

Ivonne said...

Hi Pat! This is lovely. Love the colors and your colouring. Hugs, Ivonne

Cathy said...

Sorry I am a bit late in visiting Pat ... but I love your card. Fab colours with the kraft and great colouring of Pippi.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Joann Burton said...

OMG Pat, I just saw this card at the Super Bowl Challenge. I am out of my mind with what a great job you did. This has to be one of my all time favs...Beautiful coloring, everything is just wonderful with this card. I tell ya, you are soooo good, I am just amazed. I keep going back and looking at it at the blog. No words can describe how great this card is. joann Sassy Raggedy

Iulia said...

These images are truly adorable. You have the perfect style for them. Love the sentiment in the inside, so meaningful!