Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Be my "polka-dot" Valentine!

Hey there, all you sassy friends o' mine! Did you have such fun with last week's 100th Challenge Celebration at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog? I can't wait to see who won all of the prizes. I, of course, just HAD to pop on over to Kraftin' Kimmie's and pick up that adorable "Lovely Lulu" set HERE!! Soooo cute!! (Or as our adorable granddaughter, Sophie, used to say when she was a toddler, "so tute"! hehe!)


My sweet and talented friend and fellow DT "Sassette," Ann, is our hostess for this week's Sassy Cheryl's Challenge, and she's chosen a very timely theme . . . 

Be My Valentine!

Perfect, huh . . . especially since Valentine's Day is in just a few short days!! So, here's my slightly atypical Valentine Card!


Yep . . . aqua and brown! Yummy, huh? I thought I'd make something a wee bit different from the typical red and pink! And these are just scrumptious colors together, don'tcha think? Plus, it could be used for an "anytime" card as well as a Valentine!

Allow me to introduce you to Sassy Cheryl's "Polly and her Bear, Buster." Seriously, isn't her hair too funny? Those pigtails perfectly offset her wonky smile. (I love that word . . .  wonky. It's so versatile! hehehe!) You can find Polly HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis!! Here's another view...


I decided to make a little easel card with some fun "Frilly Square" dies #3 from Go Kreate. (By the way, all those polka dots are just for my friend Sassy Cheryl . . . she loves polka dots! hehehe!) Here's a peek from the back, sort of . . .


My card "recipe". . . 
Cardstock: Pool Party & Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Webster's Pages (I think)
Sentiment: (Stampin' Up)
Dies: (Go Create, Marianne's Creatables, & Spellbinders)
Dotted Swiss embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Faux pearls (my stash)
Ribbon (Stampin' Up)
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Glossy accents (to add shine to Polly's shoes)
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

Another side view . . .


And, of course, your favorite . . .  the ever popular "artsy" view . . . 


Now then, it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Ann and the rest of  my fellow DT Sassettes have created for this week's challenge! Then, we'd love for you to join us for this week's challenge? Just remember to follow Ann's "Be my Valentine" theme!!

Oh, and...just like always,
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges...
Frosted Designs "Fab. Fri. Challenge" - Ribbon and/or twine
Crafty Calendar - Love & Marriage
Wild Orchid Challenge - Week 42 "Love is"

Oh . . . one last thing . . . 
I've just listed this card for sale 
in my ETSY Store HERE!

Thanks so much for stopping by and for always leaving such kind comments!! Hugs . . . until next time!

25 comments:

Tammy Ortiz said...

Oh the aqua and brown is so wonderful!
I love the polka dots!
I hope you have a great day!
Hugs Tammy
http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

I love this easel card, and the colors of aqua and brown for your Valentine Day or "anytime Card are gorgeous!!!! All the detail you added with the brown pearls is amazing love how it added so umch to this already "tute" card.

Hugs
Debbie

Dawn said...

cute,cute,cute! love the colors and yes, those wonky pigtails! this is just toooo FUN with all those POLKA DOTS!!!! love it!

Dorcas said...

Wow Pat this is really amazing, love the unique shape easel, beautiful!

catherine said...

This is such a gorgeous card Pat and I love the colours. They are stunning
x catherine

Christina C. said...

How creative is that!!! I love your shaped easel card....very impressive!
Such a cute image as well, colored magnificently!

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Pat! The colors, dp and design are fabulous.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

First of all...love your new blog look! Too cute.
Next, I think your aqua and brown Valentine is gorgeous!! Nice break from the traditional red & pink. Great easel card, love the shape. ~jeni :)

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat your card is very tute. Love the colors and easel. Your coloring is great as usual.

Barb Hardeman said...

Such an adorable card Pat, and when I see that quirky smile and the hair the first thing I thought of was Alfalfa from the Our Gang Comedy series. But then you're not old enough to remember that show now are you????
Love the blue and brown together and your shape is delicious. Love the way you've finished off the back of your Easel too! Very pretty...hugs...Barb <><

Molecraft said...

What a fab easel card, love the colours and shape Pat!
Helen x

jkreucher said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! Look at this fantastic easel creation! WOW!
I love making easel cards out of different shapes.. you have outdone yourself today Pat! I might have to study this a bit and see what I can come up with...
you are an inspiration girl!
love every amazing detail!
hugs
Judy

Joann Burton said...

OMG, I love it...I also love polka dots and this is wonderful. I am going to have to learn how to do those easel cards they are so nice. Of course I will be playing along and great job Pat...joann
Sassy Raggedy

Ivonne said...

Hi Pat. Beautiful card, I love the color combo and I LOVE the image!! Hugs, Ivonne

Mau xx said...

Hi Pat, Love the easel!! and the shape makes it so pretty. Love the image she is so cute. The Polka dots are superb, I just love Spots and colours are fab xx
Hugs Mau xx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Love the aqua and brown! Simply stunning and of course you know I just ADORE the polka-dots! Love it!

Ashley Horton said...

Such an adorable card!! I love the colors!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!! :)

Tammy said...

This is ADORABLE Pat! I LOVE the this color combo and your fabulous design!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy :)

debbiebakk said...

This is truly an amzing card you did love the colors and the ribbon bow is perfect for the challenge over at Frosted Designs this week

fairysparkle said...

Love those colours together and what a stunning card .well done hunny bunny gorgeous as always x

Joni Parker said...

Wow..love this easel card. I like to make them too, and I see a few inspiring things here that I need to try... !! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!!

Iulia said...

Oh, how sweet and funny this is! Love the shape of this card and this image would melt anyone's heart! How beautiful and inspiring!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness this is absolutely adorable! LOVE that shaped easel card it's so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at WOCC!
Hugs~ Kim

loriete said...

I absolutely adore your card! It is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it at WOC!

Hugs,
Loreta

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is very pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this time, hugs pops x