Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just "chicken" in...

Hello there, kiddos. Just a quick post for me today . . . alright, I know, I know . . . my posts are NEVER quick! hehehe!! Well . . . I do have a cute and kinda clever little card to share with you today . . .


I have no idea what this card style is called . . . but I really like it! And it was such fun to make!! This card features "Country Girl" by Sarah Kay for Stampavie. . .


She's so cute . . .  and was such fun to color! I've been just itching to make a card with her and these gorgeous DPs (by Stampin' Up). Cardstock is Blushing Bride, also by Stampin' Up. Those scrumptious roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts!! OK . . . are ya ready for something fun? Wait for it . . .


How cool is this? There's an antique-looking brad holding everything together at the top . . . and each layer swivels! The middle layer has a fun sentiment (from my stash) and an image of a chicken (SU).


Here's the rest of my card "recipe" . . . 
You can find all of these items at 7 Kids College Fund
And one last, "artsy" view just for fun . . .


And that's it for me, my sweet friends!! Thank you so much for visiting . . . and, as always, extra special thanks for your kind comments! They make me smile all over my face! Hugs...until next time . . . .

16 comments:

Ivonne said...

Wow! Your card is just stunning! So beautiful! Hugs, Ivonne

Debbie said...

Skype did this no justice!!! OMG I love this, it is GORGEOUS, love those layers, and that Chicken sentiment is perfect, as is that chicken wire paper.

Great job!!! See you later gater
Hugs
Debbie

Christina C. said...

WOW....love this gorgeous card style! Adorable image, colored magnificently!

Mau xx said...

Morning Pat xx
This is Superb!!! Love the design.. must have a try at this:)
Isn't SK just adorable, have promised myself some more very soon as I only have 2 :((
Love your nice spring colours too.
Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments, it really does boose my moral. You are a special lady xx Hugs xx

Tammy Ortiz said...

Oh pat this is amazing!
I love the deign.

Hugs Tammy

http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

Boxofcolours said...

Holy moley Pat this is absolutely fabulous!
Hugs
Jane

DEEEEEEEEEE said...

What a unique card - it's crazy cool the way it's designed.....hmmmm...I'll have to think up one I need so you can make one for me....hee hee hee

Barb Hardeman said...

Debbie is right, Skype did NOT do this card justice! This is amazing with all your fabulous layers and the gorgeous coloring...simply divine! Hugs...Barb <><

Gina L said...

I love swivel cards but haven't made one in a while. They're so visually interesting! Love your papers and soft colors. This is just a pretty and cool card!

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Pat...

big hugs Vicky xx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

OMG Pat, this is stunning!! I haven't made one of these twisty cards in such a long time. I love the shape and of course the Sarah Kay image is too freakin' cute but your coloring is like "wow". You rock ~jeni :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a splendidly fun swivel card! Stunning colouring, Pat. I love your chicken wire and sentiment with this pure country image! Hugs, Lesley

catherine said...

This is fantastic Pat and the colours are great
x catherine

Danielle said...

Telescopic card! it is called according to splitcoaststamper LOL. I fell in love with this style, Pat. just awesome. I love all your layerings, and it offers so much possibilities.
gorgeous image, and wonderful coloring.
Hugs.

Molecraft said...

A gorgeous creation Pat, love it!
Helen x

Iulia said...

Oh, this is so cleverly done sweetie! And I bet it was such a fun to make. I've always loved Sarah Kay's cuties; I wonder why I never get to make cards with so many beautiful images:( It's adorable Pat darlin'