Thursday, May 3, 2012

A "Fairy" Sweet Card for Ava!


Happy Thursday . . . and welcome, once again, to my little corner of the world! Before I show you my card for this week, I just want to take a few moments to thank you for your kind words and "get well" wishes. This goofy cold I thought I had actually turned into something more than a cold . . . Pertussis (a.k.a. "whooping cough), Influenza, Pneumonia (which I probably caught from Paola in South Africa! hehehe!) . . . or some crazy-weird exotic respiratory something or other that I picked up in Las Vegas! I don't know, of course, because I avoid doctors like the plague! LOL! Seriously, who needs doctors when we have the internet! hehehe!

Well, anyway, it looks like I'm on the mend . . . and, after more than a week, I finally spent a little time in my craftroom . . . just in time for this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And since this is the first challenge of the month, our theme is . . .

Anything Goes!

With an option to use one of Iulia's fabulous sketches (which I sort of followed) . . .



Here's my little creation . . . 


This little darlin' is from Mo Manning's new "Baby Fairies" collection! You can find her HERE in Mo's online store. This card is actually for our sweet granddaughter, Ava, who is being baptized this coming weekend. We'll tuck a Barnes & Noble giftcard inside . . . since Ava LOVES books!!  Here's sort of a side view . . .


My card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Cryogen White  Paper
Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, & Close to Cocoa Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "London Market" by Pink Paislee
Lacy square die: Nestabilities
Lace & flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Birdcage die: Memory Box
Butterfly border: Tim Holtz
Ribbon and pearls: my stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

And, of course, one last "artsy" shot . . .


So, that's what I've been up to lately! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the stunning projects created my talented DT sistahs! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for your kind comments! Until next time . . . hugs!

19 comments:

catherine said...

This is such a fantastic card Pat and love the way you have put it all together. The colours are beautiful. Hope you feel better soon.
x catherine

Mau xx said...

Glad you are feeling alittle better Pat, I hate Docs too..only trouble is the net didn't tell me how to do my own By-pass op, so I got stuck on that one...rofl
Keep warm and take care sweetie, hope you are 100% very soon xxxxx
Love the creation, what a little cutie she is..tut! I haven't got this one ...yet :)
Love all your beautiful detailxx
Hugs Mau XX

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Pat! Boy your coloring is more than phenomenal! Your design on this card is fabulous an the papers and post card really add so much interest! Absolutely stunning my dear...hugs...Barb <><

ps - so glad that you're feeling a little better...I was getting worried!

Hugs again...Barb <><

Carla S. said...

Your card is absolutely stunning, Pat! Gorgeous combination of papers and embellies! Exceptional coloring of Mo's cutie fairy, too! Glad you are starting to feel better! Hope you are good as new in no time!

Dorcas said...

Oh how cute Pat! I love the birdcage/shabby chic details and your coloring is awesome! Her hair is so touchable flyaway, brilliant!

Tammy said...

I have to echo what Barb said, your cards are simply stunning, you pack them with so much detail. I absolutely adore this one and I'm sure Ava and her mum and dad will adore it too.

Thank you for your visit and lovely comments on my blog. I can assure, my image wasn't the only thing that was a little more colourful than I anticipated - the air turned a lovely shade of blue when I discovered Jack's handiwork.
Glad your feeling better. xx

fairysparkle said...

Pat this is beautiful its soooo cute i love and adore cherubs .Love everything you put on your cards and your composition is amazing sweetie .
sorry you have been poorly gentle hugs xxx

Wendy - AKA Mrs. B said...

Well,my Dear Pat - you've done it yet again!!! Spectacular card in EVERY way!!! wendy xx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Don't you just love Web MD???
Hope you are feeling much better soon. Big (((hugs))) from the ocean.
This card is over the top gorgeous Pat!!! I just love all the elements you used and your coloring is fabulous!!! Looks you put a softening filter on it. Ugh, I'm jelly, as my daughter says... (that means jealous) Lol
~jeni :)

Candy said...

Pat,
I am sorry to hear you are so ill :o( Hope you are correct that you are on the mend now.
What a BEAUTIFUL card!!!
Your colouring is super amazing and I love your design. This will be kept by your granddaughter for sure :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Ann Marie Governale said...

I thought I missed seeing your posts and then came to visit... so sorry you are feeling so sick. Best wishes for a speeeeeeeedy recovery! Your card is beautiful-love how you master the no lines technique! xxx Ann Marie

Sassy Raggedy said...

Pat, so glad you are on the mend. I knew it was your card as soon as I saw it. Coloring is beautiful. Take care my friend. Sassy Raggedy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh she is fairy, fairy sweet, Pat! Love your postcard and bird cage embellishments. I have 2 postcard stamps and never use them. I simply must...
Hugs, Lesley

Danielle said...

Hello dear Pat! I love your card, such a cute image. those pastel colors are wonderful, and the DPs are very beautiful Althogether, it gives a very awesome card.

Hugs.

Debbie said...

Excuse Ms. Nursie poo... You of all people should know better than to avoid Dr's...hope you are feeling better... As for your card, love these new faries, can't wait to color mine up,they are so dang cute... Love all your extra touches. So sweet.

Hugs
Debbie

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Hi Pat - What fantastic cards you make, they are georgeous. I have now become a follower of your blog

Caz

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous card Pat and every blessing to your grand daughter - but please be more careful with your health! I hope you will soon be as fit as a fiddle, Mary G x

Elaine L. said...

This is just so pretty, Pat! The colors are wonderful, and you've put all the layers and elements together perfectly!

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful card, Pat, great details and colouring!

I'm so glad you're better! tell me everything about being so sick, I can't believe that I'm still not on the mend, I hope every evening when I go to bed to feel better the next morning! I feel only a little bit better! my eyes still hurt, I can't look to the left or to the right, or up and down! Awful! and I know what you mean with seeing a doctor, I feel the same!

Hugs, Alina