Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's FAUX stitching for me this week!


Hey kids! I'm baaa-ack! Let me tell ya, that nasty bug I had lasted TWO full weeks! But, guess what? I am FINALLY back to my spunky and sassy ol' self! Wheeeee! Didja miss me?! hehe! So . . . let's get right down to business, shall we?! I'm crazy excited because it's Tuesday . . . and that means it's time for another fun-tastic challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our sweet and sassy Miz Judy is hostess this week . . . and here's what she's chosen for our challenge theme . . .   

Stitching - Real or Faux!

Ahem . . . did I forget to mention that I still haven't unpacked my little sewing machine?! Hey . . . work with me here! That box is protecting it from dangerous dust particles!! (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! bwahahaha!!) Alas, I digress . . . . For obvious reasons, I've chosen the FAKE, er, I mean "faux" option. Say, just a quick sidebar here . . . didja know that "faux" is the French word for FAKE? True! You didn't know I spoke French, right?! I am just full of surprises! Sewing, unfortunately, just doesn't seem to be one of them! hehehe!

Now . . . are ya ready to see some real "faux" stitching? Well, wait no longer, my lovelies! (Note: You'll have to look closely . . . 'cuz the white "stitching" is sort of swallowed up by the white polka dots . . . oh, and there's a cool faux zig-zag "stitch" running through the ribbon! It's a regular faux fantasy, I tell ya!!)


This card features one of Sassy Cheryl 's newest images called "Sweet Little Avery"! Isn't she soooooo stinkin' cute? You can find this little sweetheart HERE at Sassy Cheryl's online store. Seriously, that Sassy Cheryl has been a busy little ladybug lately . . . wait 'til you see all of her new digi images . . . each one cuter than the last! Here's a bit of a side view . . . a "faux" side view, if you will!


My card "recipe" . . .
Whisper White Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Spring Fling" collection from Teresa Collins
Plain and Scalloped Rectangle dies: Spellbinders
Corner die: Whimsy
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley
Ribbon (notice the faux zig-zag stitch?), button, & clothespin: My stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

And, ta daaaaa . . . the artsy fartsy view . . .


Now it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Judy and the rest of  my clever DT "Sassettes" have created for inspiration! Then, please come join us for this week's challenge! Just remember to follow Judy's "Stitching - Real or Faux" theme! Oh . . . and don't forget . . . there's no shame in "faux" stitching, girls . . . so pull out your faux sewing machine and get faux stitching! Oh . . . and one more really important thing to not forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Remember . . .
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, always, for your sweet comments!! Big hugsssssssss!!


29 comments:

Alyce said...

Pat this is just gorgeous! I love the image and the beautiful colouring. Great papers too :)

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful Pat - great colours and i love her expression! Jo x

paola said...

Loved the image on skype and now i love the card even more here, stunning!
smiles
Paola

Dena said...

That's it!!! Today I download some of these cuties because of YOU!haha! Everytime I see your cards, I just siiiiigggghhhhh! So stinkin darlin! Wowie to color like that!!! Love it Pat, wonderful work again!
Hugs, Dena

Boxofcolours said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and your mojo is obviously flowing again by the look of this stunner!
Hugs
Jane

Dawn said...

so glad you're feeling better!!!
hey, faux works! too cute, Pat! love the colors too

Sassy Cheryl said...

Ahem. . . .I missed ya. . . .but I don't think you lost your sassiness while you were sick. Maybe just 'toned' down a little. LMBO!
This is stunning Pat. Avery is beautiful and I adore the papers. Super gorgeous.

amanda stokes said...

Hi Pat,
Gorgeous card,she sure is a sweetie!love the papers too :) x

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the stitching....

jkreucher said...

your are so funny miss Pat! I think your in love with the word (faux) tee hee!
you and dawn with your circle sentiments~ you make me want to go shopping and take computer lessons for circle words:):)
your coloring is amazing and i am lovin the classic dots with red and white.
little Avery is colored to perfection my friend!
sweet as can be card!
Oh still looking and find that I had missed that teeeeny tiny cloths pin.. how to cute is that!
hugs to ya
Judy

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love the image and colours, and your colouring is beautiful.
Lorraine x

catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card Pat and love the colours. fab image
x catherine

Leah Ann Gast said...

Love this sweet card. Love this image and the red and white is beautiful! Hugs! Leah Ann

Vicky said...

Fabulous Pat...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Pat, love the cute image with her lopped sided smile...fab colouring and papers.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mau xx said...

This is the sweetest image Pat, I love the look on her face.I really am spent up,I think we need to eat this week....lol but I will having a peek at these in the near future.
Love your yummy papers and ribbon/button detail xx
It must have taken quite some skill to do that zig zag stitch :O!!! lol
Huge Hugs Mau XX

Dorcas said...

Pat you are just the master of copic hair coloring! This is just too adorable!!

Candy said...

Cute image Pat.
Beautiful card!!
Big hugs, Candy

June Nelson said...

Wow Pat this is stunning, I love your work, she is such a cutie too huggies June xxx

Kelly Neis said...

Your card is so cheery and cute as ever. I really love how you color your images, perfectly.

Tracy said...

She is so darned cute Pat! The mostly red background really makes her pop. Sweet! Hugs!

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Pat. This is beautiful!!! I LOVE THE COLORS you have used!!
I am glad that you are back to feeling yourself dear.
big hugs, Janiel

Joann Burton said...

Hi Pat, what a wonderful card. I love the "fake" oh I mean "faux" stitching. I love little Avery she is just too cute. Great card my friend. Sassy Raggedy

Molecraft said...

Totally gorgeous Pat, I am with you on the faux stitching I can't do the real thing either and my sewing machine is out the box, LOL!
Helen x

JACKIE M said...

Pat I LOVE your card,the papers are beautiful and I also LOVE red and white polka dots, perfect in every way :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

Pleased you are feeling better, Pat. A little bit of crafting always helps to heal us don't you think? And what a lovely make it is! Hugs, Lesley

Cathy said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better hon, now I can make fun of you for not getting out your machine and trying your hand at sewing....I am going to have to make you take a flight that stops over in Omaha the next time you go to Arizona or Las Vegas for some sewing lessons. Your card is gorgeous as always. Love your colors and embellishments and your "faux" stitching. Sew glad you are feeling better :)

Joey said...

Fantastic card Pat, beautiful colourwork, you can never go wrong with red and white spotty paper! love it. Joey xx

Iulia said...

Mon Dieu, non, je ne savais pas que tu parlais fran├žais!!! Moi, je le parle avec mon fils:).
glad to hear your sewing machine is well ad unharmed:)) Your card is delightful, that image is too cute!