Thursday, May 24, 2012

World Travelin' at Mo's

Whoohoo! It's Thursday . . . and it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! My sweet and talented DT sister, Elaine, is our hostess this week . . . and she's chosen the coolest theme . . . especially as we head into the summer (at least in my part of the world) and are busy planning summer vacations!! Our theme this week is . . .

"World Traveler"

See? I told you it was gonna be a fun one!! Elaine always comes up with the best themes, doesn't she?! And here's what I came up with . . . hope you enjoy . . .


This sweet Mo Manning image is called "Fan's Cricket" . . . and you can find her HERE in Mo's online store. I have to tell ya, this is my very first attempt at Asian skin tones. I used quite the conglomeration of Copics and pencils (Prismacolor, Faber-Castell, & Caran d'Ache) for this image!! I think I did a pretty reasonable job with Fan's skin and with her outfit (which I tried to match to the seam binding) . . . I decided to have the light source coming from the left front angle . . . so her face and body are a bit more shaded on her left side (my right as I'm looking at her). Here's a sort of side view . . .


My card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Cryogen White  Paper
Espresson & River Rock Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Gossamer" by Memory Box
Birdcage die: Memory Box
Nestabilities: Spellbinders
Butterfly punch: Martha Stewart
Flowers, lace, & metal filagree corner: Wild Orchid Crafts
Seam binding: The Ribbon Girl
Inside sentiment, pearls, brad, & feather: My stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

A peek at the inside . . . which I kept very simple . . . 


And one more view . . .


Now, you'll definitely want to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the stunning projects created my talented DT sistahs! They're "out of this world" . . . literally! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

I've decided to enter this cutie into the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts #50 - Anything Goes
Sketch Saturday #208 - I rotated the sketch a bit
Craft Your Days Away #45 - All creatures great & small (mine's a cricket)

Thanks so very much for stopping by . . . and for your kind comments! Until next time . . . Mwahh!!



22 comments:

Christina C. said...

This is GORGEOUS, Pat, inside and out! Such stunning design work and the image couldn't be any cuter, colored to perfection!!!!

Mau xx said...

Happy Thursday my crazy friend xxx
Thanks for calling, always love you to stop by, trouble is the neighbours think i am mad when they hear me laughing and calling the PC a nutcase.....lol
I just love your creation, your colouring is wonderful and first attempt too :) Love your papers and detail..well as you said it girl...its Gorgeosity....lolol What an amazing word, I love it xx
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Mau xx said...

forgot to add I love your new blog :)
I think maybe the
"one of a Kind creations by" should maybe have your mums name added instead of yours...lol
She certainly created One of a kind :)
hugs xxxxxx

Boxofcolours said...

Yet another Pat-tastic creation!!
Hugs
Jane

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Pat! I love the colors and the sweet Mo's image! As always, your coloring and design details are perfect!

Debbie said...

This happens to be one of my favorite images, I love her and some day hope to visit the orient. Your coloring and attention to detail as always is just GORGEOUS my southern belle. Those were the perfect choice of papers as well.

Hugs Sugar
Debbie

Dorcas said...

This is so pretty Pat! I think you did spot on with her skin tone too,not an easy one! fabulous!

Vicky said...

Beautiful hunni...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

A stunning card Pat. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

Donna x

catherine said...

So beautiful Pat and just love how you finished the inside.
x catherine

Candy said...

Oh Pat,
How gorgeous!! I think your skin tones are great!! Love how you have included the
birdcage die and feather; so subtle so great.
Your colouring is awesome. The inside of your card is perfect to go with Mo's Image. I love it :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Tracy said...

Wowzers Pat! You nailed that image in every way. Your coloring is outstanding and I just love the pop of black with the soft greens and pinks. Perfect little Asian flare. :-) Huggies Sistah!

Alyce said...

Pat this is just beyond stunning! I absolutely love the image and your colouring is just out of this world! Gorgeous papers and details as always too :)

Ivonne said...

Wow! So gorgoeus and delicate. The image is so sweet and the coloring amazing. Love the papers, the flowers and all the embellishments. It is simply gorgeous! Hugs, Ivonne

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a beautiful card! The image is one of my favorites and first purchases from Mo! Your coloring is lovely and I love the layout! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

julieprice3 said...

What a sweet image, I just love the papers, very pretty card
hugs julie P

Iulia said...

"Reasonable job" you say? You did a FANTASTIC job coloring her skinn and everythig. This is a really wonderful card, beautifully matched papers and inside finishing too!

Alina said...

very beautiful card, Pat, lovely colour combination and the image in my ''top 10 favourite Mo images''!
hugs, Alina

tiggertastic said...

wow wee this card is something else. god !! it is stunning

This week at Sketch Saturday we have a Blog Hop and i have some lovely goodies on My Blog

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful creation sweetie, looks fabulous, thank you for joining us at WOC this time ♥ Pops x

Michelle said...

Pat - What a beautiful card. I think you did a great job on her skin one. That can be one of the hardest things, huh? Such a lovely card. My daughter has loved this image of Fan for a long time. I'll have to show her your card.
Blessings,
Michelle

Sheila said...

Another beauty my dear & can I just say how fantabulous your new craft haven is!!! Going to have to keep up my weight loss journey so I can come & play in it with you :D.
Hugs from over the pond GF.
Sheila xxx