Thursday, May 31, 2012

Laundry Day...


Looking for my newest Sugar Bowl card?
Please scroll down . . . just a teensy bit!

Alrighty then . . . here we are again . . . thank you so much for stopping by! It's Thursday, and you know what happens on Thursday, right? Of course! It's time for another fabulous challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Once again, the lovely and very talented Elaine is our hostess this week . . . and she's chosen another fun theme! Elaine would like to see projects that are . . .

"Weather Related"

So . . . here's what I came up with . . . 


This sweet Mo Manning image is called "Mummu's Laundry" . . . and you can find it HERE in Mo's online store. I have to say, this image so reminds me of when I was a kid, helping my mom and gramma with laundry. They both had "Wringer" washing machines . . . aacckk! (They WERE kinda fun, though!) And no dryer, of course . . . just the sun and fresh air! I tell ya, there is no better smell than fresh sheets straight from the clothesline! Here's a sort of side view . . .


My card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Cryogen White  Paper
Sage Shadow & Blush Blossom cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Follow your heart" by My Mind's Eye
Nestabilities: Spellbinders
Corner die: Whimsy
Flowers, lace, & pearls: My stash
Sage shado gros grain ribbon: Stampin' Up
Sentiment (front): High Hopes
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

A peek at the inside . . .


And last, but not least . . .


I hope you enjoyed my "take" on this week's challenge!! Now, you'll definitely want to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the stunning projects created my talented DT sistahs! They're "out of this world" . . . literally! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so very much for stopping by . . . and for your kind comments! Until next time . . . Hugs!

29 comments:

Catherine said...

Stunning card, love those papers and the pretty flower...

Crafty Chris said...

wow stunning Pat luv your choice of colour
Chris x

Christina C. said...

This is beautiful, Pat! Love the magnificently colored image. Stunning design work. Looks like I'll have to go shopping!

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Pat! I love the papers and the sweet image! Your coloring is fabulous, as always!

Jenée said...

Gotta love it! The sad thing is that I remember having to do my laundry that way :-( Your card is delightful, and your image is colored to perfection. Definitely made me smile.

Creative M said...

What a wonderful card!!Stunning image...made me laugh...too cute!

Sheri said...

I am LOVING you coloring on the Pat! So beautiful!! :)

Joey said...

LOVE this card Pat, gorgeous colourwork on the image. Joey x

Martinas Welt said...

Absolut stunning your card Pat!! I remember my Mum and Grandmums "Wringer machines" as well and here on the countryside it is still common to hang your laundry on the clothesline! =) I love that image of Mo!
Hugs,
Martina

Tammy Ortiz said...

This is absolutely orgeous. I really love this image so very much.

Pink Dandelion said...

Stunning card, love Mo's brilliant image and the way you have coloured it to match the fab papers. Debs xx

Dorcas said...

Awesome card, Pat! I love the wuote youve used with it too, its perfect!!

Tracy said...

oooweee Sistah Pat this is some kind of gorgeous! I just love that paper pad. I've been rationing myself with it. LOL Absolutely gorgeous coloring on your image. My mom and grandma used to hang clothes out a lot too. ahhh the simpler days. :-)
By the way--the banner looks amazing! I love how she did your title letters in the little pendants. I might have to splurge on the banner next time. Hugs!

catherine said...

Fantastic card Pat and fab image. Love the colours and how you have done the inside. Looks super
x catherine

Dena said...

Gawley gee!!!! This is so cute Pat! The sentiment is perfect for the image!!!! Your coloring, my friend, is always a joy to admire!!! Love it!
Hugs, Dena

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just adorable, have a great weekend, biggest of hugs love Pops x x x

ednamburgess said...

So very cute. Love the colors you picked. Edna

Cynthia said...

I'm not sure that I can say more than "Gorgeous". The colors/papers you've chosen with Mummu are perfect, Pat. Your coloring is lovely as always!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love your card - the colors are so beautiful! We have both chosen a Mummu image this week! :<) I really miss the sheets drying on the line - they always smelled so fresh when you brought them in and made up the beds! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Plumrose Lane said...

What a darling creation Pat ~ I especially love the honeycomb pattern on the inside! These must be such fun to create!
♥Sharon

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
I LOVE your 'take' on this challenge.
Couldn't be better and your sentiment is PERFECT!!
Beautiful card - you know how I love your colouring :o)
Hugs, Candy

Debbie said...

Remimber the washboards, how can you forget those in the bathtub, but you are so right, nothing like the smell of those sheets when they've been air dried like that.

This is BRILLIANT my sweet friend. Love the colors, the papers and your take on the challenge.

Hugs
Debbie

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful card, Pat, I just love Mummu and your gorgeous colouring!
hugs, Alina

Joann Burton said...

Just beautiful Pat...I love it.. joann sassy raggedy

Bego said...

It is a very,very nice card, lovely

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love this image. Love your colouring and colour choices! So pretty, Pat! Hugs, Lesley

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous Pat, I so love this image and your papers are superb. I bought some more digi's to join in..cause of course i had none suitable :0 Then was unwell so missed the challenge :((
Sending Hugs
Mau xx

fairysparkle said...

Love the card and i just adore the sentiment ,your colours are spot on .All in all a special card .Mamma did say there would be days like this what she did not say was how many !!! xx

Iulia said...

GORGEOUS!!! those bright colors, just down my alley! Amazing coloring too! And the inside looks fantastic!
Hugs