Monday, May 7, 2012

A new Grandbaby!!


Hello my sugar-lovin' friends! I'm here with my bi-monthly Sugar Nellie DT card and I am just as excited as I can be!! My youngest son and his family are adopting a new baby! Wheeeee! Another little girl for me to spoil! Her name will be Isla Bleu (after my daughter-in-law's grandmother) . . . and she's due around the first of June! Soooo . . . I decided to make a card to send to the excited expectant family. What'cha think?


I've had little "Bambino" from the "Simply Adorable" collection of Sugar Nellie stamps for quite some time . . . and this is the first time she's been anywhere near my Copics and Prismacolor pencils! Yikes! For shame, for shame! hehe! This cutie is available as a digital image HERE at Funky Kits . . . that's right . . . instant gratification!! Ya gotta love it!!

Now, I have to thank my Sugar Nellie DT sister, Maria Therese, for giving me the idea of using this sweet image this week. . . she just made a "blue" card with Bambino as a little boy! So, thanks Maria Therese, for your beautiful inspiration! Here's a close-up of this precious image . . . such a delight to color, let me tell ya!


I just had a brilliant idea! (Yep, it's true . . . I have brilliant ideas every now and then! hehehe!) I think I'll include a 6" x 6" shadow-box frame when I send this card . . . that way my daughter-in-law can frame it and display it in Isla's nursery! Here's a bit of a side view . . .


 And a peek at the little tag . . .


Here's my card "recipe" . . . 
Cardstock by DCWV
DPs: My stash
Metal filagree corner & flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Doohickey tag die: Magnolia
Lace punches: Martha Stewart
Plain & Scalloped Round dies: Nestabilities
Inside sentiments: I Brake for Stamps (I think)
Pearls, pacifier charm, safety pin, and diaper pin dies: My stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

. . . and finally, a peek at the inside. . .


The sentiment reads:

"Adoption
is when a child grew in it's mommy's
heart instead of her tummy"

And that's it for me, my darlins!! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card! And thanks, in advance, for your sweet comments! Hugs . . . until next time!!

18 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Goooooooooorgeous card and coloring sweetie ♥ And big congrats on the little girl♥

Joey said...

Oh Pat, this card blows me away, the sentiment is lovely. Congrats to your family, enjoy every minute with your new grandbaby. Joey xxx

Eret said...

Congratiulations Pat. That is fantastic news. Your card is so adorrable. Fabulous coloring!
Eret xx

Scrappelise said...

This card is so beautiful and I will also give you many, many congratulations and all the best for you and the little new one! <3

Grenouille Greetings said...

Gorgeous card! Superb sentiment, Pat. Love it! Hugs, Lesley

Alyce said...

Aw Pat this is so gorgeous! I absolutely love the colouring it is just stunning, and those footprints are a great idea! :)

Danielle said...

OH!!!!!!!!! this is stunning Pat. Absolutely stunning. this little baby is brought to life under your magnificient coloring. I love all the accessories. and the wonderful colors. simply beautiful ! have a nice day. Hugs.

Mau xx said...

What a gorgeous adorable card Pat, everything about it is beautiful. The Sentiment is wonderful, you must be so excited and your son and daughter in law must be counting the seconds.
Hope everything goes super smooth and your little princess is here very soon.
Hugs Hugs to you all Mau XX

Catherine said...

Awwww that is so sweet and coming from someone who cant have children that sentiment almost made me cry.....

Vicky said...

Awwww just so beautiful Pat...and big congrats too to your family sweetie...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

catherine said...

This is just so beautiful Pat to welcome the little baby. Good news for you all. Superb colours
x catherine

cathylynn said...

Magnificent! My goodness Pat this I one of the most beautiful cards that I have ever seen! Your coloring is breath-taking! Congratulations to you and your son's family . So exciting!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat that is wonderful and what a gorgeous card to remember such a special event! That's coming up quick - wow!

Barb Hardeman said...

So adorable my friend! Congrats on becoming at Grandma - again! Perfect dp's for this darling image and wonderful sentiment too! Hugs...Barb <><

Joann Burton said...

Just beautiful Pat. How lucky you are to be able to craft something so wonderful for your family's new addition. I am sure they will love the card. joann Sassy Raggedy

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card! Stunning! I am sure your son and daughter-in-law will love this card :) Congratulation on becoming a Grandma again!!

Iulia said...

Congrats on becoming a grandmother forthe 6th time; that's quite something! I would love to adopt a child someday too. Wish the lucky new member of your family all the best!
Your card is adorable; this image always made me shiver a bit cause it looks so real:)
Gorgeous, love this!
have a wonderful Sunday m'dear!
Hugs, Iulia

Robertrnia said...

OH!!!!!!!!! this is stunning Pat. Absolutely stunning. this little baby is brought to life under your magnificient coloring. I love all the accessories. and the wonderful colors. simply beautiful ! have a nice day. Hugs.