Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My newly decorated "studio" . . .

Looking for my Sassy Cheryl DT Post? 
Please scroll down!


Hey there, my sweet friends! I finally finished re-doing my "studio" and wanted to share some "before" and "after" pics with you. Be forewarned, the "before" photo is painful to look at! hehe!! 
So . . . here's the BEFORE . . . aacck!

And, thanks to my sweet, sweet husband (who painstakingly assembled the new furniture . . . including my gorgeous new Martha Stewart "Craft Armoire" which was delivered in FIVE huge, flat boxes, aacckk!) . . . here's my new and improved studio . . . I'm taking a drawing class, so here's where I practice . . .

And, the AFTER . . . YAY!!

Here's my Martha Stewart "Craft Armoire" . . . it's a thing of beauty . . . and so practical!


Take a look at these drawers . . . they're HUGE! 4 kinda thin drawers for my wood-block stamps . . . and 4 drawers below that are a bit deeper for art supplies . . .


Here's where I keep my cardstock . . . 6"x6" DPs are stored in those small draw units . . .


And this is where I keep all of my Wild Orchid flowers . . . they're organized by size rather than color . . .


 As we continue around the room, you can see my storage closet . . . that's not quite finished . . . eventually it'll hold more art and craft supplies!


And here's my workspace . . . clearly I'm between projects . . . notice how neat and clean it looks! Oh . . . that skirt around my worktable is actually 3 pair of cafe curtains that I hemmed and attached with velcro!! My dogs' bed is underneath . . . they keep me company while I work!


A close-up of my Copic storage . . . and some of my pencils. These are Prismacolor pencils . . . I keep my Faber-Castell and Caran d'Ache pencils in the bookcase. I'm saving those for other art projects . . .


And there ya have it . . . sorry for the plethora of photos! I just had so much fun, new stuff to share! Thanks so much for visiting!! I'll see you sooooon! Hugs . . . .



30 comments:

Maria Therese said...

oh wooooooooooooooooooow send me those markers will you!!! I bet you don't need them at all!!!I only have like a 3rd or 4th of what you have in copic's...

Suzi said...

Oh my Giddy Goose!!!! how fabulously chic and beautiful your craft studio is Pat. I love every single photograph. That Armoire is to diefor as is all the other gorgeous shelving, etc etc. I wish you many happy crafting years in this wonderful studio space.
Hugs
Suzi x

Boxofcolours said...

What a wonderful workspace!!
Hugs
Jane

Kim said...

Wow! That is a great craft room! That Martha Stewart armoire is fantastic! You are a lucky woman, but I am sure you know that hehe! Enjoy your beautiful room.

Fiona said...

oh my word Pat...I am so jealous!! will your hubby come build me one too pretty please??

Fi
x

saturated canary said...

WOW!!! That looks like such an amazing room! I'd be in there all the time:)!!

Good for you!!! xx

Krista

Creative M said...

WOW!For a second I thought I was in Micheals!!!!Love it!

Dorcas said...

Ooooh How lovely!!!! Pat you are one spoiled little gal! THis is awesome! Congratulations! I don't know how much crafting you'll get done though, I just know you'll be too busy admiring all this cool stuff. ;) I particularly love your MS armoirre (sp??) those narrow drawers are so convenient! way to go GF!

catherine said...

What a wonderful new place you now have Pat. I am so jealous of it. Looking forward to all the fabulous work you are going to make in there now.
x catherine

Danielle said...

You make me dream... a lot! What a wonderful place, and nicely organized. I bet you told your husband, in case of sinistry, save those markers LOL I told him that, and the Magnolias LOL I love everything about your room the color the light, the organizing, I would feel at home LOL Congratulations. very beautiful. Hugs.

Tracy said...

Oh wow the new background looks amazing! The soft yellow and blue are so pretty. I am SOOOOOO jealous of your craft room. I have a cubby closet. LOL It's holds all my stuff but there's certainly no room for me in there. :-) You're going to be so organized now. Enjoy all your new goodies Pat!

Anita said...

Wow Pat, I'm so jealous :) Your room is gorgeous sweetie. Oh I wish I loved close by - I would love to come play in your new toy room!

Ann English said...

WOWZERS! I LOVE it! Gorgeous, you lucky lady!

Sheri said...

Oh my word!!! Gorgeous space!! That cabinet IS to die for and the paper storage!! Love, love,...flippen love this!! BTW, my puppy sleeps under my craft desk while I'm working too. :)

Joann Burton said...

Hey there my sassy friend. I love looking at everyone's craft room. Mine needs redoing,lol but my kids keep moving back home...lol I love all the space you have when can we come shop in your craft room...lol Wonderful job by your hubby...joann sassy raggedy

Ann Marie Governale said...

COngrats on the new craft room! Love what you did with all the furniture and organization. It is truly beautiful!!! Also love your card today, the sentiment made me laugh out loud! xxx Ann Marie

Deeeeee said...

Wowser - yep, it was worth the wait. Now all ya need is a big screen TV so you can watch the Waltons while you craft! Tell Gilly he done good! Looks just like a craft store. Where is that sewing machine???

ednamburgess said...

WOW!!!! You make me jealous but it is beautiful. Maybe this will inspire me to clean up and sort and organize my room. Edna

Sheri said...

It is beautiful! Tell me about your paper storage cubes. Where did you get them and are the sold separately or???

Sally said...

WoW - Love your work space!! Those photos are aninspiration - loved seeing each and every one!!

Thaks for sharing!!

paola said...

this is kick ass for sure!!! i am bright GRASS GREEN!!! remind me why we are friends, lol. Absolutely stunning, just enjoy!!!
smiles
Paola

Kraftyaunt said...

I love the armoire and the cubies that you use for paper storage. This room is so functional! Great job and gorgeous space. Happy Crafting. Sincerely, Beverly

Candy said...

OHHHHH Pat!!!
It is amazing!! So big too!
Love your storage solutions.
Such a beautiful place to work. With everything having a place of it's own.
Big hugs, Candy

Kelly Neis said...

I love the Amoir! and All the paper Storage! Your room is pretty too, I like the new paint color. Thanks for sharing your awesome creating place.

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'm so jealous! What a beautiful Armoire! Fabulously organized and WELL stocked. Happy creating my friend!!! Hugs...Barb <><

Joey said...

OK OK OK Now I am SICK SICK SICK with a colour of green, your craft room is a dream, I want one just like it! Joey xx

Elaine said...

OH BOY! I definitely need to come and visit! No need to worry about where I can sleep for the 6 weeks..I'll happily squeeze in the doggy bed under your desk (within arms reach of the crafty stuff)
What fun I would have rummaging around your gorgeous craft room...'tis very organised and beautiful!

Hugs Elaine xxx

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I don't know how I missed this post - what a fantastic and wonderful work area! A studio of perfection! You must be so happy working in this beauty! Wish I lived close by so could come to visit! :<)

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

fairysparkle said...

Pat you are such a sweet person you deserve it all and im not a bit jealous oh no siree im not (well just a tiny tad)Its so beautiful Pat i bet you are loving it and quite right too .Bless you sweetie and you have a wonderful hubby just like i do .xx

odskocznia jutki said...

marzenie każde scraperki mieć taki kącik ...nie umiem się napatrzeć ;)_ pozdrawiam