Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Hey there my sweet friends! Can you believe it's 2012?! I hope you had fabulously fun - and safe - Christmas & New Year's celebrations!! I was sound asleep long before they dropped the ball in Times Square on New Year's Eve! Hey...what can I say? I need my rest...I have lots of New Year's resolutions that I need to get started on...not the least of which is learning how to sew...and organizing my craftroom!! First, I may need a nap! Just kidding! What I meant to say is...first I have a Sugar Nellie DT card to share with you...my first of 2012!


Isn't this just the cutest little image for a baby's 1st birthday?? I thought so...it's for a friend of ours to give to his 1-year-old grandbaby. I have another one to make for the twin sister!! hehehe! I thought I'd make a frilly easel card so it could be displayed  in the girls' nursery...



This stamp is called "Bubbles" and is part of the Home Grown "Baby" collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. You can find it HERE at Funky Kits. Here's another view...



Here's a close-up of the sentiment...


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Blushing Bride (Stampin' Up)
DPs: "Baby Steps" (Simple Stories)
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearl flourishes: Zva Creatives
Sentiment: Just Rite Stamps w/Pear Pizzazz ink (SU)
Faux pearls & ribbon: Stash
Nestabilities & Grand Nestabilities (Labels One)

And a slighty "artsy" angle...


Alrighty roo...that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT project...and, you KNOW how much I love your sweet comments! Hugs...until next time....


14 comments:

Debbie said...

Ok my dear sweet friend, Skype did this no justice at all, I guess the glare got in the way that night, but now that i see this in person OMG!!!!! You go girl this is amazing.. Can't wait to see the one you make for her sister.

TTYL
Debbie

angelwhispers said...

Happy New Year Pat xx

Love the card just so pretty and love the image how cute is she! Chanelle xxx

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, I'm sure your friend will love this gorgeous card. Love the pop up easel design and all the frills.

Monique said...

What a cute card Pat ! Happy new year :)).

Hugs Monique

Barb Hardeman said...

Totally adorable, Pat! Those are just the colors that would suit any baby girl and a great idea to make it an Easel for easy display! Gorgeous coloring on that sweet image and the big puffy bow really makes everything look so soft!
Hugs, Barb

Boxofcolours said...

Oh wow Pat, what a way to start 2012 - it's fab!!
Happy New Year from across the pond.
Hugs
Jane

fairysparkle said...

Hey hunny bunch loving this and how lovely for it to be something in spring colours ,its beautiful xx

Dorcas said...

Its very cute, Pat! I'm gonna hold you to your sewing resolution! Hey, I believe we have a sewing theme coming up.....chosen by...YOU!! LOL

Eve said...

Luv all the details on this card!! Those details makes this card soooo Sweet!! :-) Happy New Year to you too Pat! :)

Cricket said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely adorable!

Iulia said...

Happy New Year, sweetie! I see you have some serious resolutions for it:) Let me tell you a secret: one can sew on cards without really knowing how...he he. So, just get your brand new sewing machine out of that box, make sure you put the thread right and push the pedal (that's if it has one...lol; but I bet yours is fancier, so push the button and mind the fingers:))It will do the job for you.
As about organizing your craftroom, I wish you lots of luck there, I'm not brave enough for that. maybe next year...lol.
Now on to your card: is as sweet as it gets! How comes I never can do this and my baby cards look so not babish?:)) I remember when you made cards for the same tweens a while ago. Was that when they were born? OMG, where time flies?
It's simply gorgeous Pat dear, sorry for being in a talkative mood, I'm just recuperating...he he; unfortunately I start work today and I needed a bit of relaxation before that. Plus some of us had a terrible New Years Eve night. I so envy you:)
Have a healthy and creative 2012 Pat; enjoy every minute of it!
Big hugs, Iulia

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest little baby and card creation. I love the shape that you used.

hugs
bobbi

Frideborg said...

What a cute babycard. Love it :)
Happy new year from Sweden
/Marina

Sandy said...

So adorable - Love the way you did the pearls and that ribbon is so pretty.
Sandy