Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's Snowin' at Sassy Cheryl's!!

Hehehe! Well, it's not snowing here in Richmond, VA...but I'll bet there's snow SOMEplace!! After all, it IS January 10th!! Ooooh...and it's Tuesday...and that means it's time for another fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! (Hey,..that was a great segway, don'cha think?!!)

Our very own sweet and talented Sassy Dawn is our hostess this week...and Miz Dawn has come up with this fabby sketch...


and has chosen the theme...
SNOW!!

How fun...especially for me who has seen nary a snowflake this winter!! So...here's what I came up with...


I used Sassy Cheryl's "Lucy Lou, Princess on Ice" available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis!! I gotta tell ya, every time I look at Lucy Lou's wonky smile, I just have to laugh!!


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Pool Party, & Close to Cocoa by Stampin' Up
DPs: "Winterland" by Fancy Pants Designs
Snowflake punch: Martha Stewart
Sentiment & mitten stamps, ribbon, & pearls: my stash
Dies: Nestabilities
Liquid Applique
Stickles
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

A peek at the inside (I LOVE these DPs!!)...


And, last but not least...


Alright, my lovelies, it's time for you to head on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Dawn and rest of my Sassy (and insanely talented) DT sistahs have created for this week's challenge! Then, we'd love for you to join us for this week's challenge? Just remember to follow this week's sketch and Snow theme. Oh, and...don't forget to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's Digis Online Store HERE!!

I've decided to enter this card in the following challenges...

Paper Sundaes #102 - Saturated colors (teal)
Crafty Cardmakers #59 - No floral embellishments

Thanks so much for stopping by...and for taking the time to read my silly post and leave a comment! You rock!! Hugs...until next time!


24 comments:

Mau xx said...

Hi Pat, Love to read your crazy posts, always brightens my day :))
Love the card, the colours are gorgeous and what a sweet little image, like you I love her wonky smile xxx

Dawn said...

You pegged the Awesome meter once again Miz Pat! Love the colors and that DP!! Just too cute inside and out!

Molecraft said...

A gorgeous creation Pat, love the image and those papers are fab too!
Helen x

Dawn said...

oh yeah...and I hope you get SNOW!!!

Dawn said...

I hope you get a LOT of SNOW!!!

snort.. just had to come back and leave a couple more comments *wink*

Christina C. said...

Totally stunning creation....love the beautifully colored image and the fabulous papers and layers! Gorgeous inside and out! The bow is lovely, as well as the snowflakes.

Josephine said...

This is such a pretty card!

Thanks for joining the 'no flower embellishments' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

jkreucher said...

We haven't seen even one flake of the white stuff either Pat! and I like it that way!
that Dawn, is just a trouble maker wanting you to get snow:)
Every card you create is over the top stunning.
I love that great minds think alike... hee hee... choosing this darling little princess on ice!
I love every awesome detail!
hugs
Judy

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi darlin'! You always make me laugh out loud when I read your whacky posts! Well, here is another senSATional card from Pat Frank! I love the sketch - gonna hafta use that one - and your coloring is purely delightful! Love how you used the teal to shadow around Lucy (did I get that right?) Gorgeous work - you set the bar pretty high!
Hugs, Barb

Debbie said...

Well, it's not snowing in New York either..which is a good thing..don't want to dig out the car.. Loving this little lady, OMG!!! she is adorable, how did I miss her when I went shopping the other day...OK looks I be back.. It's official I'm Bad!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Cheryl said...

Your card is so sweet! I love the colors and papers.


~Cheryl~

**I am offering blog candy on my blog. Please feel free to stop by and enter if you are interested.**

Cathy said...

Well, my Sassy friend, you have created another gorgeous card. The colors and your coloring are always to beautiful. The image is perfect, as are the embellishments. I really come for the blog post LOL, it even outshines the cards....and that is saying a lot...Luves ya GF

Monique said...

That is so cute !! Your colouring is wonderfull and that image is soooo sweet :)).

Hugs Monique

Candy said...

Oh Pat!
You've done it again.
Another super creation!
Awesome colouring :o)
Beautiful papers and great choice of images.
Hugs, Candy

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, this is totally cute! and this sweetie does not live in Montreal, we still see the grass, very unusual for this time of the year. Beautiful warm color combination. Your image is so cute, wonderfully colored.
Hugs.

Sassy Cheryl said...

'Wonky' smile? Really? hee hee. Love that. Now every time I look at her, I'll think of that.
This is beautiful Pat. . . . .and I LOVE the accents. SUper adorable.

Princess4Wiz said...

This card is a real beauty, Pat! I adore that image and you have coloured her perfectly :-)

Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Beth. xxx

Lisa M. (aka Lisabee) said...

Love love love this image and this card just rocks! Beautiful as usual! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes! Good luck! Make sure you join us again next week for our Birthday Bash! Good luck!

♥ Lisabee
My Crafting Blog

Jenny said...

Such a sweet card. I love the layout and I especially love that colouring. Thanks so much for joining in our fun at Paper Sundaes this week.

fairysparkle said...

Oh my this is right up my street ,i love the colours so soft and beautiful .Your design is amazing ,stunning and lots of other adjectives my sweet friend xx

Annette said...

Beautiful card and the coloring is amazing .

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Annette xx

Kim x said...

This is just stunning, I love the colours and the cute image.
Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers this time and good luck.
hugs Kimx

foxyenglishcrafter said...

Your cards are truly inspirational. Each and every one is out of this world. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Julie