Thursday, January 12, 2012

Clean & Simple at Mo's...


Please scroll down to see my latest Sugar Bowl DT card...it's a cutie, if I do say so myself! (teehee!)

I'm baaaack!! This time with a little something I like to call "Clean and Simple!" I'm not altogether sure if YOU'D call it "Clean and Simple"...but...in my world it is! And, ya know...I kinda like it in my world...people understand me here! LOL!! Ahhhh...but I digress...guess what?? I'm hostessing this week over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog...and you'll never guess what I chose for this week's challenge theme! Wait for it...

Clean & Simple!!

I know...what WAS I thinking?? I can't even define "Clean & Simple"!! bwahaha!! I think I was thinking that this would be good for me...you know, try something a bit out of my comfort zone. Well...guess what? I was right! This IS out of my comfort zone! Way, wayyyyy out!! LOL!!

So...here's what I came up with...you tell me...is it Clean and Simple? (If it isn't...don't really tell me...cuz it'll probably hurt my feelings! And then you'd just feel bad! Right? I guess some things are just better left unsaid!)


This little sweetheart is called "Kisses" and you can find her HERE at Mo's online store. Isn't she soooooo stinkin' cute?! Here's an EXTREME CLOSE UP...


Soooooo...here's what I did...I found these DPs in my chaos that has become my craftroom (I'm re-doing it, rememba?!) and put together what I thought was a pretty simple design...which, in truth, isn't so much a design as it is just taping a chunk of DP to cardstock and slapping on a ribbon & bow! Then...when I got ready to do some serious coloring, I said to myself..."Self, what would make this really different?" And do you know what my answer was? Shades of grey!!! I know...daring,  huh? But, I don't know...it kinda works....


You've no doubt noticed that I added just one flower...and just six (count 'em, six! Oh, OK...12 if you count the ones on the inside...hehe!) black pearls!! I call that restraint!! Or maybe...I should call it clean and simple!  Here's another view...


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Blush Blossom, & Black (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Webster's Pages
Inside sentiment & heart stamp: Stash 
Ribbon: Very Vanilla (SU)
Black pearls & black ribbon: Stash
Single rose: Wild Orchid Crafts
Nestabilities: Square  & Scalloped Square (Spellbinders)
Copics & Prismacolor pencils


And, of course, since you've stuck with me this long...(for those of you who haven't stuck with me...just avert your eyes for a moment!), here's the ever-popular "artsy" view...


And there ya have it...my personal interpretation of "Clean & Simple." Now, you will definitely want to head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the fabulous creations by my talented DT sistahs!! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE)...and follow this week's theme: "Clean & Simple." Who knows, you may be chosen (by Random.Org) to receive a $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores.

I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Challenge #40 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Die Cute Special (Die cut & cute)

Thanks so much for stopping by...and for agreeing with me that this card really IS "clean and simple"! hehehe! And, as always, thank you for your kind comments...they make me smile all over my face!! Hugs...until next time!

23 comments:

Iulia said...

Hey Pat! Great minds think alike, as I chose Webster's Pages too...lol, plus if yours is CAS then mine should be too...hehe, because they are so much alike. Love love love your card, that paper looks awesome and I just love the idea of shades of grey even when it comes to her face; looks so special and a bit vintage. Gorgeous card sweetie!
Oh, and I have 4 pearls, so it must be simplier...lol
Have a great rest of the week hun. Love ya!
Iulia

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, how gorgeous!!!
Those Webster's Pages are awesome and your coloring of this sweet girl is truly phenomenal! This is extraordinarily precious.

cardsbylucinda said...

Hello Pat, this card is fantastic, i love the grey, i tried grey & purple just other day and loved it, by no means as wonderful as yours. I've had a look at your blog and other cards you've made and blown away at how many DT you belong to! WOW! your an inspiration. I shall be back to view your work again its fab.

Hugs Lu xxxx

Dorcas said...

THis came out so pretty, Pat! That paper is gorgeous!! (as is the sweetie you colored. :)

Carla S. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Pat! I love the DP and the adorable image! Fab coloring and look at that - only a ribbon and one flower - lol!

The Wired Angel said...

Well...for you, yes that's clean and simple :)

And it's super lovely.. great coloring, Pat!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Pat, just love the image and wonderful colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debbie said...

I think a bow counts as clean and simple, at least in my book... I love this both inside and out.. It is just gorgeous.. love how you colored it sort of giving it that black and white affect.

Hugs
Debbie

Cathy said...

What were you thinking GF LOL, Yes, for you this is very CAS and I love it. The colors and the coloring are beautiful as always. The dp is gorgeous and the ribbons and flowers are perfect. You did go with the minimalist embellishments didn't you...I love it, it is beautiful!!! Have a great week sweetie.

Linda said...

Wow what a stunning card!!!!! The image you colored her is just excellence!!!!! Love love the papers you used too!!!!! Wow amazing card!!!!!

Cricket said...

This is adorable. Love it.

Helga said...

Wow - what a gorgeous card ! So perfect colored - all the others finished your card perfect!
Greetings from Austria
Helga

Helga said...

Wow - what a gorgeous card ! So perfect colored - all the others finished your card perfect!
Greetings from Austria
Helga

Gretha said...

Woww, she is so cute.
Lovely papers and your image is very sweet coloured.
Hugs Gretha

Boxofcolours said...

CAS - Cute and Super!! Hee hee, love it my friend!
Hugs
Jane

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Pat, this couldn't be any sweeter!! I love the color combo you chose and that DP is fabulous. But, the best part is your coloring...WOW! (love the inside too - HeeHee) ~jeni :)

fairysparkle said...

Hey hunny bunny beyond cute ,im so glad you used that image as im thinking of getting her and i like to see how she can look .I Love and aspire to be able to colour like you ,its amazing what you can do with your pens .xx

Alina said...

Pat, I can't tell you how much I like this card: paper, colouring and the bow are so beautiful! I like the inside too; wonderful!
hugs, Alina

Katina said...

Wow, a stunning card Pat! The image is gorgeous and I love the Dps. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck.
x

Dawn B. said...

Pat this is fantastic. I am so glad ya talk to yourself cause that grey looks awesome. This is a beautifully created card and again your signature style. Could you send your cleaning bunnies my way?

foxyenglishcrafter said...

There are no words to describe how beautiful this card is. I love your colouring and the design paper you have chosen. It is absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing.

hugs Julie.

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Pat, the colours are just sublime! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Absolutely LOVIN this make, Pat! Fabulous colour work and brilliant paper choice. Sooooooo elegant and sweet! Hugs, Lesley