Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bright & Cheery at Sassy Cheryl's!!

WARNING!!! Grab your sunglasses...'cuz what you're about to see is "burn your retinas" bright! Hehehe! Oh yea, that's right...it's time for another fantabulous challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! And our very lovely and talented Miz Dawn is our hostess again this week...and the Sassy Lady has chosen for this week's theme...

Bright & Cheery!

How fun...especially for those of us who are deep into the cold and dreary days of winter (not me, of course...but surely some of you are getting snow and cold by now!!) So...here's what I came up with...


I swear, I don't know what's gotten into me...orange again?! And I don't even particularly like orange...unless it's in the form of peach, that is! I guess my sweet friend, Dorcas, is rubbing off on me! hehehe!! But...orange is a mighty bright color...and all I had to do was add a little yellow and lime green and turquoise...and VOILA...BRIGHT and CHEERY!! hehehe!! Well, work with me...it seemed pretty bright and cheery at 0-dark-thirty when I was making it!! Now, in the light of day, it just hurts my eyes and nearly offends my sensibilities! bwahahaha!

OK...enough silliness...let's get down to business, shall we?! I used Sassy Cheryl's "Sassy Sally and Her Perfect Teddy Bear Gift" available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis!! Ya know...I just love my little Sassy Sally! And look! She has a wonky little smile too! Wheeeee! Here's a little bit of a side view...


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Taken w/Teal, & Tangerine Tango (Stampin' Up)
DPs: "Fly a Kite" (Lime Twist)
Sentiment: Whimsy Stamps
Dies: Nestabilities & Magnolia Doohickey
Buttons. Crushed Curry ribbon, & sun clothespin (my stash)
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

And, the "artsy" view...


Alright, my sugar muffins, it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Dawn and the rest of the Sassettes have created for this week's challenge! Then, we'd love for you to join us for this week's challenge? Just remember to follow this week's Bright & Cheery theme. Oh, and...don't forget to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's Digis Online Store HERE!!

I've decided to enter this card in the following challenges...
Sketch Saturday - Week 190
Cute Card Thursday - #99 "You're having a laugh"
Crafty Cardmakers - No floral embellies
Stampin' for the Weekend - "Out with the old"

Thanks so much for stopping by...have a bright & cheery week my sassy friends!! You rock!! Hugs...until next time!

24 comments:

Dawn said...

"burn your retinas" bright... snort! Pat, you're too funny!!

Adorable! and I LOVE the orange! cute,cute,cute!

no snow here... rain...ugh! but it IS in the forecast!!!! woohoo!

Ann English said...

This is gorgeous! Love it so!!! When I " grow up", I hope I color as beautifully as you! Thinking about taking another Copic class and it's in Richmond!

Boxofcolours said...

Have my sunglasses on - tan coming along nicely, I can feel the orangy warmth from here......this card is just what you need to cheer you up on a dull January day!!
Hugs
Jane

Sassy Cheryl said...

The orange certainly works for me! I think it's beautiful! It just 'hits the spot' for this weeks challenge and it's stunning, Pat! LOVE the bow. You know me and my polka dots. :)

Iulia said...

OMG, Pat, this is so bright and cheerful; I really need some sunglasses:))The image is so sweet and delicate and that paper too cute for words. You know I'm into everything bright, so this is just what I needed to make my evening brighter:)
Have a nice week m'dear!
Hugs, Iulia

Dorcas said...

Super cute, Pat! I love how the sun is clipped on with a clothes pin, very clever! I think you like orange really, don't you? ;) I think its delish!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there, what a bright and beautiful card. Everything is so perfectly balanced a gorgeous image and so prettily coloured. Thanks for joining us at Craft cardmakers and good luck.

marie

Joey said...

Pat this sure brightened my evening! I love it, cute image. Joey x

fairysparkle said...

Hello hunny .what a sweet card you have made ,its cheery and bright and i love it .x

Meggymay said...

Love your cute card, the colours are fabulous for a happy card. Thankyou for joining us at Craft Cardmakers this time.
Yvonne

Molecraft said...

Fabulous card, love the bright funky colours!
Helen x

Mina said...

as stunningly beautifully coloured as always Pat...I loved your cards for the hops
Mina xxx

Deb said...

wow, gorgeous card, love the bright colours!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Sally said...

Wow, this is certainly bright & cheerful! A great card & super image. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

jkreucher said...

Love love lovin every incredible little detail!
Your colors are so vibrant and perfect to chase away the winter greys!
Another amazing creation!!
Hugs
Judy

Cathy said...

Well this, my sweet Sassy Pat, is what I call a Bright Cheery card LOL. Love your coloring of course and the dp and buttons are so cute. Perfect embellishments and of course the inside is as gorgeous as the outside.

Anne said...

If I had to define bright and cheerful this would be it, what a gorgeous card, love those buttons grouped together. Thanks for joining our no floral embellishments challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
Anne
x

The Wired Angel said...

Super cute, Pat. Love the color combo and, of course, your fantastic coloring! Peggy x

JACKIE M said...

A beuutiful bright and cheery card Pat, I LOVE your colouring and all your beautiful papers:)

Linda said...

Too bad you forgot to add some color. Ha Ha Stunning as always you crazy girl. I love it and I am hopping over to grab this cutie for myself.

Barb Hardeman said...

Well, I'm blinded by the gorgeous light emitting from your snazzy, sassy card! Girl, your designing is amazing to say the least. Who else would have thought of putting a little sun on a mini clothes pin? This is adorable from start to finish! Hugs...Barb <><

Bente said...

Love your wonderful card, great colors.
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.
Hugs, Bente

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautifully bright and zingy! Lovely! Hugs, Lesley

Cynthia said...

I'm lovin' the bright colors, Pat! I need a break from the winter greys. Such a cute layout as well.