Monday, January 16, 2012

Sugar Nellie DT Monday...

Hey there my lovelies! Happy Monday!! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! Mine was relaxing...I spent most of the time in my craft room. I'm in the process of redecorating...and organizing...so, there are piles of crafting supplies everywhere! I'm just averting my eyes until my sweet hubby can put together my new Martha Stewart craft armoire. I promise to show photos when it's all done!! Until then, though...I am creating in CHAOS! hehehe!!

So...today I have a Sugar Nellie DT card to share with you...a little lady (and frog) with "ATTITUDE"!!


How precious, huh? Her name is "Pippi Longsocks" (I'm not sure what her frog-friend's name is!)...and she's part of the Fairy Glen collection of  Home Grown Sugar Nellie stamps. You can find her HERE at Funky Kits. Here's a side view...




I used only one kind of Designer Paper...it came from Bearly Mine Designs...and it's digital DP!! This is my first time using digital DPs. It's pretty cool! And I love this design...very "impressionist" looking!

Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, & Bashful Blue (Stampin' Up)
Lace, faux pearls, & sentiment stamps: my stash
Seam binding and ribbon for that delicious pink bow: The Ribbon Girl
Flowers & metal filagree corner: Wild Orchid Crafts
Dies: Nestabilities & Memory Box
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

So...here's the deal...I know that Pippi looks ever so sweet...but she also looks like she (and her little frog) have a bit of "attitude"...so this sentiment seemed kind of perfect...what'cha think?


Ya gotta love it, right?! Well...I thought it was funny! Hehehehe!! Here's a little "artsy" view...


I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:
The Ribbon Girl #15 - Pink & Blue
Wild Orchid Challenges #40 - Anything Goes
CLP #43 - Sketch

And there ya have it! An adorable image and a little chuckle all in one card to help start your week out right!! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT project...and for your sweet comments! Hugs...until next time....