Friday, December 30, 2011

My final post of 2011...

Hey darlin' friends!! I hope you had a great weekend last week...and, if you celebrated a Winter Holiday, I hope it was fabulous!! So...I must admit...Santa was very good to me this year!! My NOOK tablet is pretty cool...never mind that I don't know how to do much more than READ BOOKS on it! bwahahaha!! But, I suspect I'll figure it all out eventually! Ahem...have I mentioned lately that I still have a sewing machine that's never seen the light of day? True...electronics & machinery...arrggh!!! But...one of my New Year's resolutions is to get out my sewing machine so I can sew on cards...another of my resolutions is to organize my craftroom!! Hmmmm...365 days in a year, right?! LOL!!

OK...enough chatter...I have a card to show you! And it's NOT a Christmas card!! Whoohoooo!


I tell ya, I am not generally a fan of purples...but then I found these gorgeous DPs from Magnolia...and thought they'd go well with Almost Amethyst cardstock (Stampin' Up)...and...voila...a sweet little "thank you" card! Adorable, huh? I used "Tilda with Hellebores"...from the Sweet Christmas Dreams 2011 Collection. I tell ya, she was such fun to color...especially her hair!! The hellebores were fun too...do they come in purple? I don't even know. I've never seen a hellebore up close and personal! So, in my world, hellebores can be purple! hehehe!!


Oh my gosh...don'tcha just love that bow? It's made with "silky crushed ribbon" and is available HERE at The Ribbon Girl (my "go to store" for the most luscious ribbons ever!). Go ahead, check it out...it's OK...cuz I just placed a huge order...but I'm sure there's a little left for you! hehehe!! Tell Mary and Andrea I said "hi"!


I colored this darlin' with Copics & Prismacolor pencils...the sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps...and those yummilicious flowers and pearl brads are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I kept the inside pretty simple...just a few bows and a Martha Stewart lattice punched border thingie...and space for a personal note.


Here's an angled shot...kinda artsy fartsy, don'tcha know...


I'm entering this little card into the following challenges:

7 Kids College Fund #37: New Years Hopes & Dreams (does that include resolutions? hehe)
Totally Tilda: Thank You
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
Stampin' for the Weekend: #23 Anything Goes

And that's it for me, kids!! I hope you have a great weekend...please be safe...and let's ALL have the most fabulous New Year...filled with love and peace and lots of creativity!! Thanks so much for stopping by...see you in 2012! Hugs...