Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hey there my sweet friends!! Welcome to my little Sugar Bowl post!! In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that, thanks to the magic of the internet, I have pre-scheduled today's post because I am currently on a little vacay with my handsome husband! But, I swear, I'm having an umbrella drink for each and every one of you! hehehe!

OK...let's get right to this fortnight's Sugar Bowl Challenge! Our very talented Sugar Mama, Gayle, has chosen the theme...
PAPER PIECING!

And she's given us this fun sketch to follow...


Hmmm...it's been a long, lonnng time since I've done any paper piecing! But...I tell ya, I had such fun with it!


Remember my sister, Dee? Well...this card is for her husband! He's an avid golfer...and, since his birthday is coming up, I decided to get a little jump start on his card!


I chose this cute little Sugar Nellie stamp called "Fore." This handsome little fella comes from Sugar Nellie's "Home Grown Manga Collection" and is available HERE at Funky Kits! I paper-pieced his cap and pants...then added a little more shading with Prismacolor pencils. Here's a side view...


My card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy & Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up)
DPs, buttons, & twine (my stash)
Sentiment: (computer generated)
Tag w/envelope (Melissa Frences)
Copics & prismacolor pencils

And one last view...


Now it's time to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl and take a peek at all the gorgeous "paper pieced" creations by my fellow DT Sweeties. Then, come join us for this fortnight's challenge! One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a fabulous prize from Sugar Nellie. Once again, our prize for this Sugar Bowl Challenge is....

...your choice of FOUR Sugar Nellie stamps
(increasing to SIX if we have 100+ entries!)...

Thanks so much for stopping by...and for your sweeeeeet comments! Hugs...until next time....

14 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is fabulous as always hugs Pops x x x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hi Pat! Fabulous take on the sketch! Love your rafia ribbon and great colour choices with this delightfully paper pieced golfer! Hugs, Lesley

Christina C. said...

This is STUNNING.....beautiful job!
Love the paper piecing...what a great boy's card!

Boxofcolours said...

Great golfing card Pat! Love the colours you've chosen.
Hugs
Jane

angelwhispers said...

Pat this is just wonderful a great card for your Brother-in-Law and love your paper pieced image! Chanelle xxx

Lilian said...

Hi Pat! Your card is just so cute! I should get me this golfer asap. Love the colors, pocket, buttons and added twine. Gonna case your card one of these days! ;) Lils

Lisa Lynn said...

Adorable card Pat, hope you are having a wonderful time away.

Erika said...

Fab card Pat and great colour combo, loving the tag. Crafty hugs, Erika.

fairysparkle said...

Hey hunny bun i wondered where you had got too .Now you have a fab time with hub and a lovely relax .oops nearly forgot why i was here ,your card is so cute love it all .x

Elaine said...

Fabulous cad Pat.
You even made a guys card!! You deserve an extra umbrella drink just for that!

Hope you are having fun fun fun!
(and not getting in toooooo much trouble)

Hugs Elaine xx

Molecraft said...

Fabulous male card, great paper piecing, love it!
Helen x

Fiona said...

gorgeous Pat...love that stamp!!

Fi
x

JustYolie said...

This is so adorable!!! Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website http://www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

(I also have a giveaway on my blog)

Dorcas said...

Wow I really missed a load of posts! Youre as prolific as me! LOL This is such a great man card, Pat, brilliant!