Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Beginnings at Sassy Cheryl's...

Happy New Year!! How cool...a brand new year...with a whole 365 days of crafting fabulousness!! Whoohoo!! So...let's get this party started, shall we? Let's talk about this week's fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog!

Our very sweet and talented DT sistah, Sassy Ann, is our "hostess with the mostess" this week...and Miz Ann has chosen the theme...

New Beginnings!!

How perfect for our first challenge of 2012, don'tcha think?! And here's what I came up with...


I used Sassy Cheryl's "Let's Party..Sassy Sally" available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis!! I gotta tell ya, I am in love with li'l miss Sassy Sally...and am looking forward to lots of new Sassy Sally images to play with in 2012! (Hint hint, Miz Sassy Cheryl! hehehe!)


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock & sentiment ink:  Cranberry Crisp by Stampin' Up
DPs: "Christmas Magic" by Fancy Pants Designs
Seam binding: Ribbon Girl
Sentiment, champagne bottle (inside), & gold beads: my stash
Dies: Nestabilities
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

And a peek at the inside....which I kept very simple this time...


And, of course, the ever-popular "artsy" view...


Okey dokey, my darlins...it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what my talented DT sistahs have created for this first fun challenge of 2012!! Then, please join us for this week's challenge, won't you? Just remember to follow this week's "New Beginnings" theme. Oh, and...don't forget to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's Digis Online Store HERE!!

I've decided to enter this card in the following challenges...
Sketch Saturday (I inverted the sketch so the sentiment is on the other side)
Cute Card Thursday #197 - Happy New Year
Frosted Designs Fab Friday Challenge - Use something new (my DPs & digi image)
Paper Sundaes #101 - Something old (stamps & gold beads), Something New (DPs, digi image)
The Pink Elephant - Anything Goes
Cutie Pie Challenge - Use a sentiment

Thanks so much for stopping by...and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments really, REALLY make my day!! Lotsa hugs!!!

31 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat, what a party girl you have there and she is just the cutest thing! Gorgeous card. Loads of creating in 2012 I think?
Hugs Cheryl

Marita said...

Hi Pat:) This is a gorgeous party card. I just love it♥. I love your work and all the cards in your blog♥.

Hugs, Marita

Molecraft said...

Fabulous card Pat, love that image!
Helen x

Sassy Cheryl said...

Gorgeous. . . inside and out! I'm looking forward to 365 days of drawing, although I've missed out on the first couple of days. hee hee
Stunning as always, Pat! Happy coloring in 2012!

Dawn said...

Wooooeeee! this is just packed with fun! So cute, Pat, love the paper mix too...inside and out perfection!

fairysparkle said...

Pat very pretty she looks to party all night .Love the papers its beautiful inside and out just like you my friend x

Deb said...

Fabulous New Year's card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week, hope to see you lots more in 2012!
Happy New Year, Debxx

Wendy - AKA Mrs. B said...

What a FAB card, Pat! I do love that image and you have once again showcased her to the hilt! I really enjoy seeing the inside of your cards - love what you do to them - that bottle image is perfect! wendy xx

Debs M said...

great papers and colour scheme, fab colouring, love it x

Vicky said...

Fabulous Pat...and happy new year too hun...!

big hugs Vicky xx

jkreucher said...

OK! Big surprise here!!! I LOVE everything about your amazing card!
As always your coloring is an inspiration to everyone!
Sassy Sally the party girl is very popular today! I love seeing all the different ideas everyone has come up with.
your cards are always works of art inside and out!
New Years hugs to ya my friend!
Judy

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love your layout....

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous ♥ ♥ Pops x

Candy said...

Happy New Year, Pat!
Great card!!
Looking at Sassy Cheryl's digi having so much fun and the look on her face makes it look like the year ahead is going to be fantastic :o)
Hugs, Candy

Amanda said...

Fantastic card!!

Both the inside and the outside of this card are gorgeous. I also love the papers you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs. I hope that you enjoyed the challenge

Amanda

Cathy said...

Hey Hey Sweet Ms Pat, I Love this!!! Beautifully colored as always and your colors, embellishments and everything is just perfect!!! YOu have certainly started the New Year out perfectly with this beauty. Can't wait to see what you area gonna have to show us all year long!!!

Kelly Neis said...

love your card, she is cute and fun. great for the New year, having fun.

Andrea Fogleman said...

WoW your card is fantastic! I love the colors and image. Fave! Thank you for joining us for a challenge over at Frosted Designs.

Sharon Caudle said...

Happy New Year Ms Pat!!!! Your card is fabulous as always! LOOOVE Cheryl's images and your coloring always blows me away! Hope you're doing well and having a fabulous start to the new year!
hugs, Sharon

JACKIE M said...

Pat I love your card and always love the way you finish off the inside too, Sally was a popular choice with the dt this week, she is really ringing in the New Year :)

Debbie said...

Well my sweet friend,is this cute or what. OMG...I love that pop of blue, it makes the entire card. you rocked this New Year's Card Baby!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

I love this sassy little celebrating girl! Your coloring is great! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

What a beauty Pat!! Love the DP and the colors...but I love that little blue bow the most. Too stinkin' cute!! I look forward to the next year of DT projects. Happy New Year Sassy friend ~jeni :)

julieprice3 said...

Beautiful card Pat, I really love that cute image, I think I'm going to have to get some of these Sassy Cheryl's they're just so darn cute! Thanks so much for joining in at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

Jo said...

What a lovely card!
Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday
Jo xx

Cynthia said...

Lovely color choice and design, Pat.

Susie Little said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for playing at Sketch Saturday!xx

Sandy said...

Toot, Toot! This is wonderful Pat - love the bottle inside!
Sandy

Shanna Shands said...

OMG this card is super cute and a great celebration! Thanks for playing along with Paper Sundaes.

The Wired Angel said...

You always have such a knack for pulling it all together and making it look perfect, Pat. Your coloring, as always, is sensational! Peggy x

Darla said...

Just came across your blog and love all your creations. Signed up as your 400th follower and subscribed to keep up with all the wonderful work you do. I am inspired.