Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sugar Nellie Showcases ME! Whoohoo!!

Hey there, my lovelies!! I am soooo excited to be "showcased" today at Sugar Nellie's Blog! My sweet friend, Elaine, has decided to showcase the SN DT...and today is my day in the "spotlight!" Whoohooo! And...here's the new little card I made for this special occasion...


As some of you know, I have been struggling with creating "clean & simple" cards. I was thinking that I'd have to throw in the towel on C&S...but decided to try just once more before I gave up completely! hehehe! Sooo...I was thumbing through my ever-growing collection of Sugar Nellie stamps and ran across little Miss "Raven" (available HERE at Funky Kits) and just knew she was going to share the spotlight with me today!!


I found the prettiest DPs...from the "Generations" collection by Simple Stories...and decided they'd fit perfectly into my C&S design! Next, I chose Bravo Burgundy and River Rock cardstock (from Stampin' Up)...which matched the DPs quite nicely! Then I literally added a wee bit of yummilicious lace and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts...1/4" grosgrain ribbon (in Bravo Burgundy) and some hardware (also from SU)...and my card was made!


Well, of course, I had to color this cutie...which I did with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils! I really love the richer, deeper shading that I get with Prisma pencils applied over Copics!! Oh...and, just to clarify...you can see that I used a Christmas sentiment...but added no snow or snowflakes. Why? Because I lived in Phoenix, AZ for 25 years and we never had snow at Christmastime! Hence...no snow! hehehe! Oh...the sentiment is from Lili of the Valley! Here's a peek at the inside...


Now...I decided that, in keeping with my C&S efforts, I'd let these luscious  DPs work for me. I layered them onto Bravo Burgundy cardstock...and then added only a stamped sentiment (from my stash)...no embellies whatsoever!! Yes...it WAS a bit uncomfortable for me...and I believe that a tear actually ran down my cheek during the making of this card...hehehe! I trust you, too, are tearing up a bit as you read this...am I right?! But...alas, when all is said and done...I kinda like the end result! Here's one last view...it's OK...wipe your eyes now! It's all good!


So...since this is a Christmas card...and since I used Wild Orchid flowers and lace (my very faves!), I thought I'd enter this week's Wild Orchid Challenge again (my third entry!). OK...gotta run! Thanks so much for visiting...and for your very sweet comments! Have a beautiful day!! Hugs...until next time.... 
 

21 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Pat, Have just seen your showcase and it's fabulous, wow, stunning creations. I think this card is just perfect, it really did not need another thing added to it, it's stunning.xx

Suzi said...

Beautiful card as ever Pat. Congratulations on your showcase over at Sugar Nellie. I thought I was already a follower must have been visiting via sugar bowl and sugar nellie, love your work. I'm now an official follower. lol.
Hugs
Suzi x

Elaine said...

Fabulous as always Pat.
Your CAS card is stunning!
I often have a little tear in my eye when I visit you, but only because you make me laugh.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend...oh I forget you are retired..and therefore every day is the weekend!!

Love & hugs
Elaine xxx

Boxofcolours said...

Yet another creative masterpiece from Pat!
Hugs
Jane

Chrissy said...

Congratulations on your showcase Pat, very well deserved. This card is just gorgeous...love the burgundy, beautiful lace, and flowers...fabulous coloured image.

Luv CHRISSYxx

America said...

HI Pat! This beauty is is CAS?? Well, its FABULOUS fancy CAS!!! heheh :) Sooo glad to have found ya! Love your work with embellishments and color. I keep coming back to drool over more! :) CONGRATULATIONS on your very well deserved spotlight at Sugar Nellie.

Sharon said...

Hi Miss Pat ;) I've seen your showcase and left a comment... congratulations, so well deserved. Your cards are absolutely beautiful and are real feast for the eyes. Nothing slapdash about you, absolute perfection! I LOVE Raven, just received her and never thought of using her for a Christmas card... you see how inspirational you are...hehe Loved reading all about Granny Pat and wishing you loads of happy crafting hours, hugs Sharon xx

Debbie said...

Well shut my mouth girlfriend. This is outrageous you honestly work with warm colors so so well.. not that you don't do other colors well, but this card is just stunning. I am trying to get card number 1 done for the challenge and here you are with number 3.. you go girl!!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Grenouille Greetings said...

This card is delightful. I love Raven (I forgot that I owned her until I saw your make). Your lace and flowers are stunning and you have used DPs with less pattern on the front and inside back panel which errs on the cleaner look. What a beauty! And congrats on being showcased! Hugs, Lesley

Dotty Jo said...

breathtakingly lovely card Pat - glad I found my way here! Jo x

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous! LOve your colours! LOve your image! One Gorgeous card.....Inside as well as out!
Chrissyxx

Fiona said...

woo hoo Pat...well done on your wee spotlight over at Sugar Nellie. Gorgeous card as always and Elaine has picked stunning cards to showcase!!

Fi
x

Kay said...

Hi Pat - found you under the spotlight and have just lost at least 30 minutes drooling over your creations. Just gorgeous work - love them all!

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful! Love all you details! Kim

Barb Hardeman said...

I hear ya Pat! I too have a very hard time with clean and simple cards. Love the use of the hardware here, and just enough flowers to make it pretty without getting too far away from the C&S. I'll have to give it a try, using my Prismas over Copics. Hope you've had a glorious weekend and are ready for the new week ahead...hugs...Barb

Denise Gutierrez said...

beautiful card! your coloring looks amazing!

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Love your sense of humour LOL LOL...
Your card is beautiful!!!
This image continues to me one of my favourites :o)
Hugs, Candy
Congratulations for being in the "Spot Light'
today at SN.

Barb said...

Another gorgeous card, Pat! I love the colors you used and the image is darling. Fantastic coloring! The inside is beautiful, too, with those fun papers. You always provide such tasty eye candy!

Ribbon Girl said...

Beautiful card Pat, so glad you're enjoying your well deserved retirement. Mary G x

Kim said...

Pat this is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful card! Thank you so very much for joining us at WOCC!
Hugs~ Kim

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie! Don't you feel upset about not having snow, winter is so cold and icy and messy around here; I would gladly switch places:) Well...that's if you could ensure me there'll be no hurricanes or earthquakes...he he, otherwise, I'd better endure cold weather:)
Oh, and your mixture of copics and pencils looks absolutely fabulous! You succeed to make such a gorgeous smooth gradation of colors. I know, it doesn't make sense...lol... oky, just love your coloring.
Hugs