Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sassy Sally loves leaves...and PINK!

Hello my darlins...It's Tuesday and that means it's time for another fabulous challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog!! The very sweet and talented Miz Dawn is our hostess this week! And once again, since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, she's chosen for our theme...

PINK...with this fantabulous sketch!!


Sooooo...oh yea, I made another shopping trip to Sassy Cheryl's Digis! Let me just say, if you haven't been there lately, you NEED to check it out! Cheryl has been a very busy Sassy Artist!! She's created an entire new line of Sassy Sally images...not to mention the new Lucy Lou collection! Wheeeeee!!  I love 'em all!! Here are just a couple of these new little cuties...


And, once again I found another darling image that I NEEDED RIGHT NOW!! That's the beauty of Sassy Chery's Digis...INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!! And here's what I came up with...a pink "Autumn" card!!! hehehe!


Isn't she so stinkin' cute?? In fact, she's soooo cute, I'm not the ONLY one of Sassy Cheryl's DT to choose her this week! hehehe!! My sweet DT sistah, Cathy, colored her too! All I can say is "great minds think alike!" Way to rock it, Cathy!! Now...this darlin's called "Autumn Bench Sitter" and you can can find her HERE!!


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Kraft paper & DCWV Neutrals
DPs: DCWV Playtime Collection
Die cuts: Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle (Nestabilities)
Ribbon & pearls: My stash
Sentiment: Whimsy Stamps
Leaves & rose: Wild Orchid Crafts


As usual, I colored this darlin' with Copics with a bit of Prismacolor Pencils for richer shading...
E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin)
R20 (cheeks)
E25, 23, 21, 51, YR21 (hair)
R85, 83, 81, RV00, 000 (pinks)
G24, 21, 20 (greens)
E25, 23, 21, 50 (bench)
BG0000 (Shadow)

Here's a peek at the inside...


And, you know I always like to leave you with an "artsy fartsy" image...but before I do that, I thought I'd share a cute little picture of my hubby and your's truly...


He's "fartsy" and I, of course, am "artsy"!! Bwahahaha!! Check out the polka-dot shirt I'm wearing!
Just for you, Miz Sassy Cheryl!! 

Ahhhh...c'mon. You KNOW that's funny stuff! I see that little smirk on your face! hehe! What you don't know is that my sweet hubby actually gave me this little cartoon to post on my blog!! hehehehe!! Is he a hoot, or what?! OK...ready?? Here's the real "artsy fartsy" view...


Alright my sassies, enough silliness...it's time to hop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to check out all the PINK gorgeousness by Sassy Dawn and the rest of Cheryl's talented Sassy DT!!

Then...come join the fun over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Just remember to follow this week's PINK theme and sketch! You don't even have to use a Sassy Cheryl image...tho we love when you do!! Oh, and...don't forget to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's Digis Online Store HERE!! Just think how much fun you'll have shopping!! That's right...do not underestimate the thrill of instant gratification!!

Ruh roh...I almost forgot...I've decided to enter this cutie in the following challenges...

Paper Sundaes - Halloween or Fall
Cute Card Thursday - #186 Tree-mendous (tree/leaves)

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what kind of shenanigans I've been up to!! And...thanks, too, for your very kind comments! They make me smile!! Have a fantastic week, my sassy friends!! Until next time....

20 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

It's not only funny it's down right hilarious and I appreciate you wearing that polka shirt for me 'Artsy'! hee hee.
I LOVE this card Pat! It easily has become my new favorite image. And your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Simply perfect!

Dawn said...

**SPEW ALERT** should have been in your title.. WARNING.... OMGosh, that Artsy Fartsy cartoon is HILARIOUS!!!

Once again, your card is over-the-top AWESOME!! I wanna be you when I grow up!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

I knew you would ROCK this digi in pink!! Just gorgeous Pat!!
Where did you find that picture of me and my hubby??? Bahahahaha! ~jeni :)

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love that image, she is too cute! Fab cartoon too, so funny!
Helen x

Dorcas said...

Hi Pat! I love your pink autumn card, craziest thing is, it REALLY WORKS!!
And OMGoodness that cartoon is too hilarious! It really needs to join my cartoon wall, love it!!

Cathy said...

Okay, once again you did not give the Spew alert warning at the beginning of your post and you OWE me a monitor!!!!! just kidding but your cartoon is a hoot. Love your card and I am still amazed we not only chose the same image and the same colors but am also going with Great minds theory, loves ya Sistah. I LOVE your dp and pearls, and ticket, your embellishments are always soooo perfect. Your cards always amaze me, almost as much as your dialogue. :)

Debbie said...

Pat, I love these muted papers that you are using, and the leaves, where did you find those babies? They are GORGEOUS!!!!

Hugs
Debbie

P.S. Love the picture of you and your hubby

julieprice3 said...

What a gorgeous image, Beautiful card,love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

Christina C. said...

Pat, I want to thank your hubby for that hilarious cartoon.....sooooo funny!!!!
OMG, your card is just gorgeous...love that cute image! Good lord, more stamps to love!!!!!! LOL

Ann English said...

Ah, yes, two great, creative minds...beautiful! I love your card. Stunning! I saw this same cartoon on FB and posted it on my wall- describes my household, too!

jkreucher said...

I so agree with Dawn!! I wanna be like you when I grow up. color and create fantasticaly!!!!
Another totaly amazing work of art this week little sassy sister!
I love every little detail!
Hugs
Judy

Iulia said...

Hey dalin' sorry for not having been around lately. I've been browsing regularly through your blog but decided to come back later with comments as I'm having an issue with my laptop. Dont laugh:) Somehow, my son managed to tear off the N and the space key and they just won't work anymore unless I I try several times and push hard, you know...lol. I'm waiting for hubby to bring to me the other laptop. Will be back soon:)
By the way, you made amazing cards lately. Just have to comment them individually:)
Hugs, Iulia

Jenny said...

Yes! you are right - it is so cute and your card makes this image even cuter. Great colour choice and design. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

JACKIE M said...

Oh Pat you are loopy lol thanks for all the laughs ... I LOVE everything about your card especially all those pearls... stunning :)

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great day, Debxx

Barb Hardeman said...

Hahahaha! The cartoon suits you to a tee! Hubby came up with a real winner this time...OMG your card is so gorgeous! Love those sweet, non-autumn colors you used! These images are so sweet and you really did her up well! Love the way you free handed the pearls! Great job!
Hugs...Barb

Sandy said...

Really cute image Pat - I love her. It's kinda how I picture myself up here surrounded by these gorgeous mountains and all the color right now. By her hair is a lot longer than mine. But it is hard for me to wipe that smirk off my face.
Sandy

Iulia said...

Your cards are not only wonderfully constructed and imaginative in every detail but they are also perfect so there's nothing for us to comment on; nothing to criticize...lol. Never thought of this color combo but I could recognize in a million your style and nuances. It's all so beautiful. Where did you get those leaves? Gotta double check on the WOC site; cause I might have missed them. Love this!

Iulia said...

Oh, and I love your artsy look:) So, your hubby also has a great sense of humour. I bet your life is never dull:)

Linda said...

Yep I sure did miss a lot!!!!! Absolutely magical!!!!! Wow your one talented lady Pat!!!!!