Thursday, October 13, 2011

Paaa rum pum pum pummmm!

Happy Thursday!! So...I'm still working on making Christmas cards...and I'm still having the best time! So, how perfect that, for this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog, my very clever DT sistah, Elaine, has chosen another theme that fits perfectly with my Christmas-Card-Making efforts!! Yep...it's true! Elaine has challenged us to make a paper project ...

 Inspired by a Song

Paaaa rum pum pum pummmm!! So, of course, I chose one of my all time fave Christmas songs...

 
Little Drummer Boy!



I used one of my fave Mo Manning digi images called "Shall I Play For You." Isn't he so dang adorable?!! You can find him HERE at Mo's online store.
 
 
  
Here's my card "recipe"... 
Cardstock: Crumb Cake & Cherry Cobbler (SU)
DPs: "25 Days of Christmas"
Tickets: Whimsy Stamps
Sentiment: SU
Roses, metal filagree corners, & lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
Antique brad: SU 



Here are the Copics used to color this cutie...
 E21, 00, 000, 000 (skin)
R20 (cheeks)
E25, 23, 21, & YR20 (hair)
E09, 07, 02, 01 (reds)
YG97, 95, 93, 91(greens)
E49, 47, 43, 41 (jacket)
E23, 53, 51, 50 (drum & dog)
E23, 21, W1 (ground)
W1 & 0 (shadow)

 
I also added a bit more shading w/Prisma pencils (Marine Green, Tuscan Red, Burnt Sienna, & Dark Umber). Here are a couple of peeks at the inside... 
 
 
Would you like to see an "artsy" view? Of course you would! hehehe!


Oh...and here's the "fartsy" angle...you know...as in "artsy fartsy" view! ( I am so easily amused with myself! LOL!)



 Okey dokey...now you'll want to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE so you can check out the gorgeous creations by my delightfully talented DT sistahs!! Then it's your turn to get busy on your own Mo Manning challenge project!! Just make a card, tag, or 3D project using one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE and HERE)...and come join the fun!! One lucky participant (chosen at random, of course) will receive a $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online store. LUCKY!!! 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges: 
Wild Orchid Challenge - Christmas Fun
CLP - Sketch

 
And...that's it for me. Thanks so much for visiting, my lovelies...and for your sweet comments! Big hugs...until next time....

33 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

ADORABLE! This is my second most favourite Christmas song (O Holy Night being my first) and I just love this image. Stunning soft muted colours and beautiful papers, design layout and embellishment. Gorgeous, Pat! Hugs, Lesley

Martinas Welt said...

What a fantastic and beautiful card! Amazing! And the image is soo cute, too!
Martina

Debbie said...

I guessed one and got it right!!!I love the soft muted tones of this, the lace on the bottom and side is just pefect and the 2 tags are again with that button perfectly placed, even your coloring is soft and muted, you go girlfriend..

Hugs
Debbie

Kimberly said...

WOW!! stunning card. Your coloring, design and all your added detail is perfect...beautiful, tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Linda said...

AWESOME!!!!

PS. You are such a shy introvert. That's what I love about you!

Boxofcolours said...

Oh very good Pat. I wonder if that dog sounds anything like my Westie, Roo. She's never really learnt to bark properly and makes this whiny, howl sound - almost as though she's trying to sing!!! She's a real oddball but we love her!
Hugs
Jane

Christina C. said...

WOW,WOW, WOW....Pat, this is too gorgeous for words! Love this adorable image...it's definitely a "must have". Your coloring,design and details are all amazing. Love to visit your amazing blog and view your phenomenal work!!!!!

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, OH!!! this is tooooo cute. A darling image, and a very lovely layout. Beautiful coloring that brings life to this sweet little boy. Love the ticket sentiment. Very very lovely.
Hugs.

Janette said...

Hi there Pat, Oh boy is this the cutest little boy...just beautiful, your card is stunning and love the embellies so much.....hope you know the song is stuck with me for the day...and it always makes me cry...lol....daft me can not sing a single Christmas Carol without the aid of tears....who knows why...lol..xxxx

Carla S. said...

You never cease to amaze me with your stunning creations, Pat! I absolutely love this! Every detail is perfect and you coloring is exquisite!

Dorcas said...

Wonderful coloring and layout, Pat! I just love how you coordinate all your papers so they all look they were made just for your card. You are da bomb GF

Pop's Cards said...

Fabulous sweetie, gorgeous colours too hugs pops x

Brandi said...

Oh this is beautiful! You are inspiring me to get to work on my Christmas cards! :)

CreaRenata said...

Wow, this looks gorgeous! Love the colours and such sweet image and lovely embellishments.

Hugs,
Renata

Kiki said...

Awwww, Pat, this is sooo fantastic! Love the image and your colouring is simply amazing!!!

Hugs, Kiki

Chrissy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat...love your colouring and fabulous image...the wee dog is so cute...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Catherine said...

I love this - as soon as I saw the challenge title I thought of this stamp and this image!!!! I'm not copying honest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your card is amazing!

Barb said...

Pat, amazing and stunning! The country style colors are so warm and all the lovely details create a vintage look. Gorgeous coloring, as always. hugs!

Wendy - AKA Mrs. B said...

STUNNUNG!! Everything about this card is just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! The layout, embellies, paper choices - all that - BUT... the coloring is OVER-THE-TOP!!! WOWZERS, Pat... wow, wow, wow!

Cathy said...

OMG Pat, I totally forgot about this image and I love it and what you have done with it. I love your colors and all the perfect coloring and embellishments you have chosen. Always look forward to seeing what you have created for our viewing pleasure GF!!!

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
LOVE your card!!!
All of your work is fantastic :o)
Hugs, Candy

Julie said...

Hi Pat. It has been a while since I have had time to stop by. However, I ran across your card on the Mo Manning Challenge blog and just had to comment. Simply Fabulous! I love that image, and your layout is perfection!

Hugz,
Julie

Sue said...

Just darling, and beautifully colored. Love the puppy howling along with the drums!

Hugs
Sue

julieprice3 said...

What a stunning image! Gorgeous Christmas card Pat, I love this one
Hugs Julie P

Anonymous said...

I love your card!
And I could use some boys stamps. They are so gorgeous all the little guys.
I love the inside of your cards.
By the way do we know who won all the beautiful fairy stamps?
Maria V

America said...

You have such a way of combining lovely DPs's with the perfect colors and elements. What a Great card.

Bernadet said...

Wowwwww FABULOUS Mina.
I like the colours of your paper your coloring is absolutly stuning!!

Barb Hardeman said...

How stunning Pat! Love the use of the different dps here and the crocheted lace. The corner adornments are so pretty and as always the flowers are gorgeous. The little ticket sentiments are just perfect! Oh my, your coloring is really breath taking - you get such good rich tones without being too dark. Wow, wow, wow!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Sheila said...

Once again GF, you've blown me away with your awesome creation, I love your style sooo much Pat you are soooo talented my friend, I'm never disappointed when I call on you.
Mwahhhhh
Sheila xx

Iulia said...

I'm simply in love with this card. That's all I can say. Lucky for me, I guess I'm having those papers, so I'm gonna copy it exactly...lol:)
Hugs

Stampin Mindy said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love this image and your coloring is amazing. Such beautiul details.
Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.

Hugs, Mindy

Chelsea said...

Wonderful card with beautiful details. A great take on the Sketch. Thanks for joining us at CLP Challenge, hope to see you on our next challenge.

Hugs and Love.

Stampin'Piper said...

Such a lovely card! Wonderful colors!

Thanks so much for joining us at CLP this month!

Hugs Tanja