Thursday, October 20, 2011

Big Hair!


Please scroll down to see my latest
Sugar Bowl project!

Hi again, my sweet friends! I'm pretty excited because it's time for another challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And...today's card is for my daughter, Amy, who will be 39 years-old in a few short weeks...and she'll be needing a fun little birthday card! Wheeeeee!! Like I need an excuse to break out my Mo Manning images!! hehehe!! Which brings us back to this week's fun challenge!! The very talented and extremely sweet Elaine is out hostess once again this week...and she's challenged us all to make a paper project using a...

FAVORITE Mo Manning image
with a sentiment!

So I chose this delightful little Mo Manning image called "Penelope's Party Wagon" ...


I've always loved li'l Penelope...maybe because she reminds me just a little bit of Amy when she was younger. Amy used to stand in front of the mirror and complain that she had "big hair"'! Hehehe!! It always made me smile! Penelope makes me smile too...and she definitely has "big hair"! hehehe! Seriously...isn't she sooooo adorable?!! You can find her HERE at Mo's online store.


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Blushing Bride and Chocolate Chip (SU)
DPs: Lost & Found, "Madison Avenue"
Tickets: Whimsy Stamps
Inside sentiment: Just Rite Stamps
Flowers & lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
Copics & Prismacolor pencils
Nestabilities dies

Here's a peek at the inside...


And, last but not least....


So...now I'd love for you to head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE so you can check out the gorgeous projects by my very talented Design Teamies!! Then, we'd love for you to make your own Mo Manning challenge project and join the fun!! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE)! One lucky participant (chosen at random, of course) will receive a $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online store.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
CLP - Sketch (I turned the sketch on its side)

And...that's it for me. Thanks so much for stopping by, my sweet friends...and for your kind comments! Big hugs...until next time....

30 comments:

Fiona said...

wow Pat...STUNNING!!

Fi
x

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Wow.. the detail on this card is amazing.... Holy... love it totally!

Dawn B. said...

Penelope never looked so good. My daughter used to say that too. They will appreciate that big hair when they get older. Your coloring is beautiful Ms. Pat.

Dena said...

I just get so excited when you post a card!!!!! OMG your daughter will love this! (I can't believe you have a 39 yr. old). I think I must need to give you my birthday too so you can start working on mine hahah! JK
This big hair was all the rage in the 80's haha remember? You did an awesome job on all the beautiful details and LOVE the big bow and the cotton lace on the edge.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Dena

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, Delicious! Awesome, the pink and chocolate combo is happy and so exquisite. LOve Penelope, she is tooo cute. Gorgeous pink bow, and love telittle sentiments in ticke shapes.
Beautiful
Have a nice day!

Dorcas said...

Another one of my favorites, and I just love to color Penelope's "big hair". LOL Your daughter will love this, what an awesome card!

Carla S. said...

Fabulous card, Pat! Love the papers and all the beautiful embellishments you added! This is such a great Mo's image and of course, you've colored it expertly!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Great card - love the layout and accessories! I had to smile reading your post as my entire life I have wished for just one day of waking up with "big hair"!

Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Debbie said...

My hair looks like that today!!!! Your daughter is going to love this...Love the pinks and all the gorgeous embellies you used. I too look forward to your posts, you always surprise me and this is no exception.

Hugs
Debbie

fairysparkle said...

Wow Pat this is just stunning i love all of your creations ,you are so talented x

Christina C. said...

You do such a spectacular job with those adorable Mo images. This birthday card is pure magic...can't think of a more perfect tribute to your daughter on her special day!

Kathy Bradley said...

I can always count on your blog to give me a smile! I love your fun comments and your totally gorgeous cards! This card is just wonderful - as is your perfect coloring - big hair and all!! Thanks for sharing!!
Kathy.

Sandy said...

I swear Pat, you make the prettiest cards. It should be against the law to be as talented as you. I have this image too and love her. You did one spectacular coloring job especially on her hair. Getting ready to go to my daughter's and I know you will be going soon too. What fun to be with the grands on Halloween.
Sandy

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE all the layers and beautiful papers! And of course your stunning coloring which always blows me away! Love it!!! (and so will your daughter!) Have a great weekend, Pat!!
hugs, Sharon

Mau xx said...

Wow!!! this is Gorgeous Pat, your daughter will love it. your work is amazing xx

Elaine L. said...

Wow, Pat! This is over-the-top gorgeous! All the lush details are beautiful...love everything about it!

Cathy said...

Well, my sweet Pat, you have out done yourself with this little darlin all done in pink. Your daughter will absolutely love it. The embellishments are perfect as always and all the pinks , roses, pearls and ribbons are gorgeous. The inside is just as precious as the outside.

Barb said...

It is so hard to pick a favorite out of Mo's catalog, but I must say that Penelope with all that hair is way up at the top of the list. Gorgeous coloring and composition. And all those yummy embellies and flowers. Out of this world! Your daughter will keep this one forever!

Iulia said...

Awesome card, Pat! Your daughter will be delighted; ;love, care and attention are all so transparent in this card. Can't believe your daughter is 39. Wow! Then she must have been a teenager when this kind of hair was so trendy:)
Amazing coloring as usual and so many beautiful details. And once again, you are the master of bows too:)
Hugs

JustYolie said...

LOL I love all that hair!! Your card is a work of ART!!!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is so STUNNING love the colours, i dont know how i am to choose for this challenge, each and every one of Mo's images are my fave, geez this will be the hardest challenge ever hugs pops x

Barb Hardeman said...

How absolutely fabulous, Pat! My eldest daughter turned 39 in August and she didn't get a home made card! Your card is beyond beautiful, the pink and brown combo is stunning! Love those dp's and your lace, flowers and tickets are delightful! Your daughter will want to keep this card on display for the whole year!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Linda said...

Wow pat this is stunning!!!! the design the colors the papers Wow what an excellent creation!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

Ellie said...

Beautiful creation Pat. Another one of my Mo favorites. Love the pink yo used. So pretty and girly.

Sheila said...

Ohh blimey GF what can I say about this sewwtie that I haven't said before about all your gorgeous creations!!, as per normal when I hop over to your blog I am at a loss for words!!.
This is yet another Pat beauty! your daughter is going to love it sweetie.
Hugsfrom over the pond
Sheila xx.
P.S I'm hoping for greatness next week you know :-) xx..rofl.
.

Chelsea said...

Hi Pat, all I can say is Gorgeous!!! A great take on the Sketch. Thanks for joining us at CLP Challenge, hope to see you on our next challenge.

Hugs and Love.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely, Pat! Beautiful colour work! Fabulous colour choice. Great sideways sketch! And i love your pretty embellishment! Hugs, Lesley

Elise said...

Whoa, this is GOR-GEOUS! Love your colouring, and all the sweetest details you've added! Absolutely STUNNING! Thank you so much for joining us at CLP!

Hugs,
Elise

creativchen said...

Dear Pat,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Ineke van den Akker said...

Super! This is a MASTERPIECE! Well done!