Thursday, October 27, 2011

36th b-day celebration!

Hi sweet friends!! As you read this, I'll actually be in sunny Arizona hanging out with my three fabulous kids and FIVE adorable grandkiddos!! Wheeee! And, thanks to the magic of the internet and Blogger, I can still invite you to join me for another fun-filled challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Our hostess this week is my very talented friend and DT sister, Elaine! I think Miz Elaine wants us all to start gearing up for the upcoming holiday season because for this week's challenge, she's chosen the theme...

Any holiday or celebration!!

How perfect is that?! Well...while I'm on a mission to get my Christmas cards made and mailed early, I just had to take a wee break and make a fun card for my son, Andy (a.k.a. AJ), who just celebrated his 36th birthday! Old man!! hahaha! But...despite his advanced years, he still likes to pretend he's young! He's on a basketball league...and can still dunk like he did in high school!! You go, babe!! So...here's the card I made for my handsome boy....


Hey...I was just thinking...does this qualify for Clean & Simple? (I just don't give up, do I?! LOL!) This card was such fun...even though there are no bows or flowers! hehehe! Mo had the PERFECT digi image for my card. I swear, it's like she had a photo of Andy when she created Slam Dunk! You can find this cutie in Mo's online store HERE.


I used some fun "Scrabble" - like wooden tiles for his name...and a cute little basketball brad (both from my local craft store) to add some pizazzzzzz!


Here's the rest of my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up)
DPs: My Mind's Eye - Breaking Free collection & The Paper Studio's Basketball texture
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley
Spellbinders Circle & Square Nestabilities
And LOTS of Foam Dimensionals

Here's a pic that show's the 3-D effect...


Here are the Copics & Prismacolor pencils used to color this handsome,
(yet no doubt sweaty & stinky) guy...

E21, 00, 000, 000, & Peach, Light Peach (skin)
R20  & nectar (cheeks)
E25, 23, 21, YR21, & Burnt Sienna (hair)
B95, 93, 91, 000, 0000, & Indigo Blue (blues)
E99, 97, 95, 93, Burnt Sienna & Mineral Orange (ball)
C1 (socks)
C4, 2, 1, & Indigo Blue (Basket rim)
W2, 0, 00 (shadows)

Here's a peek at the inside...talk about clean and simple!! That thingie on the top is a gift card holder! 


And one last pic for good measure (I know, I went a bit overboard with photos!)... 


Now I'd love for you to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to see what my DT sistahs have created this week for your viewing pleasure! Then it's your turn to get busy on your own Mo Manning challenge project!! Just make a card, tag, or 3D project using one (or more) of Mo Manning images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE and HERE)...and come join the fun!! And who knows...you may just win a $5.00 credit for Mo's digi store! Remember...you can't win of you don't play!

** I've decided to enter this cutie into Anything Goes - Challenge #52 - "To the Letter"

And...there ya have it!! Thanks so much for visiting, and for your kind comments! I'm off to do some fun stuff with my grandkiddos! Big hugs...until next time....

23 comments:

PepPop said...

Fab card Pat. Love the brad and the Scrabble tiles.
Hope you have a great holiday.
Jaqui x

Nicola said...

Perfect male card Pat, love the details and great dimension! hope your son has a fab birthday and that you enjoy your holiday!
Love Nicola xxx

Dawn B. said...

Pat this is fabulous. Your son is going to love this. I wish I could just run up and down a court still. Great job on this card. I hope you have a great time with your kids. I miss mine so much. Hugs and love.

Carla S. said...

This is fabulous, Pat! What a great card for your son! I love the paper, the layout and details (especially those Scrabble tiles)! Terrific design! Have a wonderful time with the kids and grandkids!

Debbie said...

This is perfect for AJ, and as far as clean and simple goes, this is just perfect, love the scrabble letters.

Hope you are soaking up some sunshine and are enjoying the family.

Hugs
Debbie

Barb said...

Pat, fantastic card for a guy! Your son will love this!! As for CAS? Not even for you, girlfriend!! I love all your details and layers! Never change! Hugs!

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is perfect, Pat! I love your letter tiles, and your colouring is fantastic! Happy Birthday to your son :)

Gretha said...

Woww, this is gorgeous.
Love the image, your coloring is perfect.
I love the tiles and brad.
Hugs Gretha

Molecraft said...

fabulous image Pat and love those scrabble tiles!
Helen x

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Gorgeous card I love the lettering and all your embellies.

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge blog this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Click Here to enter
Hugs
Tamara
Anything goes DT

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
I am so easy to enable - I've decided that image will be perfect for my grandson - as he plays basketball for his high school. Your card, as always, is wonderful - the coloring, embellies and layouts - love your blog!!! Hugs, Kathy.

Linda said...

Lots of popped up layers make this one heck of a birthday card. Hapy B-Day AJ

Iulia said...

Hey darlin'! I'm guessing you are having a wonderful time by now with your grandkiddos, I'm happy for you; plus you have sun- wow, I wish we had that too:) and you are a lucky Mom to a 36 yr old handsome boy. Now, what else would somebody need?
Your card is gorgeous and I'm guessing AJ is drooling over it right now. I guess there's too much attention to details so I cannot qualify it as CAS, but keep trying sweetie...lol.
Love that brad who matches perfectly the ball and the wooden letters. This image is perfect and beautifully colored. What else can I say? Well done!
Make sure you put one some sunscreen while there:)
Hugs, IUlia

Cathy said...

Hey Sweet Pat, you have a wonderful time in AZ. YOur card is wonderful, love the scrabble tiles and brad, I actually bought tiles off ebay...OCD at its best then bought a cabinet so they could be alphabetized.LOL I share... Absolutely awesome as alwayw my dear!!!!

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie love your colours and design, stunning hugs pops x

Betsy said...

What a great guy card! I love the papers you've used! Just a beautiful card!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loved all of your makes, Pat! This one is fabulously dimensional! Hope you are having a great time in Arizona with your family! It's raining in Florida!!!! Hugs Lesley

Barb said...

Love this card! I'm new to your blog and just love your creations. I don't miss a chance to visit and see what great things you've done!

Panagiota said...

Gorgeous male card Pat I love every thing about it especially the colors ahd the cute details!

Heather Huggins said...

This is an awesome boy card..

Dawn Knapp said...

Another awesome card Pat! I always love everything you do. Have a wonderful time with your family! =)

fairysparkle said...

Pat i love this as always you have made a perfect card for a man .Have fun while you are away with your family x

Elaine L. said...

Pat, this card is phenomenal! I love the way you've colored the image, and the layout is WOW! All those layers are fantastic!