Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Patchwork Christmas...

Please scroll down to see my newest 
Sugar Bowl DT project...

Hi again, my darlins!! I have been busy busy busy making Christmas cards...and having the best time! Y'know what's best about winter holiday cards?? SPARKLE!!! The more the better! YAY!!

So, for this week's fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog, my incredibly fun and talented DT sistah, Elaine, has chosen the coolest theme...

"Patchwork"

Hmmmm...this challenge would totally lend itself to some cool stitching, don'tcha think?? Well, since I haven't quite gotten around to taking my sewing machine out of its hermetically sealed package, I decided to find some fun "patchwork-looking" DPs...and just added some fabulous "imaginary" stitching!! hehehe! So...what'cha think?


I used one of Mo Manning's newest digi images called "Ragged Angel." I don't generally "do" angels...but I made an exception for this sweetheart...I just love her! And I think she's perfect with this fun "Vintage Christmas" paper! "Ragged Angel" is available from Mo's digi online store HERE.


Here's my card "recipe"...
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla 
  • DPs: The Paper Studio's "Vintage Christmas" Collection
  • Ribbon, pearls, & charm: stash
  • Sentiments: SU
  • Dies/Punches: Magnolia Doohickey Vintage Tag, Nestabilities rectangle, & Memory Box loopy circle thingies and tree
  • Roses, metal filagree corners, & reindeer: Wild Orchid Crafts
  • Polar White Flower Soft
  • Stickles


Here are the Copics used to color this little sweetheart...

  • E21, 00, 000, 000 (skin)
  • R20 (cheeks)
  • E25, 23, 21, & YR20 (hair)
  • Apron: E51 & 50
  • Reds: E08, 07, 02
  • Greens: YG97, 95, 93, 91
  • Shadow: B0000 

I also added a bit more shading w/Prisma pencils. Here's a peek at the inside...


And, just one more "artsy" shot...

Okey dokey...now you'll want to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE so you can check out the gorgeous creations by my delightfully talented DT sistahs!! Then it's your turn to get busy on your own Mo Manning challenge project!! Just make a card, tag, or 3D project using one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE and HERE)...and come join the fun!! One lucky participant (chosen at random, of course) will receive a $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online store. LUCKY!!!

I'm thinkin' about entering this card into the following challenges:
And...that's it for me. Thanks so much for visiting, my sweet friends...and for your very kind comments! Big hugs...until next time....

36 comments:

Judi said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL work Pat! Love everything about it.

Judi x

Boxofcolours said...

OK I've finished oohing, aahing and now feel completely inadequate - that card is beyond awesome my friend!

Hugs
Jane

Kerri said...

Fantastic...amazing..as you have guessed I love it..thks for sharing

Sam Barry said...

This card is amazing, truly stunning on every level. I adore the image and your attention to detail.

Dena said...

Ok Pat, I'm sitting her scrolling through my bloglist and WOW this card just jumps off the page! I'm not kidding! This is a masterpiece and I LOVE the coloring on it and the tiny bits of gold here and there!!! Very, very pretty!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn B. said...

It must take you hours to create a card. So much love in your creations. This has such a vintage feel. Great card and such a beautiful card.

Dorcas said...

You mean to tell me that you HAVE a sewing machine you just haven't UNWRAPPED it yet??? Are you KIDDING me?? I tell you truthfully, a machine would take TONS less time than even your most fastest faux stitches.
But you did great.:-)
Your coloring is AMAZING! ANd you have such a knack for combining papers and embellishments.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my frickin' word!!! Girlfriend, my jaw is still on the floor!!! This card is spectacular!!!!! The colors, your coloring, each and every wonderful and amazing detail, the texture, everything!! Love, love, love it!!! You're amazing!
hugs, Sharon

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Pat! I love the papers and by now, you probably know I love the image! Your coloring is phenomenal and the design details are just amazing! After seeing yours, I wanted to throw mine out, but I posted it anyway - lol!

Whimcees said...

Wow!

This is one awesome card! I think it is the most perfect use of accessories that I have seen and the coloring is lovely!

Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Sandy said...

Gorgeous - I luv her!! Wonderful art work Pat!
Sandy

Debbie said...

I am drooling all over my iPad and it's not a pretty sight girlfriend!!! OMG!!!! This is just drop dead GORGEOUS!!!! The retirement is really serving you well, each card is better than the last, this one is just OMG, I am at a lose for words...I love it!!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Lin said...

OMG I don't think I even have the words to describe how gorgeous this is. Your colouring is A-MAZ-ING!

Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

heidy said...

Oh wow Pat,this is breathtaking gorgeous!
Hugs Heidy

Fiona said...

wow Pat...what an amazing card!!

Fi
x

Sassy Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS Pat. You're amazing.

Kiki said...

Wow, wow, wow - this is simply stunning!!! The image is so cute and your colouring is really amazing!!!

Hugs, Kiki

Christina C. said...

GASP....OMG.........Pat, this is a spectacular Christmas card!!!!!!!!!
I adore this precious image (will have to check it out carefully...new stamp???) and you colored and showcased it MAGNIFICENTLY!

Christina C. said...

Pat, I love that ribbon with the gold edging.....did it come that way or did you apply gold stickles?

Molecraft said...

Stunning card Pat, fabulous papers and gorgeous image , I'm with you on angels generally but she is definitely an exception!
Helen x

J said...

Lovely colours and beautifully coloured and put together. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers this week...

Good Luck!

Jackie

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
Your card is just so gorgeous and adorable. I love all of your embellies,layout and coloring. I just popped over and bought this image and the little street urchin too - I can't help myself - they are wonderful images! Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen said...

Wow!! This is so stunning, I love everything about it, the image, the papers, your colouring all are just fab!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat xx

Kelly Neis said...

This is my kind of card, So Gorgeous and the papers look perfectly stitched just as you intended. I think the inside really show off the vintage feel and warmth it gives. Your coloring is so beautiful.

Cathy said...

Pat, I absolutely love what you have done with this image, every single thing you added is just the most perfect touch and absolutely makes this the most gorgeous card I have ever seen. I just want to know where I can get one of the Loopy Circle Thingies LOL, I couldn't resist. Love ya, GF!!!

Frideborg said...

Lovely! So adorable that image and all the colors just fit so nice together with the gold.

Hugs from me

Danielle said...

OMG... Pat if you don't normally do angels, you did this cutie to perfection, your card is totally adorable. I love all of it. So much attention to each little details, love that embossed tag sticking out, that little wodden raindeer, the fabulous flowers, the oH! so petty ribbon and charm, and your divine coloring of this wonderful image, she is on my wish list...
Have a beautiful day.
Hugs.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, wow this is just stunning hugs pops x

Joanie said...

Gorgeous image and the colouring is fab, thank you for joining us at Anything Goes, Joanie

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, you really "DID" this angel. She is gorgeous! I love the colors that you used to make another stunning card.

Scrapcat 1 said...

that is just stunning, love the papers the colouring everything in fact!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and we hope to see you again soon.

Barb Hardeman said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...every where I go-o-o!
Yeah Mama! This is too sweet for words...this new image by Mo is fabulous! Love the vintage looking dp and the gorgeous glittery ribbon with charm. Beautiful embellies and perfectly finished on the inside too! Man, you really rock!
Hugs,
Barb

Cheryl said...

There aren't enough words to describe how much I love this card. It is a real work of art. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Grenouille Greetings said...

So many lovely makes! This one is a particular beauty. Love this image! Love your colouring! Love the deer, dear! Gorgeous! Hugs, Lesley

America said...

WOWWWWWWWWWW in every exquisite detail. TOTALLY amazing. LOVE IT!

Sheila said...

OMG!!! Pat this is just so beautiful my friend, your colour work is amazing!!! Like everyone else I'm drooling away looking at, I love the vintage look to it my it's awesome!!!.
Hugs
Sheila xx