Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sally's shakin' it at Sassy Cheryl's


If you're looking for my latest Magnolia-licious DT project, please scroll down...

Hello again, my lovelies...it's time for another fabulous challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog!! The very sweet and talented Sassy Dawn is our "hostess with the mostest" again this week! And she's chosen a fabulous photo to inspire us all...oh...and, because it's October...we're still using PINK to support Breast Cancer Awareness!! Here's the photo...it's sooo cooooooool!!


So...la de da...a shopping I did go! Why? Well, three reasons...one, I can't help myself...two, there are so many fabulous NEW images over at Sassy Cheryl's Digi online store...and three, I NEED THEM ALL!! hehehe!! Here's my card for this week...hope you enjoy.... 


You may recognize "Sassy Sally"...she's one of Sassy Cheryl's little cuties. This one is called "The Forgotten Gift" and she's available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's. I love that facial expression...it just cracks me up!! hehehe!!  


I decided to focus on the fun patterns in Dawn's inspiration photo...so I pulled out this gorgeous DP from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses collection. I love these papers...they're such fun! And...since our granddauther, Sophie, has a birthday right around Christmas, I thought they'd be perfect for her birthday card! Soph will be 6 years old!! Here's a pic...she just lost her first tooth! Do ya think she'll be calling Sassy Sally "Thathy Thally"?! LOL!!


Isn't Soph a doll?!! We sure think so!! She told me that she wants a mustache for Christmas because she thinks it will help her perfect her British accent! hehehe!! So, of course, we bought her a mustache! LOL! Hopefully I'll have a pic of Soph with her mustache for next's week's post! hehehe!! OK...enough silliness... back to my card...I thought it would be fun to make another shaker card...so I pulled out a cool little self-adhesive shaker pouch from Impression Obsession...and added some teensy little glass beads. Instant CUTE!!


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Blushing Bride & Garden Green (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Eskimo Kisses (Basic Grey)
Die cuts: Oval & Scalloped Oval (Nestabilities)
Ribbon, pearls, beads, & c harm: My stash
Sentiment: LOTV and Stampin' Up
Roses, leaves, & metal corner (heat embossed ): Wild Orchid Crafts
Cuttlebug "Birthday Wishes" Embossing folder

Here's a peek at the inside...which I kept fairly Clean & Simple (see...I really DO try doing the C&S thing!! This qualifies, right?!)...


As usual, I colored this darlin' with Copics with a bit of Prismacolor Pencils for richer shading...
E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin)
R20 (cheeks)
E19, 18, 17, 15, 13, 11, 25, 23, YR21 (hair)
R85, 83, 81, RV00, 000 (pinks)
BG72, 70, 10, 000, 0000 (blue-greens)
G24, 21, 20 (greens)
BG0000 (Shadow)

And...one final fabulous foto ...er, I mean "photo"...for your viewing pleasure...


Alright my sassy friends...it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to check out all the PINK deliciousness by Miz Dawn and the rest of my Sassy DT sistahs!!

Then...come join the fun! Just remember to follow this week's PINK theme using Dawn's photo for inspiration! You don't even have to use a Sassy Cheryl image...tho we love when you do!! Oh, and...don't forget to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's Digis Online Store HERE!!

Oh...I've decided to enter this cutie in the following challenge...
Paper Sundaes - Distress & Bow

Thanks so much for visting!! And...for your sweet and sassy comments! I love 'em all! Have a fantastic week! Mwahhhh...until next time....

20 comments:

Debbie said...

How funny about Sophie, glad Halloween is right around the corner. You should find tons of mustaches. I can see her with a handlebar one..That should do help her with her British accent!!

Now your card my sweet sorthern friend is just beautiful, I love the corner and the pearls that you added not only to the corner, but to the button on you bow as well. You go girlfriend.

Hugs
Debbie

Mau xx said...

Pat this is Gorgeous, it is such a perfect reflection of those plates. I love the paper and the image is so cute...love it.
Sophie is a little poppet so sweet, and my birthday is near christmas too and my sister 2days after me...poor mum had an expensive time. xxx

Sassy Cheryl said...

A STUNNING card for Sophie! She's going to LOVE IT! I know I do! It's beautiful Pat! And the inside is just as amazing as the image. LOVE IT!

Dena said...

You know, I have never gone to this Sassy Cheryl's site before, but after seeing this amazing piece of art, I must go see! haha! You have showcased this sweet image perfectly and love your granddaughters picture!! Thanks for sharing all your talents with us!!!! Love it Pat!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn said...

Thofie will tho love it!! Itth totally adorable!! love all the little theed beadth too!

Angela said...

Awe your granddaughter is adorable, Pat! And what a beautiful card this is! Such a sweet image and so beautifully colored. Love your papers and design too. Have a great day, hugs, Angela

PepPop said...

Gorgeous card Pat and love your take on the picture. The papers match perfectly.
LOL at your granddaughter - can't wait to see the mustache pic
Jaqui x

Ann English said...

Sophie is a cutie or sure and I know she I'll adore this card! I sure do! You put me to shame with your beautifully insisted interiors. I think I need to work on that! Pat, your work is seriously beautiful. I fear you might get me booted off this extraordinary team!

jkreucher said...

Oh My Goodness Pat! I am always amazed that the inside of your cards look at fantastic as the outside!!
thassy thally looks so darling. just like your little sweetie!
love your colors and your take on Dawn's fun inspiration pic..
everything came together perfectly!
huts'Judy

Cathy said...

Love your adorable Sassy Sally card for your adorable Sophie, she will love it, Can't wait to see her in the moustache. Enjoy your trip to see the kids.
As always your card is drop dead gorgeous outside and in.

Cathy said...

Love your adorable Sassy Sally card for your adorable Sophie, she will love it, Can't wait to see her in the moustache. Enjoy your trip to see the kids.
As always your card is drop dead gorgeous outside and in.

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, I just love what the photo inspired you! OH!!! so so petty. Perfect choice of paper for this cutie. Love the shaker card style, and I am certain Sophie will love too. Gorgeous inside.
beautiful

Molecraft said...

Really pretty card Pat, I am sure she will love it!
Helen x

Denise Gutierrez said...

She is going to love this card! especially because its a SHAKER card! Great card Pat!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Thuper, thuper card Pat!! Thopie will adore it. Love the little shaker and beads. Beautiful coloring as always. ~jeni :)

Linda said...

With a smile like Sophie has, she well-deserves this fabulous Birthday Card.

Crystal said...

What a fabulous card! I absolutely love the layout both inside & out and all your embellishments are beautiful too. I love the embossed panel on the inside too! Thanks for joining us over at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for joining in our fun at Paper Sundaes this week. I love the papers and the image and and and .. it all looks fabulous!

Heather Huggins said...

Very pretty!! Love the corner thing.

fairysparkle said...

Now this is just adorable Pat you have made a really cute card .The papers are fab and everything is perfect x