Monday, October 24, 2011

Sugar Nellie DT Monday

Hey sweet friends! Welcome to my Sugar Nellie DT Monday! I hope you had a fantabulous weekend...and that you had a chance to play a bit in your craftrooms! I spent the better part of both Saturday and Sunday in my craftroom...and had the best time creating and listening to "Oldies but Goodies" on my radio!!

Oh...and...speaking of  "Oldies but Goodies"...I thought it might be fun to pull out and ink up one of my older Sugar Nellie stamps...so, allow me to introduce...Little Miss "Sitting Pretty." She's from Sugar Nellie's "Home Grown Manga" collection...available HERE at Funky Kits.


This card started out as "Clean and Simple" ...as soooo many do! But, as you can see, while it was certainly very SIMPLE to make...it doesn't look all that CLEAN! In fact, I would say it leans a little towards FUSSY! So...let's call it "Simple and Fussy," shall we? hehehe!! But I like it just the same! Hope you do too...


Here's my "Recipe":
Cardstock: White and "Night of Navy" (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Bo Bunny's "Midnight Frost" Collection
Sentiments: Whimsy (front) & Inkadinkado (inside)
Punches & Dies: MS snowflake & Nestabilities
MS Coarse Glitter
Doily, ribbon, pearls: my stash
Glossy accents (for her shoes)


Copics & Prismacolor Pencils used to color this cutie:
E21, 00, 000, 0000 w/Peach & Lt. Peach pencils (skin)
R20 w/Nectar pencil (cheeks)
E19, 28, 17, 15, 13, 11, 25, 23 w/Dark Brown & Sienna Brown pencils (hair)
B99, 97, 95, 93, 91, 0000 w/Indigo Blue pencil: (blue jumper & soles of shoes)
B91, 0000 (blue stripes in shirt)
R85, 83, 81, RV000 w/Magenta pencil (pinks)

Here's a peek at the very simple inside (it's just DP...no embellies! YIKES!!!!)...


And, of course...one last view...


Okey dokey...that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie "masterpiece"! And a special thanks for your sweet comments...they really make me smile! Hugsssss...until next time....

10 comments:

Maya said...

OMG!!! This is gorgeous, Pat!!
Love the colors, the fab details and you have colored the girl perfectly ♥
Hugs from Maya.

Sharon said...

I just love your blue and silver card Pat and must say that the inside is one of the most spectacular that I have seen so far. Wow! hugs Sharon

Dena said...

Pat, whether clean or fussy (haha) your cards are always PERFECT! Love the beautiful blue with all the pretty snowflakes! Another wonderful piece of work sweetie!!!
Hugs, Dena

Sharon Caudle said...

Hey chicklet!! Another gorgeous creation!! Love the blue and white with the glittery snowflakes! She super cute and of course you've colored her perfectly! Stunning work! have a great week!
hugs, Sharon

Debbie said...

You still have a "radio", some kids might ask what's that, lol... love your "clean & fussy" card it really is stunning my southern belle. But, I noticed, the cleaner they get, the fussier they get, better get busy making boxes..lol...anyway, Looks like we had similar weekends, I enjoyed crafting as well. Take a peek will be uploading the other one when I get home from work tonight. Ta ta for now sweet sistah!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Wow Pat, what a beauty!!! Love all the embellishments and sparkle. Glad you didn't keep it clean and simple, we would have missed out. Lol
~jeni :)

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, I loooooove your card, with all the snow! this little image is very cute, beautiful coloring. The embossed background and the pearl doco are stunning. Just beautiful all over!
Have a nice day.

Barb Hardeman said...

How gorgeous is this??? I love the blue and white combo and your snow flakes are so pretty and sparkly! What a darling image, so beautifully colored and the dp on the inside is stunning! Fabulous job on this card Pat...hugs...Barb

Molecraft said...

Simply gorgeous Pat, love the image and beautiful embellishments!
Helen x

Sandy said...

Super pretty - love the colors!!!! We leave tomorrow to go trick or treating with the kids - I know you are already treating with your grand kids!! Thinking of you!!
Sandy