Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"Under the Sea" Sneak Peek - Day 2

Happy Tuesday, my "sugar" lovin' friends!! Wasn't yesterday's "mini" Blog Hop such fun?! And have you already fallen in love with Sugar Nellie's little "Under the Sea" stamp? I know I have!! Well, get ready 'cuz today is Day TWO of Sugar Nellie's "Under the Sea" Mini Blog Hop. Remember, we're also having mini blog hops tomorrow (Wednesday) and Friday this week!! AND, these little cuties go on sale at Funky Kits on Friday, August 3rd at 10:00 a.m. GMT! So be sure to mark your calendars . . . and set your alarm clocks!!
Okey dokey . . . let's get a move on, shall we? If you've arrived here from my lovely and incredibly talented Design Team "sistah," Michele, then you are definitely right where you're supposed to be!! If not, then you'll want to start this fabulous Sugar Nellie "mini" hop HERE . . . at the beginning, as they say!! And, just in case you get lost along the way, here's today's "Mini Blog Hop" order . . .
Michele
Pat (that's me . . . and you are here! hehe!) 

Now . . . are ya ready to see my version of "Ocean's Gift"? Well, wait no more, my lovelies!!
I decided to keep this card pretty simple . . . because I wanted to really showcase this gorgeous little mermaid and her seahorse friend!! I must thank my sweet friend and DT sister, Astrid, for giving me the idea to use a real pearl (well, a real "faux" pearl) for the image's pearl! Thanks Astrid! I totally stole this brilliant idea from you...and I will definitely steal it again! You ROCK, girlfriend! hugs!!
These papers are delicious, don't you agree? So soft and muted. I love 'em!! Here's another side view . . . 
My card "recipe" . . . 
Calypso Coral & Melon Mambo cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Fairy Flora" by Prima
Fleur de lis Rectangle dies: Spellbinders
Pearls: My stash
Chandelier glass: Magnolia
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment: (front) Whipper Snapper; (inside) my stash
Copics only this time!
A peek at the inside . . . 
 And, of course, the  "artsy" angle . . . 
Now I hope you've been leaving my talented DT sisters lotsa love (i.e., comments) along the way . . . because, don't forget, several lucky blog hoppers (selected at random from the comments) will receive some fabulous Sugar Nellie prizes!

OK . . . your next stop along the way is right back to the beginning HERE at Sugar Nellie's Blog to leave one last "Mini Blog Hop" comment!! Remember? PRIZES! 

Thanks so much for "hopping" by! Hugs . . . until tomorrow . . . when we'll all be back with another darling new "Under the Sea" image to share with you!!
post signature

52 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous sweetie ♥

Mieke Duckers said...

What a wonderfull card you've made! Even the inside looks gorgeous! And the little mermaid is so very pretty!
Hugs, Mieke untill tomorrow!

Kate said...

Great card, love the bright colours.

** Kate **

Jessica said...

Another stunning card!! Lovely colours and design!! And the new image is soooo cute!!

Hugsss


Jessica

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful card Pat, such strikiking colouring, and a fabulous layout. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Stunning card the colours are gorgeous. Marlene

Suzi said...

Another masterpiece Pat. I love your design and the use of those pearls are perfect. Stunning work yet again.
Hugs
Suzi x

ulrike said...

Stunning card, love the beautiful colors and the frame around the cute image.

Mary J said...

Beautiful inside and out Pat!

Chrissy said...

She is just beautiful Pat, fabulous colouring and just love this image..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Loopylou. said...

ooooh pat!! oh wow!! tjose papers are just perfect with her!! I love this card hun!
hugs Lou xxx

Erika said...

Hello lovely lady Pat, another stunning card from you as always fab colour combo, hugs Erika.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

She is so beautiful and your card is gorgeous.

Mojca said...

Waw beautiful papers and great design. I just love this image so much and you colored it so beautifully. Hugs! Mojca

rachel said...

wow wow wow - this is just gorgeous xx

Lisa said...

I love the simpleness of the card, it makes the image stand out. Lovely xx

A Casa di Ale said...

MOLTO BELLA LA TUA CARD BELLI I COLORI SCELTI

CIAO DA ALE

Dena said...

I'm thinking these are super cute images!! The pearl in her hand is a great idea and LOVE the papers your used. I always love bright papers!!!
Gorgeous Pat!
Hugs, Dena

Juny84 said...

A sweet Imgage and your Card ist gregorius !!!!

Greetings, Jenny

caroline said...

simply stunning i just love it

caroline woodhall

christi said...

i love the coral colors that are in your card. they blend so well with the sea image. beautiful coloring. i love the inside too.

MereteN said...

beautiful papers and great design of youre card.
I love this stamsps.
Merete

M.J. Rutledge said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the image, the papers, the coloring, everything,

Michelle R.

Karen said...

i've seen many beautiful cards on this hop Pat and yours is another one that i love! gorgeous use of colour, papers and embellishments are all perfect hugs Karen x

Debbie said...

Stunning as always my little pretty... Love the color combo, and the pearl in her hand is sheer genius!!! OMG your just talent never ceases to amaze me girlfriend....

Hugs
Debbie

Ea Christiansen said...

I love your use of embellishment - just gorgeous. Can't wait to see what we'll see tomorrow :o)
Hugz
Ea

~ Ali ~ said...

Simply gorgeous PAt, love love love it

Ali x

Robin said...

Stunning card. I love the colors (especially that red hair). The inside is fabulous. I hope you don't mind that I borrow you idea for the inside. Hugs, Robin

Susie said...

Gorgeous image and card and how perfect is that sentiment?!! Susie x

Claudia said...

Hello Pat,

wonderful card. I love her red hair.

Hugs

Claudia

Shazza said...

absolutely gorgeous, love the colours x

Karina said...

Another super cute image this is! Love it as much as I do the one you showed yesterday. And your card is as fabulous as the one you shared with us as well, Pat!
Hugs, Karina

Debs M said...

loving the colour scheme and beautifully coloured! gorgeous x

marjon said...

Beautifull card, love the frames on the card.
Marjon

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Pat...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Gorgeous, Pat! Just gorgeous! Hugs, Lesley

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. Nice colors and a lovely stamp.

Hugs AStrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

Scrappelise said...

Love your choice of colors for the wonderful mermaid image!

sallysbitz said...

Stunning card inside & out. Love the pearl x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Wishcraft said...

Absolutely beautiful Pat! I just love how you've coloured this little lovely, she looks fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sarah said...

Great card! I just love all of those bright colors and your coloring on the image is perfect! Just Wow!
XoX ~Sarah

Candy said...

Perfect, Pat!!!
Love the sentiment too :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Janet said...

What a super card, Pat. Love your coloring.

Anita said...

Wow Pat, this is absolutely stunning! Your coloring always amazes me cause it's gorgeous ;) Love the little pearl (I'll be borrowing that idea too) and those papers make my mouth water they're so yummy. I'm going to have to go shopping for some of those!

Nikki said...

This is just fantastic love your colouring job and how you decorated the inside too :)

Karal Schuknecht said...

Wonderful card I love how you have put it together

Shannon83k said...

Love your coloring! Great design!

alethea said...

Wow another stunning card!! Love the colours you have used!! Hugsxx

Frea said...

Hi Pat, love those background colours, would never have thought to use them but the work perfectly with the image. Hugs ,Frea

Lynne in NI said...

What a beautiful card and such a pretty little mermaid!

MaRyKaY said...

what an awesome idea using that pearl like that in her hand. what pretty dp paper and another awesome card

Mermaid Seahorse Card said...

I WANT TO BUY THIS MERMAID CARD ASAP!!!! Or very similar card. I don't need the briolettes or the flowers but want the same mermaid painted the same colors, the pearl she's holding, same white scalloped frame and hopefully same coral/peach backdrop. How much is it? Also is the mermaid/seahorse rubber stamp for sale and how much is it? I would buy both!! Please reply ASAP reserved01 [at] hmamail [dot] com

If you need to make a new one I can wait just pleaes please reply asap. NO HTML or I will not receive it this is a public email, please plain text reply only thanks!!!!!