Thursday, July 5, 2012

"Flutterby" . . .

Welcome, once again, to my little bloggity blog!! It's Thursday . . . which, of course means that it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! As you may know, since this is the first challenge of the month, our theme (as always) is . . .

Anything Goes!

Here's what I came up with . . .
This little image is called "Flutterby" and is one of Mo Manning's older digi images I decided that it was high time that I figure out how to color brown skin. So I remembered that I'd gotten this sweet little guy many, many months ago . . . and decided he would be perfect for this week's card! You can find this cutie HERE in Mo's online store.
 It took me several hours of trying various Copic color combos . . . but I think it was well worth the effort, 'cuz I'm rather pleased with the results!
Here are the  Copics I used for his skin & hair. . . 
Skin: E25, 23, 13, & 11
Cheeks: R32
Hair (which I just dotted): E49, 47, 25, & 23
The rest of my card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Cryogen White  Paper
More Mustard & Island Indigo cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Be Amazing" by My Mind's Eye
Corner die: Whimsy
Sentiments (front): Lili of the Valley
Sentiment (inside): Hero Arts
Island Indigo twine & brads: Stampin' Up

A peek at the inside . . .
And, last but not least . . .
So, there ya have it . . . my first ever attempt at coloring brown skin! Not bad, eh?! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created my talented DT sistahs! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for your kind comments! Until next time . . . Mwahhh!
post signature

20 comments:

Joey said...

Totally ADORABLE Pat, he is a cutie and love your colourwork on him, dont think any of Mo's images will ever date lol, I find myself going back to my Mo's allllllll the time, more so lately too, love colouring them up. Joey x

Dannii said...

The papers and image are just too cute! x

Caroline said...

Hi Pat gorgeous card love the image which is coloured perfectly and the layout is fantastic. Caroline xxx

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card Pat! I LOVE the image, it is so cute and you have colored it PERFECTLY!! Love the inside of the card and the sentiment too. Hugs, Ivonne

Debbie said...

You did a fantastic job with the darker skin tones and hair. As far as the rest of your card goes, Your rock girl, I love the tags!!!

TTYL
Hugs
Debbie

Dorcas said...

Yup, I second Debbie. ;) You did a great job with the skin and the hair is amazing! (though I was hoping for a step by step, maybe next time? hint hint?).I had forgotten about this image of Mo's, but thats cos she spoils us rotten and we have so many to choose from.:)
Really fab card, GF!

Susie said...

Pat, you did an excellent job with the skin tone on this little boy! Great color combo for both the hair and skin. Thank you for sharing those colors with us.

catherine said...

This is such a fantastic and fun card Pat. Love the image and the papers
x catherine

Elaine said...

This is superb Pat , your colouring is stunning , what a super card well done Hugs Elaine

Candy said...

OH MY GOODNESS, Pat!
I have never seen such wonderfully coloured dark skin or hair before.
You have it perfected!!
I am just blown away by it.
Wonderful card colours and design too :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, a gorgeous creation as always huggles Pops x x x

Gloria said...

What a beautiful job you have done with the skin colors. I have struggled with this forever. Thanks so much for posting the colors you have used. This is such a beautiful card. Great job on the coloring and sketch of this. And thanks for sharing.

Mau xx said...

This is Super Pat, what a brilliant success. Love the image and your papers are beautiful. always love to see your inserts too. xx
Glad I could get to comment as lots of blogs have missing comment boxes :( having mega probs with my blog at present.I haven't a clue how to solve it. :((
Hugs Mau xx

Tracy said...

Oh Pat, Pat, you should be pleased in deed. Your skin tones are so beautiful on this little guy. The rest of your coloring ain't nothin' to sneeze at either. :-) Awesome card my sistah! Hugs!

Trine said...

Thanks for the nice visit to my blog. You coloring beautifully. I like your cards. I come back to you many times.
Have a good night.
Hugs:)

Annemaritta said...

Hi Pat, thank you for your nice words today :) You are so right about Dorcas, I can honestly and seriously say that she is wonderful person and I'm so lucky to be able to visit her blog and read tutorials etc.

NOW back to YOUR creation! Colorine is WOW, those jeans are well worn and shading and blending is very smooth and lively. Skin and hair and all the rest too. I love his arms, rosey cheeks and beautifully shadowed and shaded all around face.

Sentiments, embellishments and papers all matching colours. I respect these details and detailed work. :)

Cathy said...

Hey sweetie, you didn't need my colors for your AA skin, you did better on your own. There are so many different skin tones you can't go wrong and your little guy is gorgeous. Love him, and the rest of your Birthday card is put together pretty well too BTW LOL. Hope you are having a good week and had a great holiday. Beautiful GF!!!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Your coloring is gorgeous! This is one of my first of Mo's images - love the gentleness of it! Beautifully done - inside and out, love the image included inside the card! Wishing you a cool day - we are croaking here in this part of WI with the high temperatures of 101-104! We need rain so badly - the corn crop is not at a 40% loss in many areas!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Ballie (Bennarda) said...

Wauuuuuuuuuuuuw wath lovely card, I,m follow you, do you follow my.
Bye-bye, Bennarda (Ballie)

http://balliescreationballie.blogspot.com

Ann English said...

Gorgeous! I think I may have to order one of your cards just to see one live! I'd never send it or give it away, just OWN it :)