Monday, July 2, 2012

Sugar Nellie DT - "Book Club"

Hap-hap-happy July! I don't know about where you are, but our weather these past few days has been outrageously HOT . . . with record temperatures, not to mention thunderstorms and tornadoes 3 times last week! Aacckkkk! I've been staying inside with the air conditioners and ceiling fans on, so I've been a happy camper! Especially since I've been making cards! My fave thing to do . . . when it's hot . . . when it's cold . . . when it's raining . . . when it's snowing . . . well, you get the idea, right?! I have a new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with you today. This card is actually a commission . . . I hope she likes it!!
Once again, I used one of Krista Smith's "Simply Sassy" images created exclusively for Sugar Nellie. This stamp is called "Book Club" . . . and is available HERE at Funky Kits. If this card looks kin of familiar, it's because I made a similar looking card several months ago . . . same DP, but different design and embellies! I must admit, I'm quite pleased with the results!! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
And a peek at the tag w/computer-generated sentiment. . .
My card "recipe" . . . 
Cranberry Crisp & Crumb Cake cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "Oxford" by Basic Grey
Lace & flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Hardware: Bo Bunny
"Eyeglasses" charm: My stash
Nesties: Spellbinders
Tag & envelope: Melissa Frances
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink to all paper edges
and a few colored pencils on top of my Copics

. . . a peek at the very simple interior . . .
And, finally . . .
And . . . that's it for me, my sweet friends! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card! Big hugs!!  
post signature

14 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Pat gorgeous card the image is adorable and coloured beautifully and the layout is fantasti. Caroline xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow Pat this card is stuffed with prettiness! What a beauty! And I LOVE your bookshelves on the inside! Hugs, Lesley

Mau xx said...

This is Fabulous Pat, I love the image and that DP with the books on is gorgeous. Just love everything about it :)
Have a super day, wish I could pay that craftroom of yours a visit, we could even go shopping to M's...shhhh!! my hubby is around.
Hugs Mau xx

Dena said...

Girl! Who wouldn't like it? This is gorgeous! So many wonderful layers and a cutie image!!!!! The little bag is a fun addition too! This card will knock their socks off!
Hugs, Dena

catherine said...

This is beautiful Pat and love the inside too. Great colours with the image
x catherine

Molecraft said...

This is just brilliant Pat, I love the image and great layout and embellies!
Helen x

Christina C. said...

OMG....Julie, this is a phenomenal creation! Love this sweet image, colored magnificently! The layout and details are a visual delight! Love everything about this beauty!

Dorcas said...

Oh my, Pat! This is just too stinkin cute! I really love the vintagey back to school look. Awesome, my friend!

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Beautiful work! Love all your embellishments - the glasses are great.
Fantastic paper on the inside :o)
BIg hugs, Candy

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Oh Pat, I know you made this card just for me...didn't you?!? Lol
I just love every little detail. You rocked it out girl!!! ~jeni :)

Ivonne said...

Gorgeous card. Love the layout and the papers. The image is sooo cute and the coloring is just perfect! Hugs, Ivonne

Danielle said...

OH! my my... Pat! I LOVE YOUR CARD. Splendid design, wonderful image, so beautifully colored. love all the details, and the perfect paper... Exquisite. Hugs.

cathylynn said...

This is marvelous!! Great colors and those DP'S are perfect. Needless to say that your coloring is out of this world gorgeous! So much to admire!! You have done another fabulous job! Keep cool!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Elaine said...

I adore this image Pat and you have coloured her beautifully what a fabulous card Hugs Elaine