Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Fun at Sassy Cheryl's

Hello there, friends! Is it warm enough for ya? hehe! It's been pretty "toasty" here in Richmond, VA, USA! I soooooo wish I had a swimming pool. I s'pose the neighbors would freak out if they saw me running through the sprinkler in my underwear like we did when I was a little kid! hehe! I know . . . terrible visual image! My apologies! Ya know whose ready for the beach? Sassy Sally and Bella!! That's right . . . it's time for another fun challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! And once again, Miz Cathy, has chosen our theme! She chose . . .

Summer Fun!
Enter Sassy Sally & Bella . . .

This week's card features one of Sassy Cheryl's new "Summer" digi images called "Sassy Sally & Bella Head to the Beach"!! This delightfully fun image is available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's. I tell ya, going to the beach is fun . . . but it's no "running through the sprinkler in your underwear"! LOL!

This card is actually a "swivel tag card" . . . take a look . . .

And all the way open . . .

My card "recipe" . . .
Apricot Appeal cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Bo Bunny's "Barefoot & Bliss" Collection
Nestabilities & Grand Nestabilities: Labels 23
Sentiment, flowers, & brad: My stash
Copics & pencils
And, another view . . .
And there ya go, my sassy friends . . . my "Summer Fun" creation! Now . . . please don't forget to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what my talented and oh so "Sassy" DT "sistahs" have created for inspiration! Then, please come join us for this week's challenge! Just remember to follow Cathy's "Summer Fun" theme! Oh, and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!


Thanks sooooo much for visiting . . .  and, as always, for your lovely comments!
post signature

20 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Pat. Gorgeous card love these images and you have coloured her beautifully. The layout and colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Toasty? Really? You've got to be kidding. . . it was down right FREAKIN' HOT! And yes, I think the neighbors might freak out if you ran through the sprinkler in your underwear, unless you do it night. LOL

Well, with all that said, let's get to your stunning card. LOVE the color combo and that flower is down right gorgeous!!! Beautiful my sassy Pat!!!

Dawn said...

gack... you just can't gouge out your mind's eye... I had that visual of you running through the sprinkler!!! bwahahahahaha

what you can't see, is me behind Bella (or wishing I was!!)...I love the beach and live sooo far from one!

fabulous card as always...love the swing tag idea, adorable!!

Christina C. said...

Good morning, Pat! My shepherd loves running through the sprinkler!!
Your card is a delight....love the beautiful design, the stunning papers and the magnificently colored image! Beautiful, as always!

Anita said...

This is so gorgeous Pat - amazing coloring, as always! Well you gave me a good laugh with the "running through the sprinkler" idea. I also wish I had a pool. It's been downright miserably hot here.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just simply stunning, love the colours that you have used too, gorgeous work, hugs Pops x x x

catherine said...

This is super Pat and the colours are fantastic. Could you parcel up some of your sun for the UK please!!
x catherine

Dorcas said...

Oh how CUTE Pat! LOve that image (colored to perfection) and the fun shaped card.
ps) Yup, love the visual! ROFL

jkreucher said...

Now you know I am going to have to try and make a swing card! what a unique idea!
Seems like this little beach girl and friend are very popular this week:)
I vote for the pic of underware person in the sprinkler:):):)
just kidding!
Your cards are alawys a great source for inspiration! I LOVE every amazing detail! and your coloring ~ a m a z i n g !
hugs to ya
Judy

Barb said...

Adorable card and I love the technique! Your coloring and composition are the tops, as always!! Hugs!

Molecraft said...

Fabulous Pat, love the shape!
Helen x

Ann English said...

WOWZERS! I am overwhelmed by how creative and talented you are! I, too, remember the sprinkler days---though I did wear a bathing suit even as a little kid! You are too funny, Pat!

Ann Marie Governale said...

Oh just love this one.. love the image and those bright summer colors...xxx Ann Marie

Alyce said...

Gorgeous Pat!Those bright colours are just stunning and I really love your shading. Brrr it's cold here not hot! But I don't envy you....I like the cold hehe :)

Candy said...

Wonderful as always, Pat!!
Love the swivel card :o)
Great images beautifully coloured.
Big hugs, Candy

JACKIE M said...

Oh Pat you make me laugh lol .. I LOVE your card beautiful as always.

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable. I live not far from the beach and plan on planting my fat arse in the sand in a few weeks. THis is so cute. Your coloring is fabulous. Hope things are well with you.

Cathy said...

Ms. Pat, this is just adorable as always. Love the swing tag card. Your coloring is always the bestest!!! The coloring is gorgeous and all of the special touches you always add are a pleasure to see as always. :)

Cynthia said...

This is really fun, Pat! Your coloring of Sally and Bella is perfect. Such a fun card design. I may have to give the swivel tag a try sometime!

PS> Wish I could send you some Alaskan rain and 50 degrees!!

Iulia said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! The sentiment is perfect and the image is soooo adorable! I think I might need some of these Sassys too. Just to cheer up a bit:)!