Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Another "Sassy" Snowman

Hello again!! Just a few more days until Santa comes....whoohoo!! I can't wait to open my Nook Tablet! hehehehe! What can I say? I'm a good guesser!! LOL!! And...on that happy note...let's talk about this fortnight's fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! That's right...our challenge this week is actually going to stay up for TWO weeks so that we can all enjoy our Nook Tablets! oops!

So...last week, our Sassy Miz Judy selected "Blizzard" as our theme...and this week...she's chosen another COLD theme...this one's a combo theme...

Snowman ...
AND...
Use a Die Cut!!

Whoohoo...another snowman image this week? No prob!! There are so many fabulous snow people at Sassy Cheryl's!! So...for this week's challenge, I decided to make this little "gate-fold" card...


I used Sassy Cheryl's "Wind Up Santa" available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis...soooooo cute, huh?!!


Here's my card "recipe"...
Grey cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Paper Studio's "Country Christmas" Collection
Fabric flower: Prima
Sentiments & blue diamonds: my stash
Seam binding: Ribbon Girl
Dies: Nestabilities & Just Rite
Liquid Applique for Santa's fur trim
Snowflake punch: MS
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

And a peek at the inside...


And a little "artsy" view...


Alright, my sweethearts...it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what my talented DT sistahs have created for your viewing pleasure!! Then, please join the fun! Just remember to follow this fortnight's "Snowman...and a Die Cut" theme. Oh, and...don't forget to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's Digis Online Store HERE!!

I've decided to enter this card in the following challenges...
Paper Sundaes - Celebrate
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by...and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments really, REALLY make me smile!! Happy, HAPPY Holiday Hugs!!!

29 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous, love the gate fold and the image is so sweet! x

Debbie said...

Another adorable creation love the tri-fold card... and that snowman paper is just perfect for this snowman...

TTYL Hugs my sweet friend.. and tell Sophie, next time she with Grandma, she gets to hear the real deal...

Hugs
Debbie

Dena said...

Beautiful Pat! Perfectly done AGAIN!!!!
Have a wonderful Christmas girlie!
Hugs, Dena

Kelly Neis said...

I love your snowman, the colors are just in the right places and then the inside snowflake starting the sentiment is really cute too. You made gray fun and whimsical. Beautiful card.

Christina C. said...

WOW, Pat....what a phenomenal design! Your card is one of the most unique cards I have seen thus far...absolutely spectacular!!!!!

Sassy Cheryl said...

WOW!!!!!!!! How do you do it? This is probably my favorite card of all that you've ever done! Simply stunning. . . .enjoy that Nook! I'm sure you are a good guesser? Or perhaps a good 'peeker'! LOL

Dawn said...

A Nook...how cool...
ACT Surprised!!

Once again, your card is just adorable! Love the gate fold and simple colors... BUT the card is anything but simple...inside and out!

Merry Christmas!!

Wendy - AKA Mrs. B said...

Stunning, Pat!!! Love the light colors you chose, the gatefold and design are over the top!!!! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L creation!

Dorcas said...

Gorgeous gatefold, Pat! LOve the "hinges" and ribbon closure!

Gretha said...

Gorgeous card Pat and the snowman is so cute.
Love your lay-out.
Hugs Gretha

jkreucher said...

This is another stunning work of art sassy sistah! fronts, inside and I am sure the backs too could ba a card in themselves..
I love these so soft colors, with the more vibrant tiny little santa toy! Awesome!!
Christmas hugs to ya!
Judy

Janette said...

Hello Pat, you make the most wonderful cards, so gorgeous, I just love this and that image is fabulous.xx

Molecraft said...

Another beautiful creation Pat!
Helen x

Candy said...

Wonderful card, Pat!
Every one is perfectly made :o)
Enjoy your 'tablet' LOL
Merry Christmas ~ Hugs Candy

Linda said...

You sneaky little snoop. Better hope Santa doesn't use the return option! LOL

Maybe he will give you a break since your cards are so wonderful. You have been a good blogging and card making girl this year.

OK, here's my Christmas wish: I hope Santa is awesome to you and fills your home with lots of joy and laughter. Hugs, Linda

Christy Dillman said...

STUNNING, what a creation! Lovely design and you coloring is perfect! Good Luck in TSB monthly contest.

Hugs,
Christy

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, that image is so cute! Your card is fabulous, love the gate fold and the interior is amazing too! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Barb Hardeman said...

Another stunning card from your prolific craft table, honey! Just love the paper you used, and the tulle flower! The bled rhinestones are the perfect compliment to your gorgeously colored image. Have a wonderful Christmas...Merry Christmas Hugs, Barb

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing at OSAAT. Good Luck!
Hugs Nataliya

Carole said...

Oooh Pat absolutely stunning! I see you like using Prismacolor pencils too *smile* they are my favorites. Thanks so much for your lovely comments Pat, your words touched my heart. Merry Christmas ... hugs Carole

Matawi said...

I think I misplaced my comment...
I have put a comment on the Sugar Nellie blog for you, but it wasn't your card....sorry...

Thank you very much for your nice comment on my blog!
I haven't made many cards yet, so to get such comments is awesome!

I have looked through your blog.
You make stunning cards!!!
Great inspiration! I will visit more!

Have nice holidays and all the best for 2012!

Tamara.

Grenouille Greetings said...

I finally made it for a visit. I know I might not be able to comment everywhere but I am going to have a good read and a good viewing before my day starts in earnest. I do hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and that a super New Year lies ahead of us all - each and everyone! Hugs, Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm so keen to get started that I forgot to commment on this cutie of a gatefold card. Lovely colour choices, adorable image and perfect design. Love your hinges! Hugs, Lesley

Nikki Byrne said...

Stunning card and image :o) thank you for joining us at OSAAT for our anything goes challenge. Good luck and Merry Christmas, Hugs

NIKKI DT

Lesley said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for taking part in CYDA's Snowman challenge xx

Cathy said...

My sweet Ms Pat, this is sooo cute, love the colors. who would have thunk they would be so striking !!! This image is just the cutest. You have been one of the most fun additions to the Sassy Team this year and I love being on two teams with you, have a wonderful Merry Christmas my Sassy GF!!!

Eli said...

I love this card! Wonderful!
Great job with the challenge. Merry Christmas.
Eli (Frosted Designs)

Mina said...

wow Pat this is a stunner...I love it...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe' Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Sandy said...

This is adorable - I love snow people and this style of card!
Sandy