Monday, December 19, 2011

Hold onto my heart...

Hey there my lovelies! Can you believe it's almost Christmas?! Yep...just a few more days, in fact...and then New Years...and THEN...Valentines Day!! hehehe! Well, I decided to get started on my Valentine's cards!! I know, I know...I am the QUEEN of PROCRASTINATION! But...I tell ya, I'm just about ready to be done with Christmas cards...at least for a little while anyway! hehehe!! Sooooo...are ya ready? Ta daaaaaa...here's my first Valentine for 2012!


Isn't this just the most perfect image for a Valentine's Day card?! This stamp is called "Hold on to My Heart" and is part of the Home Grown collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. You can find it HERE at Funky Kits. Here's a side view...



I layered lots of the DPs...mostly because I just couldn't decide which of the gorgeous patterns to choose! So...I chose several!!! LOL!! I then sponged all the edges with Tim Holtz "Vintage Photo" to give them a bit of an "old world" feel.


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
DPs: Lost & Found (My Mind's Eye)
Lace, crown pins, & roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Key, brad, & medallion: Bo Bunny Trinkets

I decided to keep the inside pretty simple...just layering DPs...and stamped the "I love you" sentiment with black ink using a fun little stamp that I found in my stash! Ya just gotta love the stash, don'tcha?! hehe!



I've decided to enter this card into the following challenge:
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #195 "Stripes"

OK m'darlins...that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT project...and for your sweet comments! Hugs...until next time....

11 comments:

Debs M said...

it's gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Hello there Miss Pat... once again you bowl me over with another fabulous card. Love this one... totally delish! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, hugs Sharon x

Boxofcolours said...

Another Pat-tacular creation! I've put away my Christmas stuff too - I ran out of time to make them all (oh the shame)

Crafty Hugs and Christmas Wishes
Jane

Erika said...

Wow this is lush Pat. Stunning card. Have a cracking Christmas big hugs, Erika.

Gretha said...

Wow this is gorgeous, the image is beautiful.
Hugs Gretha

Sharon Caudle said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love all the elements you've used on this stunning card, Pat! Truly beautiful array of papers and fabulous embellishments! And that image is sooo precious!! Love it! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!
Big hugs! Sharon

Dorcas said...

THis is GORGEOUS, Pat! And I loove that stamp, so perfect for an anniversary too. I love all the layers, theres so much to look at, awesome job, GF!

ribenaruby said...

Hi Pat, such a beautiful card, love how the elements are slightly off the card, great colouring too! Ruby x

Christina C. said...

OMG....how precious is this!!!!! I adore this sweet image. You did an amazing job coloring and showcasing this cute duo!!!
Merry Christmas, Pat!

Grenouille Greetings said...

OMGoodness Pat! This is not possible! How can you already be making Valentines greetings. But what an absolute beauty it is. Gorgeous colourwork and lots of fabulous layers! Very elegant on the inside too! Hugs, Lesley

Sandy said...

Are they eloping to Paris or what!! You come up with the best designs!!
sandy