Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Fabric of Our Lives...at Mo's

Please scroll down to see this week's fun
Sugar Bowl "Santa" ....

Hello again!! Guess what? It's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! And, once again, my very talented friend, Dorcas, is our hostess!! This week, Dorcas has chosen another very unique theme...are ya ready? Here it is....

The Fabric of Our Lives!!

Yep...that clever little DT sistah of mine has challenged us all to add FABRIC to our projects this week!! So....here's what I came up with....


Allow me to introduce you to Maisie! I just fell in love with her when I first saw her in Mo's store!! You can find "Maisie Caroling" HERE in Mo's online store. I tell ya, she was pure joy to color!!

OK...so last week I was paging through the January 2012 edition of "Cardmaker Magazine"...and my eye caught a darling card by Jeanne Streiff. She used cross-stitch fabric...and stamped directly onto it. So...of course I just had to give it a try!! And...I LOVE the effect!! Then I added some cheesecloth...and fabric buttons...and, of course, some gorgeous roses...and VOILA!!


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip & Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Bo Bunny's "Snowfall" collection
Baja Breeze seam binding & buttons (SU)
Snowflake stamps: stash
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Caramel Creme, & Baja Breeze (SU)
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts

Copics:
E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin)
R20 (cheeks)
E25, 23, 21, YR20 (hair)
E34, 33, 31, 30 (skirt)
BG72, 10, 000, 0000 (scarf, gloves, & pocket)
YG 99, 97, 95, 93, 91, W1 (shawl)
W0 & BG0000 (shadow)

Oh...and I lightly inked the cross-stitch fabric to minimize fraying...and then inked all of the cardstock edges...with Caramel Creme & Chocolate Chip. Here's a peek at the inside...


Okay, m'darlins...it's time for you to head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous creations by my talented Design Teamies!! Then, please join us this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE)...and follow this week's theme by adding some kind of "FABRIC" to your project!! Remember, up for grabs to one lucky winner (selected at random, of course) is a $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores.

I've decided to enter this card into the following challenge:

Papertake Weekly - I'm dreaming of a BLUE & BROWN Christmas
Crafty Calendar - Cold and Frosty
Stampin' for the Weekend - Christmas
Paper Sundaes - Anything Christmas
One Stitch at a Time - Use a digi

Thanks so much for visiting...and, as always, for your sweet comments! Hugs...until next time!

25 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, you once again took the challenge to a whole new level, stamping directly on fabric...that's it's my little chickadee... you just ROCK!!! OMG!!! this has got to be one of the sweetest things you've ever created..and of course it's in blues... and using the cheesecloth along with the other fabrics makes it so so soft... what an affect it gives..That's it... I am jumping on the next train to VA, Grand Central here I come!!! need just a little of your magic to rub off...

Lova Ya!!!!
Debbie

Tracy V. said...

Gorgeous Pat!!! Love how you colored Maisie and she is one of my favorites!! It's all so very adorable and love the inside as well.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Tracy Valure

Sharon Caudle said...

Holy crapola, girlfriend!!! LOVE the texture you have on this card!!! Your coloring is stunning (as it always is!!) and all the wonderful and gorgeous details you have added, all add up to one magnificent card!!! I love it!!! If I don't get to chat with you before the holidays, I want to wish you and your family a wonderful and very Merry Christmas! May you have nothing but joy and happiness in your hearts!
big hugs! Sharon

Janette said...

WOW...Soooo stunning and filled with fab idea's too, I just adore your brilliant card.xx

Christina C. said...

WOW, Pat, you certainly met that challenge brilliantly. Love, love this gorgeous card and that image is soooo precious. Must get it!!!!

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Love Jan
xx

Vicky said...

Oooh sooooo gorgeous Pat...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Danielle said...

oh! wow wow wow. I just love those earthtones you used for your card, so brillantly put together. Love the cross stitch fabric, stamped and distressed, I will try that for sure. your coloring of Maisie is just magnificient.
Beautiful, Pat.

Marjo said...

Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing with us at OSAAT.

xoxo Marjo

Cathy said...

Wow, I love this, never thought to stamp on cross stitch fabric, I do love the way it looks, now what did I do with mine LOL. YOur coloring is gorgeous and the embellishments and the covered buttons are perfect. I could go on for about an hour on this beautiful creation darlin Love everything about it!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Love the texture of the cross stitch fabric and the color choice. Another beautiful card!

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is stunning, I love the cute image hugs pops x

Ann Marie Governale said...

Your work is just amazing. SUch a beautiful card. While I am home over the holiday break, I am going to attempt the "invisible" lines stamping- and what a beautiful use of the aida cloth- stunning!

Gretha said...

Woww, this is breathtaking. The image is colored fantastic.
Hugs Gretha

Carla S. said...

OMGosh, Pat! This is over-the-top gorgeous! What a brilliant design! I love the stamped Cross-stitch fabric background and the marvelously colored image! Every detail is perfect!

Norma said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous, Pat. Loving your colouring of Mo's adorable image--just awesome. You sure rose to the challenge with your fabrics.
Hugs,
Norma

Dorcas said...

Brilliant!! I love the Aida cloth, what an awesome idea! AND covered buttons too... AND cheesecloth, Girl, you rock!!

Alina said...

I just love everything about your card, Pat, wonderful!
hugs, Alina

Molecraft said...

Simply stunning Pat!
Helen x

Candy said...

WOW Pat!!
Your card is amazingly beautiful!!
I want it LOL LOL
Hugs, Candy

Barb Hardeman said...

I'm speechless! This is stunning! What a clever idea to use cross stitch fabric for your background. Beautiful with the snowflakes stamped on it! The details of the flowers is gorgeous...love the buttons too! Have a fabulous Christmas...hugs...Barb

June Nelson said...

This is beautiufl and I love the way your images look so subdues Pat wonderful card xxxx

Lisa aka Myran said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning Pat! And your coloring skills, amazing.
Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope to see you again :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loving all the detail and beautiful papers on the inside of this greeting but my oh my your outside is pure scrumptiousness! Beautiful no-lines colouring, Pat and I absolutely want to use the stamped cross stitch fabric idea. I'm sure I have some somewhere! Hugs, Lesley

Katina said...

Gorgeous card Pat - love the image and the use of the cross stitch fabric - fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Calendar this month. Hope you have a lovely Christmas!
x