Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sassy Santa...

Please scroll down to see today's
"Simply Sassy" spotlight card!

Welcome to December in "Sassy-ville"...

So...here's the deal...I'm not even going to mention how many shopping days 'til Christmas! Instead, I'm going to jump right into this week's fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! My sweet friend and talented DT sistah, Sassy Judy, is our "Hostess with the Mostess" this week...and she's chosen a perfectly perfect theme...especially since there are just 19 days left 'til Christmas (oops...hehehe!). Our theme this week is...

Santa!!


For this week's card, I chose one of Sassy Cheryl's adorable Santa images...this one's called "Santa and Little Snowey" and is available at Sassy Cheryl's Digis HERE.


Here's a peek at the inside...


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Baja Breeze & Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Bo Bunny "Snowfall Collection"
Vintage Photo DIs to all edges (Tim Holtz)
Sentiment on front: Lili of the Valley
Inside sentiment: stash
Snowflake punches: Martha Stewart
Icicle die: Mariane's Creatables
Liquid Applique for the fur
Stickles
Copics & Prismacolor pencils (too numerous to mention)

And one last photo...


And now it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to check out all the fun creations by my talented and always "sassy" DT "Sassettes"!! Then, we'd love for you to come join the fun! Just remember to follow this week's "Santa" theme. You don't even have to use a Sassy Cheryl image...tho we love when you do!! Oh, and...don't forget to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's Digis Online Store HERE!!

I've decided to enter this card in the following challenge...
And...that's it for me! Thanks so much for visiting...and for your sweet comments! Have a great week! Hugs...until next time....

21 comments:

Joey said...

Pat this is stunning, the details are beautiful. Joey x

Debbie said...

Of course you would use browns and blues they work so well together one of my favorite color combo's. I love those blue snowflakes, and the puffy stuff on his coat and the sparkly snow on the bottom. OMG!!! you rock girlfriend. And when I went on my Sassy Cheryl binge last week, this was one of the images I picked. So hopefully I'll get to play again this week... OMG, this is just cuteness beyond words...Such non-traditional colors that work so perfectly for this card. I guess his Red Suit was in the cleaners.... bwaahahahhahah...

Hugs
Debbie

Dotty Jo said...

Totally yummy! This is great Pat, Jo x

Sassy Cheryl said...

You just couldn't help yourself. . . .could you! Had to mention the 19 days, didn't you!
This is a perfectly, perfect card for Judy's Santa themed challenge this week. Love the pastel colors. Gorgeous!

Dawn said...

always a treat... totally adorable! love the colors too!!

Danielle said...

OH!la la Pat, of all the papers Christmas collections, this is my very very favorite one! and I am not the only one I guess... It is back order at lots of stores... So soft, rich and very very pretty.
Love all the details you added, the ice cicles, the cute snowflakes, and this awesome image: fabulous coloring, cute fur on Santa's coat.
BEautiful work. Wowzer.
Have a nice day.

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhh.....Pat, this is priceless!!!
I adore this wonderful image...sooo cute!!!!! You did an amazing job showcasing this delightful Santa. Stunning papers!!!

Alina said...

I love your card and this colour combination!
hugs, Alina

Vicky said...

Another gorgeous creation Pat...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Barb said...

One of the many things I love about your creations is your choice of colors. This one rocks, especially because it is BLUE! Lovely papers, great use of multiple punches and, of course, your trademark coloring! One fantastic card.

Molecraft said...

Stunning Pat, the colours and design are just gorgeous!
Helen x

JACKIE M said...

Stunning Pat, I LOVE it inside and out all the detail is beautiful.

Candy said...

Hi Pat!
What a beautiful card!!
Love the design and your gorgeous colouring.
Hugs, Candy

fairysparkle said...

Pat this is outstanding love love love your colouring its something i aspire to. Its all just beautiful x

jkreucher said...

Oh My gosh Pat, I am always blown away with your works of frameable art!
I love the soft pastel colors on these little cuties!
WOW!
hugs
Judy

June Nelson said...

Oh I adore this Pat and the colour combo is just so beautiful its a fantastic card xxxx

Boxofcolours said...

Ho Ho Ho, very awesome!!
But then I have come to expect nothing less from you Pat!
Hugs and Christmas Wishes
Jane

Sandy said...

That is one cute Santa - love the card!
Sandy

Maria Therese said...

Loooove your card ♥

Cathy said...

Wow Pat, this is just gorgeous. Love the colors and your coloring and embellishments are always so perfect. Love it GF!!!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

More wonderful colours. Love this combo! Great punched borders and beautiful layout! Hugs, Lesley