Monday, December 5, 2011

Let them eat cake!

Sooooo...less than 3 weeks until Christmas! Are ya ready yet? Me? Not so much!! hehehe! Although  my sweet hubby and I did do some "decking of the halls" this past weekend! So...here's the deal...in the past, we've put up FOUR Christmas trees...one in the kitchen (with food-related ornaments), one in the sunroom (with beach-themed ornaments), one in the dining room (with Victorian ornaments), and one in the living/family room (with snowmen and Santa ornaments). Nuts, huh?! Well...this year, to save time and energy, we decided to put up just one tree...with all of the ornaments! We're calling it "ecclectic"...LOL!! Now I just have to start Christmas shopping! Yikes!!

So...enough chit chat about Christmas...I have a card to show you!! It's my Sugar Nellie DT card...and it is not a Christmas card! hehehe! What can I say? I just felt the need to make something pink and girly...


This little cutie is called "Let them eat cake" and she's part of the Fairy Glen collection of "Home Grown" Sugar Nellie stamps...available at Funky Kits HERE.


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Blushing Bride & Very Vanilla
DPs: DCWV "French Country" collection
Pearl brads, metal filagree corners, & rose: Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment: Stampin' Up
Pearls, lace, & seam binding: my stash


Copics & Prismacolor Pencils used to color this cutie:
E21, 00, 000, 0000 w/Nectar & Lt. Peach pencils (skin)
R20 & 00 w/pink pencil (cheeks)
E27, 25, 23, 15, YR20 w/Dark Brown & Sienna Brown pencils (hair)
E51 & 50 w/Chocolate pencil (cake)
G24, 21, 20 w/Dark Green pencil (greens)
RV34, 32, 10, 00, 000 w/Nectar & Magenta pencils (pinks)
W1, 0, 00 (shadows and ground)

And one final view...


I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:
Anything Goes - Corners
Papertake Weekly - sketch

OK kids...that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie project! And special thanks for your kind comments...they make my day! Hugs...until next time....

16 comments:

inkypinkycraft said...

A lovely card in super soft colours, great corners! Thanks for playing at anything goes this week! Trace x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous Pat! Love the coloring, the paper yes everything!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful inside and out Pat, love the image and fabulous colouring.
Gorgeous papers.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Boxofcolours said...

Adorable, pink loveliness! Beautiful as always Pat.
Hugs
Jane

Sandy said...

So sweet Pat - another beautiful card!!
Sandy

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Pat. Lovely soft colours and a sweet image! You must have a huge house to put up 4 trees!!
hugs, Marlies

Debbie said...

Love the girlie girl card... And wow four trees, I'm lucky I get the one tree up right before Christmas...lol

Hugs
Debbie

Molecraft said...

Simply beautiful Pat!
Helen x

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, this is adorable. Love the lace! Great coloring and I really like the color combo.

Ellis said...

Gorgeous card! =)
Hugs, Elenor

cathylynn said...

WOW Pat!! What lovely DP's and that stamp is fabulous and your coloring is perfect!!! Love those corners and lace too. Heck I love the whole darn card!!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello Pat - gorgeous pink and girly Sugar nellie card - I also think the inside is fab! Hope your one tree doesn't fall over with 4 trees worth of stuff on it - I put up 3 trees here myself! Thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly sketch challenge. Mary G x

June Nelson said...

Oh my goodness Jaw dropping its beautiful xxxxxxxxxxx

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, that beautiful DT is just like a spring breeze...as we are waiting for snow! such tender colors, beautiful. You colored this sweet darling beautifully, and I love the corners you decorated your image with. Absolutely stunning.
Have a nice day.

Alina said...

very sweet and beautiful!
hugs, Alina

Annette said...

What a lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
Hugs Annette