Monday, December 5, 2011

Let them eat cake!

Sooooo...less than 3 weeks until Christmas! Are ya ready yet? Me? Not so much!! hehehe! Although  my sweet hubby and I did do some "decking of the halls" this past weekend! So...here's the deal...in the past, we've put up FOUR Christmas trees...one in the kitchen (with food-related ornaments), one in the sunroom (with beach-themed ornaments), one in the dining room (with Victorian ornaments), and one in the living/family room (with snowmen and Santa ornaments). Nuts, huh?! Well...this year, to save time and energy, we decided to put up just one tree...with all of the ornaments! We're calling it "ecclectic"...LOL!! Now I just have to start Christmas shopping! Yikes!!

So...enough chit chat about Christmas...I have a card to show you!! It's my Sugar Nellie DT card...and it is not a Christmas card! hehehe! What can I say? I just felt the need to make something pink and girly...


This little cutie is called "Let them eat cake" and she's part of the Fairy Glen collection of "Home Grown" Sugar Nellie stamps...available at Funky Kits HERE.


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Blushing Bride & Very Vanilla
DPs: DCWV "French Country" collection
Pearl brads, metal filagree corners, & rose: Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment: Stampin' Up
Pearls, lace, & seam binding: my stash


Copics & Prismacolor Pencils used to color this cutie:
E21, 00, 000, 0000 w/Nectar & Lt. Peach pencils (skin)
R20 & 00 w/pink pencil (cheeks)
E27, 25, 23, 15, YR20 w/Dark Brown & Sienna Brown pencils (hair)
E51 & 50 w/Chocolate pencil (cake)
G24, 21, 20 w/Dark Green pencil (greens)
RV34, 32, 10, 00, 000 w/Nectar & Magenta pencils (pinks)
W1, 0, 00 (shadows and ground)

And one final view...


I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:
Anything Goes - Corners
Papertake Weekly - sketch

OK kids...that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie project! And special thanks for your kind comments...they make my day! Hugs...until next time....