Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's the opposite of Clean & Simple?

Answer: My card for this month's Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge! bwahahaha!!

Soooo...once again, I'm your hostess with the mostess!! Red or white wine? Ahem...I mean, coffee or tea? Just kidding...or am I?! hehehe!! I'm getting a little excited about Thanksgiving this week...so you'll have to forgive me! Ya know what comes right after Thanksgiving, don'tcha? Christmas!! Wheeeeeeee!! So...in case you need some coaxing to make a Christmas card or two...here's my photo for this month's Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge:


Pretty gorgeous, huh?! Hmmm...what to do, what to do? Fires? Fireplaces? Ornaments? Gold? Trees? Christmas? So many options!! I went with a Christmas theme!! And without further ado, here's my card...


Isn't this new Tilda such a cutie patootie? She's called "Winter Tilda" and is currently available as a "mini" at Magnolia-licious HERE. I masked her so that I could add the a couple of Magnolia "minis" (Snowy Hug and some cute little pine trees) behind her...to give some fun perspective!!


Oh...I stamped these images with Memento London Fog to give a little softer look! Here's another side view...


Here's my Card "Recipe"...

Cardstock: Bordering Blue (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Peper Studio's "Country Christmas"
Tim Holtz Crackle Paint
Charm, ribbon, & pearls: my stash
Flower Soft Polar White
MS Coarse Glitter & snowflake punch
Liquid applique
Fun Flock
Dies: Magnolia snowflake & Marianne's Creatables "icicles"
Sentiments: Just Rite & Stampin' Up


Copics & Prismacolor pencils used...

E21, 00, 000, 0000 w/Peach & Light Peach pencils (skin)
R20 w/Nectar pencil (cheeks)
E25, 23, 21, 15, 51, & YR20 w/Sienna Brown pencil (hair)
B97, 95, 93, 91, 000, & 0000 w/Indigo Blue pencil (blues)
R85, 83, 81, RV10, 000, 0000 w/Magenta pencil (pinks)
BG0000 & B60 (snowman)
G85, 24, 21, & 20 (trees)
BG000 & 0000 (highlights)

And...last, but  not least...


Now it's time for you to visit Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and take a peek at the gorgeous creations by my talented DT sistahs! Then...please join in the fun by making and entering your own project into this month's Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge. Remember, one lucky participant (selected at random, of course) will win a $25.00 gift voucher for a Magnolia-licious Shopping Spree!! Whooohooo!! Oooh...I almost forgot...

I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:
7 Kids College Fund #34: Inspiration Photo
Bunny Zoes: Christmas & pearls

Okey dokey...that's it for me!! Thanks so much for stopping by...and for your delightful comments! Now...let the craftin' begin!! "Maggie" hugsssssssssss...until next time!

25 comments:

June Nelson said...

Oh my Pat this is gorgeous, looks so chilly and the little tilda is just so cute xxxx

Linda said...

A snowy confection for sure! Your cards are always chocked full of goodies.

I'll take white wine please.
Happy Thanksgiving Pat! Linda

Chrissy said...

Stunning Pat, just beautiful..love all the snow and gorgeous trimmings...so very pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Maria Therese said...

The opposite must be yummi and delicious because that's your card ♥

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, Your card is gorgeous! Love the mini in the background. Love all the layers which really gives the feel of the snow and what we have to look forward to.

Dena said...

Pretty doggone CUTE Pat!!! You rocked adding all the images together! That is one adorable little scene!!!!!
Boy, I would love for my house to look all cozy like the photo inspiration, how pretty! haha!
Hugs, Dena

Patti Jo said...

Awesome card Pat! Love all your fun embellies and beautiful coloring! Have to try that London Fog! Very sweet scene!!!

Teresa Jaye said...

Gorgeous card! Little Tilda is such a cutie, I love how you masked her to put more images in the background. The layering and dimension on your card are amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow gorgeous card, lovely detail and colours, fabulous masking, thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz xx

Molecraft said...

Simply stunning Pat!
Helen x

Sandy said...

This is my absolute favorite!
Sandy

Ann English said...

Got that right! Couldn't be more opposite and oh, how I admire your work!

Christina C. said...

Your work is always sooo gorgeous and inspirational. I have those mini trees too and didn't have a clue what I was gonna do with them....thanks for coming to the rescue. Great idea with the minis and sooo cute! I agree, Winter Tilda is adorable and you colored and showcased her beautifully.

cabio's craft corner said...

Definitely a beauty Pat. Gorgeous layout and the texture is amazing on this one!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Barb said...

Oh, Pat, your creative genius knows no bounds! This is so beautiful! I love the monochromatic background. It really sets of the beautifully colored image. So awesome!

Candy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
Hugs, Candy

kbrandy4 said...

Hi Pat! Wow!! Stunning card, colours and masking!! Thank you for sharing with us at Totally Tilda and good luck!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

P.S. I have some Christmas candy if you're interested!!
http://hazelshandmadecrafts.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-christmas-candy.html

Denise Gutierrez said...

wow pat this card is JUST AMAZING!! I am a HUGE fan of masking ( im getting better) but your masking looks soooo amazing!

Iulia said...

This is so beautiful Pat sweetie; you created a wonderful scene; so wonderfully colored. Love the intricate design, the soft look of your colored images; everything looks perfect like a cold winter day:)
Glad you shared it with us at Just Magnolia:)
Have a great Thanksgiving m'dear!
Hugs, Iulia

Eulanda said...

OH MY GOSH PAT!! This is just gorgeous!!! I love that you masked her and showed us a really great way to use the mini's. Fabulous take on the sketch from CLP and thanks SO MUCH for joining us!! Hope to see you back! Hugs!

Eli said...

not clean and simple but absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's so elegant! Great job!
Eli Frosted Designs

krafty-kutz said...

OMG pat!! this is stunning!!! thanks for joining us at totally tilda & good luck xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunning photo inspiration and glorious card. Look at all that lovely texture and I love how you've combined the full-size with the mini to make a scene in perspective. Beautiful inside and out! Hugs, Lesley

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hee hee your too funny. I totally love the opposite of clean and simple too. Your creation is amazing I just love the winter look. Thank you so much for sharing your creations with us for this months sketch challenge at CLP. Happy New Year.
Hugs Bonnie

ednamburgess said...

Even though it's after Christmas, love this card and have the stamp to try something similar. Great job. Edna