Thursday, November 3, 2011

In the meadow...

...we can build a snowman....La de da de da!

Happy Thursday, sweet friends!! Whoohooo! It's time for another fun challenge at the Sugar Bowl...Challenge #71! And our very sweet and talented DT sistah, Erika, has given us this cool sketch to follow...



...with "Patchwork" as our optional theme!

Now, some of you may know that I am sewing machine "challenged" hehehe!...so I chose some fun "patchwork-looking" DPs and did a little hand stitching!! And...ta da...here's my card....


I started out with another one of my new Sugar Nellie stamps called "Christmas Garland". They're such a cute little snow couple, don'tcha think?! This stamp comes from the Home Grown Collection and you can find it HERE at Funky Kits! I thought this darlin' stamp would clearly lend itself to a "shaker card"!!



Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Bordering Blue (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Paper Studio's "A Country Christmas" collection
Coarse glitter (Martha Stewart)
Roses & metal corners (Wild Orchid Crafts)
Nestabilities
Ribbon, sentiment stamp, & charm (my stash)
Memento London Fog (to stamp image)
Copic Sketch markers


And one last view...


OK...now it's time to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl and take a peek at the gorgeous creations by my fellow DT Sweeties. Then, pull out your art supplies and get busy creating your own card or project for this fortnight's challenge! One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a fabulous prize from Sugar Nellie. Once again, our prize for this Sugar Bowl Challenge is....

...your choice of FOUR Sugar Nellie stamps
(increasing to SIX if we have 100+ entries!)...

So...remember to invite your friends to join in the fun too!! Thank you so much for visiting...and for your kind comments! Hugs...until next time....

17 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful image and soft lovely colouring Pat...love the sparkle, and great stitching...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

Absolutely stunning Pat. Just love that patchwork paper and all that glitter and sparkle. hugs Sharon x

Christina C. said...

Oh, wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Pat!!!! Love EVERYTHING about this stunning creation!
Stunning work!

angelwhispers said...

Wow pat what a sweetie just adore it!!! Loving the design and the papers are just so perfect especially with your wonderful image!! Wonderful Chanelle xxx

Danielle said...

NOOOOOOOOOO !Give me a break....... no snowman yet. Although yours are totally adorable. This image is just darling, and your card is fabulous. Love this beautiful paper... and the lovely sewing that decorated the background, So pretty. LOve the inside sooo much. BEautiful Pat.

Debbie said...

This is adorable, love, love, love shaker cards, and this one came out fantastic!!!! You go girl!!! and just to let you know, I am just as Challenged when it comes to the sewing machine,

Welcome home, missed you kiddo
Debbie

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love the shaker card and fab details.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Elaine said...

Stunning Pat!
I love the image (naturally ha!) and all your little added embellies.
And a shaker card too..even at my age I can't resist having a good old shake.
Awesome as always Sweetie.

Love & hugs
Elaine xxx

Molecraft said...

Fabulous card Pat, love the design and your stitching looks great!
Helen x

Fiona said...

fab card Par...love those papers and how you have added the stitching...very pretty!!

Fi
x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous sweetie ♥♥
Love your patchwork card ♥

Barb said...

Oh, Pat, how cute is this!! I love the image and all the pretty papers and pastel colors. Very fun and adorable inside and out! Hugs!

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG OMG OMG! This is amazing, Pat!!!!! I love it!!!!
Hugs, Sharon

Sandy said...

This is just not fair. You told me not to buy anymore stamps until I used SOME of what I have. Why did you do this to me today. You know how much I love Sugar Nellie!!!!! This is way too good and I absolutely adore it. Your talent should be illegal. I am gonna put out a warrant!
Love,
Sandy -- oh by the way - I did go to The Sugar Nellie site and bought that cute image - plus a couple more. I always say, why buy one when you can order three!!!! Poor Art.

Erika said...

Wow Pat I love your card, fabby hand stitching and the inside is adorable.
Big crafty hugs Erika.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oooh its adorable! Fabby stitching (you may remember that I am sewing machine challenged too!), great papers and lovely image and I love how your inside front looks like a gift parcel wrapped in the bow. Hugs, Lesley

Iulia said...

How beautiful and sweet and funny! Wow! Never thought of doing hand stitching but should give a try. Looks so pretty! Gorgeous DPs and image! Oh, I love shaker cards and this one is really wonderful!