Thursday, November 24, 2011

"Sticky Elf" at Mo's DP2

Happy Thursday, my darlins! Today we celebrate Thanksgiving here in the U.S. Yep...the three F's are a-happenin' at my house!! Family, friends, & food!!! Oh...and feeling so much gratitude for the many, many blessings in my life!! And today's not just about turkey and pumpkin pie...it's about another fabulous challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Whoohoo!

Ooohh...I think I'm hostess again!! Sooooo...my theme for this week's challenge is...

Elves, Fairies, Santa, or Snowmen!!

Well...that seemed easy enough! Right?!! Until I had to choose!! I tell ya, Mo has so many fabulous images that perfectly fit this challenge...my biggest challenge was choosing!! In the end, though, I went with "Elves"...and decided to make a little Christmas somethin' somethin' for my sister to give her son and daughter-in-law!


This adorable little guy is called "Sticky" and you can find him HERE at Mo's online store. He's so dang cute...my goodness, that candy cane is bigger than he is! hehehe!


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Very Vanilla & Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Bo Bunny "Smowfall" collection
Postmark stamp: Paper Inspirations
Rose, lace & reindeer: Wild Orchid Crafts
Bells & raffia: my stash
Jingle bells die: Memory Box
Charm thingie (on the inside): Bo Bunny Trinkets


Copics used to color this darlin'...
E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin)
R20 (cheeks)
E23, 21, 15, YR20 (hair)
BG75, 72, 70, 10, B91, 60, 000, 0000 (blues)
E35, 33, 31, 30 (pants)
E51, 50, R22, 20, 01 (candy cane)
W2, 1, 0 (ground)
W0, 00 (shadow)

I added a pocket on the left side...that way my sister can include some $$$! Here's a peek...



And one last pic....


So...now it's time for you to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the fabulous cards by my talented Design Teamies!! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE)...and follow this week's theme: Elves, Fairies, Santa, OR Snowmen!! Who knows, you may be chosen (by that Random.Org thingie) to receive a $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online store.

Oh...I almost forgot...I'm entering this card into the following challenge:

Wild Orchid Crafts -A Child's Christmas 
Paper Sundaes - Beautiful Bow (Raffia bows can be beautiful, right?!)

And...last, but not least...a very special thanks to my friends and followers! You make this crafting and blogging business soooooooo much fun!! Gracias, merci, danke, thank you....

Big hugs...until next time....

31 comments:

Karen's Fun Blog said...

WOw! THis is gorgeous!

Danielle said...

Happy thanks giving Pat! Enjoy your day. thank you for your constant inspiration, your work of art. coming to your blog always brings a smile on my face, love reading you, and love being inspired by your work. Your card is just beautiful, so tender. Love this color combo, warm and rich. Your coloring of this little elf is awesome. Adorable.

Carla S. said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Pat! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the layering and papers and details! This little guy is adorable and your coloring is exceptional! Wonderful design, inside and out!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

It is so hard to chose ONE image to use for the challenges! You have chosen well - your card is beautiful, inside and out!

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Jenée said...

Another stunning card from you, lady. I really, really, really (did I mention really) like the color scheme of the brown and blue. Not exactly traditional holiday colors, but one of my fav combos, and it fits this lovely card so nicely.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just stunningly gorgeous x x x x

Alina said...

I love everything about this card, Pat!

Happy Thanksgiving!

HUgs,
Alina

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Pat! Beautiful papers and I love the way you coloured the image! hugs Marlies

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card sweetie ♥

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh, Pat, what a beautiful card (inside and out) and such a darling image. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

fairysparkle said...

Pat Happy thanksgiving hunny .I as always love your card .I love everything about this card all the layering and then there he is that beautiful little elf .Gorgeousssss.

Dorcas said...

Well I don't know how you do it, GF...you obviously work very well under pressure cos you've made yet another "Pat" card at short notice and your coloring and everything is gorgeous. LOve all the little details and layers.

Chrissy said...

WOW! Pat, this is a stunning card..love the layers and the gorgeous image, all the details are just lovely, the inside gives the eyes just as much pleasure as the outside.Gorgeous.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!!! Pat, Outstanding everything about your card. OMG I do not even know where to start your image is perfectly colored and is cute as can be. The paper is wonderful with all the layers, great embellishments. The inside is wonderful. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
Hugs, Patricia

Cathy said...

Well my dear Pat, love the non-traditional Christmas colors you used for Sticky. Absolutely beautiful as always GF. The dp and layout and embellishments are always so perfect. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

June Nelson said...

This is so beautiful Pat, love the muted colours you have used and all the detail its fabby xxxx

khushifairy said...

this card seems to be overloaded. you should have used less sheets.
valentine gifts pakistan

Debbie said...

This is so so cute, love Sticky and the muted tones you used, the details from the bells and bow at the top to the deer are just perfect and your layout is just gorgeous. Love it both inside and out.

Hugs
Debbie

P.S. Still need the expandable pants, can't move, don't think I'll be eating for a week.

Sandy said...

I have this cute little image and am getting ready to pair it with another stamp. Wonderful card Pat - live this little cutie!
Sandy

Shelby said...

Beautiful design Pat! Love everything about it and all of the intricate details!!

Shelby

Molecraft said...

Another amazing creation Pat!
Helen x

Carole said...

So adorable Pat and I love your card and the inside is as beautiful as your lovely spirit. Thanks so much for your visit and your delightful comments. Hugz...Carole

julieprice3 said...

Gorgeous card, Very cute! Thanks so much for joining in at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

Amanda R said...

Your coloring without the dark stamped image is amazing! Such a beautiful effect. Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Sundaes!

Gretha said...

Woww, this is gorgeous. Love the inside of the card too. The image is so cute.
hugs Gretha

Retro Dolly said...

Beautiful colors and what glorious detail!

Dawn Knapp said...

Alright Miss Pat...you really need to sell your cards! I'd love to buy one (or 10!). I love every one of your cards!! XOXO

Dee said...

Yuuup - another Deelightful card custom made for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Isn't he just the cutest little thing?! Thanks again .. I may just have to give you my first born for all these cards...

Iulia said...

This is one of my favorite Pat cards; love this color combo and the rustic details on this one; beautiful vintage look too! It's all simply adorable!
Hugs, Iulia

Bev said...

Totally stunning card sweetie, loving the colour combo! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this time x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Here's that lovely blue and brown combo that you do so well and I love so much! Gorgeous make Pat! Boy I've missed some lovely creations of yours whilst I've been AWOL! Hugs, Lesley