Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Emboss It" at Sassy Cheryl's!


Looking for my newest Magnolia project? Please scroll down....

Hey there my sweet friends!! Thanks to the magic of the internet and Blogger, as you read this post, I am jetting to Las Vegas, Nevada!! Yep...it's true, last week I was in Arizona...this week, I'm heading back to the desert to bake in the sun and read my trashy novel while my sweet hubby attends a medical conference!!  Hehehe! I'm becoming quite the jet setter in my old age, aren't I?!!

So...without further rambling (which, in case you hadn't noticed, I have a tendency to do!), let's get to this week's fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's!! Our theme this week is...

"Emboss It"

Sooooo... I decided to make a little "Christmas" card using an adorable Sassy Cheryl digi called "Going to see the Star." Ta-daaaaa...Clean and Simple? Getting closer, right?!


Here's my card "recipe"...

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Bravo Burgundy (Stampin' Up)
Embossing folders: Cuttlebug
Sentiment & Ticket Die: Whimsy
Ribbon & Gold baubles: my stash
Gold filagree corners & Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Inside sentiment: (SU)
Swirl dies: Nestabilities
Snowflake punch: Martha Stewart
Copics & Prismacolor pencils
Liquid Applique
Stickles
MS Coarse Glitter



I have to admit, I freaked out just a little when I realized that I hadn't used DPs on the front! Yikes!! But, no worries...I used DPs from Bo Bunny's Midnight Frost collection on the inside!! hehehe!


And...your fave "ahhhtsy fahhhhtsy" view...


And  now it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to check out all the fabulous "Embossed" creations by my very talented and always "sassy" DT sistahs!!  Then, we'd love for you to come join the fun! Just remember to follow this week's "Emboss It" theme. You don't even have to use a Sassy Cheryl image...tho we love when you do!! Oh, and...don't forget to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's Digis Online Store HERE!!

Thanks for visiting!! And...for your kind comments! Have a fantastic week! I'm off to try my luck at the penny slots! hehehe! Wish me luck!! Mwahhhhh!

20 comments:

Linda said...

Love the coloring on this one crazy lady! My goodness it is pretty! Those embossed square backgrounds provide so much interest too!

Soak up those rays baby and I hope you get lucky at the slots.

Christina C. said...

Totally gorgeous, Pat!!!! Love this awesome image and the beautifully embossed background! Such a stunning design!

Dawn said...

omword! it's both beautiful and darling all wrapped up in one! I love the embossing... fabulous once again girl!

Dena said...

Pat, your little inky fingers make everything beautiful! This is very pretty even without DPs on the front haha! Sweet image too!
Hugs,Dena

Lisa Lynn said...

This is incredible! Love the navy and burgundy. Enjoy your time away.

Sassy Cheryl said...

Clean, but not simple. . . .it's elegant and I LOVE it! Each week you amaze me even more!
Have fun in Vegas. . . .and try and behave. LOL!

Ann English said...

Gorgeous, naturally. Clean and simple it's NOT! Okay, maybe clean but I don't think you do simple! Hope you're having a blast!

jkreucher said...

I always look forward to your amazing~ fantastic creations sassy sistah!
this is Breath taking! I love everything!
I must check out these tickets.. I love the look!
they add such a sweet touch!
design A+ coloring A+ everything A+
hugs
Judy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh yes, Pat, you are definitely getting closer to CAS. If you lose all of the embellishment and the extra layering you would be closer still! But in my view, this lovely make looks perfect with it's pretty colourwork, lovely layering and just the right amount of embellishment just as it is! Viva Las Vegas, girlfriend! Hugs, Lesley

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Beautiful Pat!! Love the blocked embossed DP. Such a darling image, you've colored it fabulously. Put a coin in the slot for me while you're there. Lol ~jeni :)

Debbie said...

Well, My honey bunny, this is so sweet, love your embossing, and I love this image, looks like I am going to break down and buy a few so that I can start to joining in on the fun.

Hope you are breaking the bank as we speak or just enjoyed your spa package.

Hugs
Debbie

JACKIE M said...

I just LOVE your card Pat,the soft colours, embossed squares, beautiful corners and everything else !!! beautiful :)

Stamping Seasons said...

WOW, talk about setting the bar high! Pretty amazing.
Hugs
Tracy

Candy said...

You have ACED this one Pat :o)
I absolutely LOVE it!!
Hugs, Candy

Cathy said...

Pat, I don't think you will ever master CAS but we would be disappointed if you did LOL. Love your white embossed squares which add a beautiful elegant touch but still a homey touch. The Gold corner and burgundy and blue flowers are perfect with the image...one of my favorite from last year

Danielle said...

Clean maybe, but ELEGANT totally ELEGANT. and I adore. It will inspire me certainly... I love your idea of embossed white cardstock as background tiles, the blue layer under. wow wow so rich. and this cutie stamp, is adorable. I am falling in love again, must color that. Outstanding inside. Beautiful work Pat. you inspire me!

Holly Young said...

THIS is so gorgeous and so deicious it makes me want to up and buy that stamp YESTERDAY!

fairysparkle said...

Hey Pat another beautiful card ,i love what you have done with this image .Ibought that very same image .Your cards are always beautiful .x

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous - do I get tired of saying this - of course! But what else can I say? It is gorgeous and your coloring is out of this world. Do you drink water while you color?
Sandy

Iulia said...

Oh, what a gorgeous image and color combo! Absolutely beautiful! Love those swirls! How creative you are!
By the tone of your more recent posts, I guess you won something on that slot machine!:)
Hugs