Monday, November 7, 2011

Sugar Nellie Monday...

Happy Monday, my lovelies! And welcome, once again, to my Sugar Nellie DT post! Just a quick update on my recent trip to Arizona to visit my 3 fabulous kids and 5 delightful grandkiddos! I had THE BEST time...I have no idea where they all get their energy! hehehe!! Here's a pic of Ava & Mia! Four year-old Mia told me that, when you turn 16, you get a boyfriend AND a car!! Seriously? Hmmmm...I wonder if her parents are on board with that?!


And Sophia, Emma, and Brody...playing with Play-doh after a successful shopping trip with gramma!


Unfortunately, in addition to some wonderful memories and fun photos...and some very cool craft supplies, I also brought back a nasty case of viral tonsillitis! Seriously?! Isn't that something that only kids get? Arrgghh! No worries, tho...I'm on the mend...gearing up for a trip to Las Vegas this week with my handsome hubby!! I plan on sitting by the pool with my trashy novel...hoping the sun will bake this virus right out of me!

So...enough about my travels and my goofy case of tonsillitis...let's talk about my newest Sugar Nellie card....


As you know, I've been frantically making Winter Holiday cards...and for this one I chose some rather traditional Christmas colors...green & red! I also inked up a 2010 Sugar Nellie stamp that I've had for more than a year! Yep...this is the first time it's touched an ink pad! Shame on me, right?!! This darling stamp is called "Kiss me Quick" and is from Sugar Nellie's "Home Grown" collection...available HERE at Funky Kits. I used Memento London Fog ink...rather than Tuxedo Black...to give the image a slightly "softer" look.


Here's my card "recipe"...
DPs: Authentique's "Wonder" collection
Cardstock: Real Red & Hunter Green (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Real Red (SU)
Ribbon: Real Red (SU)
Dies: Rectangle & circle (Nestabilities), Tags & fancy circle (Marianne's Creatables) - Ivy (Memory Box)
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley
Red berries: Viva Red Pearl Pen
Fluff on the elf's hat: Liquid Applique


Copics & Prismacolor Pencils used to color this cutie patootie:

E21, 00, 000, 0000 w/Peach & Lt. Peach pencils (skin)
R20 & 00 w/Nectar pencil (cheeks)
E23, 53, 51, 50, 35 w/Dark Brown & Sienna Brown pencils (hair)
R24, 22, 20 w/Crimson Red pencil (reds)
G28, 24, 21, 20 w/Dark Green pencil (greens)

Here's one more view...


And...that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie project! And extra special thanks for your sweet comments...they make my day!

Hugsssss...the "germ free" kind, of course!! Until next time....

10 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

What a beautiful card Pat - kiddos are always so generous with their germs aren't they. I guess us adults are to blame as we're always telling them "it's good to share!"
Wishing you a speedy recovery and a wonderful time in Las Vegas.
Hugs
Jane

Tracy V. said...

Pat your card is beautiful!! Love the image and your coloring is awesome. As for you grandkids...CUTE, CUTE!! Glad you had a wonderful visit, sorry you came home sick! :-(( Have fun in Vegas!!! I'm going in March and I can not wait!!! Love me some Vegas baby!!!

Hugs,
Tracy V

Dorcas said...

Pat your grandkids are gorgeous!! Looks like they're having a BLAST, I bet theres a few tears when you leave.. as for a car and a boyfriend at age 16...hmmmm.. don't they know the disney channel is FICTION ??LOL
by the way I'm lovin that juicy red and white striped ribbon!

angelwhispers said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time with your family and I do hope you are bug free for your holiday! Loving the card the image is just lovely and such wonderful papers and detail especially the fur effect on your image! Chanelle xxx

Debbie said...

OMG your grand kids are adorable, thanks for sharing the pictures, and tonsillitis are you kidding me.. that stinks... your card is stunning, Love the red and greens and that bow is gorgeous..as you know, I'm bow challenged..Have a great time in Vegas, soak up some some rays and please make sure you break the bank.

Hugs
Debbie

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loving your traditional colours and fab papers with this beautiful image. Sorry about your throat though - hope you feel better very soon. I recommend less air travel - wouldn't it have been simpler to go from Arizona to Las Vegas direct rather than via Virginia? Hugs, Lesley

Lisa Lynn said...

The pics are adorable. Hope you are feeling better soon. Your card is gorgeous. I love the hair coloring!

Sandy said...

Your grand kids are adorable and I know how much fun you must have had. Mia can come live with me!!
Your cards are amazing. This is absolutely adorable. You are perfection personified. Everything about this card is just incredible. Just beautiful Pat!
Sandy

Betsy said...

Mia looks like a mini-You!!!

Such a cute card!

Iulia said...

I bet you are fully recovered by now hun so no need to wish you speedy recovery:) Your little guys are are adorable, but you know that and that little Mia surely knows what she wants from life:)You know, Mo's teen fairy Mia looks a bit like her and her sis:) I wonder if that was not a request from sweet friend Pat:)
Oh, and this card is a darling! You surely have a great taste in joining DTs, all your cards have great images on:)
Hugs, Iulia