Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ice & Snow...at the Sugar Bowl!

Happy Thursday, my friends!! I can't believe that a week from today is Thanksgiving!!!! YIKES! Guess I'd better work on getting organized! Where did this year go? I ask you!! Well...I won't think about that now...I'll think about that tomorrow! (Hehehe!! That's my Scarlet O'Hara impersonation...you know, from "Gone With the Wind"! Fiddle-de-dee! LOL!) OK...enough of my silliness...let's talk about this fortnight's challenge over at the Sugar Bowl! Yep...we're on Challenge #72! And our very own Sugar Mama, Gayle, has given us this fabulous sketch to follow...


...with "Ice & Snow" brrrrrr...as our optional theme! And here's my card!


I chose a cute little Sugar Nellie stamp called "Crystal Flakes." Isn't she completely adorable?! This darlin' comes from Sugar Nellie's "Home Grown Collection" and you can find her HERE at Funky Kits! Once again, I opted to make a "shaker card"...this one in the form of a fun little snowglobe!!


Here's my simple little card "recipe"...
Cardstock: White (stash)
DPs: Marianne Design's "Scandinavian Christmas" collection
Coarse glitter (Martha Stewart)
Dies: circle (Nestabilities), snowglobe & snowflake border (Memory Box)
Punch: Snowflake (MS) & scalloped circle (Stampin' Up)
Sentiment: LOTV
Clear rhinestones (although they look kinda blue) & glass beads: stash
Liquid Applique


Copic Sketch markers:
E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin)
R20 (cheeks)
E15, 13, 11, 51, YR21, 20
BG0000 (whites & shadow)
R27, 24, 22, 20 (reds)

And one more for good measure...


Alrighty then...it's time to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl and take a peek at the beautiful projects by my fellow DT Sweeties. Then, pull out your art supplies and get busy creating your own card or project for this fortnight's challenge! One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a fabulous prize from Sugar Nellie. Once again, our prize for this Sugar Bowl Challenge is....

...your choice of FOUR Sugar Nellie stamps
(increasing to SIX if we have 100+ entries!)...

So...remember...invite your friends...and your friend's friends!! Thank you so much for visiting...and for your sweeeeeet comments! They really do make me smile! Hugs...until next time....

10 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Pink cuteness - I love this!
Hugs
Jane

Cathy said...

Simply gorgeous Pat, love your colouring and all those details. Shaker cards are a disaster area for me!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Christina C. said...

OMG...this is such a darling image! Love the papers and all those gorgeous details! This little cutie is colored to perfection.

Chrissy said...

What a little treasure Pat...love the colours, so beautiful...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous Sweetie ♥ Love that shaker card! Never tried it myself looks a little scary to try..

fairysparkle said...

Oh my this is just fantastic ,i love the stamp and love love what you have done with it.

Fiona said...

gorgeous as always Pat...love those papers and I might try one of these shaker cards.

Fi
x

Elaine said...

Well, well, well Little Mizzy Scarlet...frankly I think your card is awesome (somehow I couldn't do my Rhett Butler..frankly I don't give a damn speech..sounded too rude!)
Very beautiful card Pat..I told ya I love shaker cards! Make em all shakers!

Hugs Rhett :)
xxx

Dena said...

Yes, maam this is one super duper cute card! I saw those snowglobe dies and thought they were adorable!!!! You made a little masterpiece. The pink makes it all girlie!!!
Hugs, Dena

Erika said...

Love this card Pat the colour combo is stunning and a big wow to the 3D aspect.
Crafty hugs, Erika.